08-07-15 04:13 AM
94 ... 234
tools
    I'm interested but it all hinges on the price.

Z10 via CB10
    05-10-15 06:00 PM
    I'd really like to see a USB-C port on it.
    05-10-15 07:05 PM
    Just a fluent software!

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    Got it, powerful specs.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-10-15 10:23 PM
    Reliability and few manufacturing defects.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:12 AM
    Since you asked about it, I have to know, what is the obsession over getting thinner and thinner? Once you get thin enough so it's not clunky, how does getting thinner and thinner help you? To me, if a half millimeter means 150mah more on your battery, I'll definitely prefer that... Just my own opinion, I'm definitely interested to hear what you think about it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I prefer something less clunky but I'm a female who doesn't want my phone weighing down my purse. It's just a personal preference. I don't want something as thin as the iPhone 6 that will bend in my back pocket (when I forego the purse) but the size and weight of the Z30 is perfect. I love the battery life on my 30 so if they can work that out on the slider, I'm all for it. So something similar to that I can deal with. We don't need another clunky Torch slider, been there done that.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 04:34 AM
    I prefer something less clunky but I'm a female who doesn't want my phone weighing down my purse. It's just a personal preference. I don't want something as thin as the iPhone 6 that will bend in my back pocket (when I forego the purse) but the size and weight of the Z30 is perfect. I love the battery life on my 30 so if they can work that out on the slider, I'm all for it. So something similar to that I can deal with. We don't need another clunky Torch slider, been there done that.

Posted via CB10
    Ah ok, not being clunky I can understand, thought you just arbitrarily wanted "thinner thinner thinner!" like a lot of people do now-a-days, I need to find one of those people to find out why it appeals to them so much...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-13-15 11:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    It will only bend if you're stupid with it. Nobody seems to complain about bending phones after the "bend gate" trend on the internet. Take your notebook and sit on it often... There were threads about Z30s and passports bent here on crackberry aswell, then complain...

Use it normaly, phones wont bend tha same way that if you don't drop them, the screen wont shatter
    05-13-15 01:24 PM
    The main unit will be a 4.7" all touch smartphone, paired with a detachable sliding keyboard unit that includes extra battery and micro sd slot. Get work done by linking both units. Detach keyboard for convenience. It will give users to work and play without compromise.
    05-15-15 09:13 AM
    The main unit will be a 4.7" all touch smartphone, paired with a detachable sliding keyboard unit that includes extra battery and micro sd slot. Get work done by linking both units. Detach keyboard for convenience. It will give users to work and play without compromise.
    I don't mean to attack you personally, but I've heard the detachable keyboard request a lot in the forum and I think, if the device is slim enough, it may very-well be exactly the same as handling a z30 or z10. Also, the mechanisms that allow for detachment and reattachment would likely add too much girth and weight to the device. I think that BlackBerry should come up with a keyboard attachment for the Leap to satisfy those who don't find high end specs to be necessary. I know most people think blackberry was dumb for not coming out with a high-end all-touch but the reality is that they simply cannot compete with other companies in that arena. The Passport garnered a lot of attention because it was unique and reminiscent of the past. The same went for the Classic. The Slider's keyboard is something that makes it invaluable in BlackBerry's plan. Unique designs are what are going to help them gain traction. Low-end all-touch tends to sell easier because people who buy those phones aren't doing so because they were expecting a ton of apps and unbeatable media consumption value. That's why they bet on the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 09:26 AM
    I had a Samsung slider years ago and it wasn't much difference in thickness to the Z10, a beautiful phone.

My dream phone years ago was a slider, the Nokia N95, it slid both ways..

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 10:48 AM
    I don't mean to attack you personally, but I've heard the detachable keyboard request a lot in the forum and I think, if the device is slim enough, it may very-well be exactly the same as handling a z30 or z10. Also, the mechanisms that allow for detachment and reattachment would likely add too much girth and weight to the device. I think that BlackBerry should come up with a keyboard attachment for the Leap to satisfy those who don't find high end specs to be necessary. I know most people think blackberry was dumb for not coming out with a high-end all-touch but the reality is that they simply cannot compete with other companies in that arena. The Passport garnered a lot of attention because it was unique and reminiscent of the past. The same went for the Classic. The Slider's keyboard is something that makes it invaluable in BlackBerry's plan. Unique designs are what are going to help them gain traction. Low-end all-touch tends to sell easier because people who buy those phones aren't doing so because they were expecting a ton of apps and unbeatable media consumption value. That's why they bet on the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    If it's physically possible to construct a device like it i believe this will be the halo product Blaclberry is looking for. The reality is, probably 95% of all smartphone users have moved on to all touch. The numbers speak for themselves. I'm not saying Blackberry should compete with Apple and Android. That's suicide. BUT they cannot ignore the truth of the situation. Making a unique form factor is good for marketig but it's a big risk. For example the Passport isn't a runaway hit. And Blackberry's upcoming slider will not be also. That's my prediction. Chen said that most sales still come from the handset business and it's on a decline as we speak. If they want growth they need to bridge the gap with the mass consumer. Corporate sales is only a tiny fraction given that there's a budget involved. That's probably who Blakberry Oslo is targeted for.

A blackberry high end all touch with detachable keyboard+battery pack+micro sd slot combo solves this. Want to work? Need that extra battery? Need extra storage? Don't want to look nerdy with a keyboard? Want to play games? Power users and casual users have a choice. It can be the device that bridges the gap. A one piece slider won't work because it's going to be bulky, heavy, and only keyboard lovers will buy it. An all touch smartphone user is not thinking of a keyboard so it's already out of the option. You've lost the consumer already. But if you give them options and benefits of using the detachable unit (extra battery, extra storage, optional keyboard) then they MIGHT actually consider. With the one piece keyboard there's no choice the keyboard is there. The truth is, the keyboard reminds users of the old Blackberry.
    Last edited by quilla_b; 05-16-15 at 05:34 AM.
    05-16-15 12:43 AM
    Speaker comparable to HTC
    Screen like S6 edge
    Camera like G4
    Processor maybe snapdragon 820
    DDr3 RAM
    Sd card slot
    Three tone flash like up coming lumia 940
    Front cam(5mp)
    Keyboard like the passport

These all things will make it the bezels smartphone in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:46 PM
    What about the camera? I saw an ad for LG G4 and the lens physically moves to focus or zoom. From what I saw it looked like a great camera.

I hope BlackBerry uses something like that. Something that can focus and scan bar codes too.

But with all the firings and the rumors of Android I'm not sure anything matters anymore. They can't make something run great with no one to program. This slider could have been amazing. I don't see any vision or passion from Chen that has anything to do with what makes me passionate about BlackBerry. A software company is meaningless to me.

So that being said. Maybe Samsung or LG might buy some patients and create the new Torch slider. Or take over the project when Chen finished putting BlackBerry six feet under.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    RyanGermann likes this.
    08-03-15 08:36 AM
    How about NOT using a curved screen. A flat screen will do me fine. I don't need the gimmick, the hub works fine right now for me. Plus the curved edge seems to make the screens looks thicker to me (not sure if that's actually the case or not)

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    08-03-15 08:45 AM
    My list :

I want OS 10 not android.

Now that the obvious is out of the way :

I want the Hub built into the curved part of the screen.
    Capacitive touch keyboard like the PassPort and the Z30 on screen keyboard.
    Updated browser.
    Flash support. It isn't being developed but it's still not put of use for a lot of sites. Bring it back.
    HD screen.
    Top notch speakers.
    Great build quality. Samsung is making BlackBerry look stupid lately with their new phones. Nevermind Sony and Apple. BlackBerry should be going for a high end feel.
    I also want Amazon, Microsoft and BlackBerry to join their app development into one big store. This is the only way for them to find off android and apple. They need volume to support their devs.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 04:23 PM
    I am with you on this one. I liked everything about the z30 except for its size and bulkiness. They can make large screen phones with out the bulk.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they could but you'll always have to sacrifice something, in this case it would be the battery life. The Z30 is primarily bulky because of its internal battery. But the trade off is capacity.

I'll take the Z30 bulk and battery life over anything else any day of the week. And 4" display is tinny! Even the Z10 could have used a bump up to 4.5" or 4.7"

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-04-15 07:19 AM
    If it's physically possible to construct a device like it i believe this will be the halo product Blaclberry is looking for. The reality is, probably 95% of all smartphone users have moved on to all touch. The numbers speak for themselves. I'm not saying Blackberry should compete with Apple and Android. That's suicide. BUT they cannot ignore the truth of the situation. Making a unique form factor is good for marketig but it's a big risk. For example the Passport isn't a runaway hit. And Blackberry's upcoming slider will not be also. That's my prediction. Chen said that most sales still come from the handset business and it's on a decline as we speak. If they want growth they need to bridge the gap with the mass consumer. Corporate sales is only a tiny fraction given that there's a budget involved. That's probably who Blakberry Oslo is targeted for.

A blackberry high end all touch with detachable keyboard+battery pack+micro sd slot combo solves this. Want to work? Need that extra battery? Need extra storage? Don't want to look nerdy with a keyboard? Want to play games? Power users and casual users have a choice. It can be the device that bridges the gap. A one piece slider won't work because it's going to be bulky, heavy, and only keyboard lovers will buy it. An all touch smartphone user is not thinking of a keyboard so it's already out of the option. You've lost the consumer already. But if you give them options and benefits of using the detachable unit (extra battery, extra storage, optional keyboard) then they MIGHT actually consider. With the one piece keyboard there's no choice the keyboard is there. The truth is, the keyboard reminds users of the old Blackberry.
    I'll have to disagree with you. Your solution would add more unnecessary manufacturing costs to develop a unit that wouldn't solve any underlying OS related issues. Hardware is a small part of consumers considering choices, when virtually all iOS and Android devices have the same access to huge app ecosystems.

The solution for BlackBerry is to either make to variations of the Slider, one Android and one BB10 or go all in with a skinned BB10 Android device for high-end and have BB10 reserved for fleet phones.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-04-15 07:33 AM
    I would like to see a slider based on a smaller size. Say the size of the Z10, or even Q10. The front is all touchscreen, say 4.5 inches, and then keyboard is available when needed, without sacrificing screen space.
    To me the length isn't as big a deal as the width. The Z30 just feels a bit too wide to me for comfortable one handed use.
    Of course I would like all of the up to date specs. I fear if the next device is another big one, I will finally have to give up and move on. Been here from first storm through most of the 10s.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 01:15 PM
    Not a chance

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-07-15 04:13 AM
94 ... 234