No Double Typing

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:56 PM
    Just so you know, although I love dark themes, they actually use more battery on lcd screens than the bright theme. This is because unlike the oled screens, lcd screens have all pixels lit up at all time. This means that black colors aren't really black because they're powered. So showing a black pixel takes more battery than showing a white pixel.

But.....if this device uses the same screen as samsung (super amoled) which is quite likely, then dark theme would in fact save battery life

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. Thanks for the explanation for sure. I believe this new BB10 based Slider is a Super AMOLED screen. We can tell because the only shot of the screen is blurred white. I read that those types of screens look that way in video if the angle is not right.
    03-16-15 07:04 PM
    I want a captive keyboard such as the passport and have it include a type of keyboard where the keys change face as per necessary, ie letters when you are typing, keys change to number pad for phone function and calculator, symbols to go as needed. It would make the phone look soo sleek and new

Z10
    03-16-15 07:15 PM
    How about the screen being just a keyboard

Z10
    03-16-15 08:23 PM
    How about the screen being just a keyboard

Z10
    So a digital type keyboard but in a physical form? Humm, interesting. I believe BlackBerry already has patents for such design. The problem is implementing it into a smart phone. The physical keys will also have to be transparent such as glass keys.
    03-16-15 10:07 PM
    Lots of good posts here.

Someone mentioned price. I'd be willing to go 749.00 if it had a kick *** camera, it was really built with quality in mind. A nice screen. A huge *** battery. Choice of colors. Really great keyboard. Like a 9900 keyboard.

Guys I'm using a Z10 while I wait for a new screen for the Z30. I have to admit I miss the 30 size. I like the LTD screen of the 10. But miss the size. I'm not saying the slider has to be as big as the Z30. But maybe somewhere in between. Definitely no larger than a Z30.

Maybe 4.8 inch. ? What you guys think?

I'm telling you memory plays tricks on you. When I first went to Z30 I hated the size. Now that I'm on Z10 I find it easier to make typos. And I miss the bigger screen more than I expected to.

The Z10 battery is horrible. Even more noticing it from the Z30 to Z10.

Using Z10 since BlackBerry broke my Z30.
    03-17-15 12:29 AM
    I think I am the only person that wants "only" a 4 inch screen for the slider.

A speaker (stereo) that can be used as a real conference phone.

Toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    A similar sized z10-esque slider would be sweet

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    03-17-15 01:08 AM
    A similar sized z10-esque slider would be sweet

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    They made that much huge screen because it might have 2k resolution screen and it requires bigger battery which can't be put in a similar size as z10

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:22 AM
    So a digital type keyboard but in a physical form? Humm, interesting. I believe BlackBerry already has patents for such design. The problem is implementing it into a smart phone. The physical keys will also have to be transparent such as glass keys.
    I agree, this would bring the physical keyboard for all new highs. Imagine typing on a keyboard but it acts like a virtual keyboard. Like being able to flick words that you see on a Z10/30

Z10
    03-17-15 06:09 AM
    I agree, this would bring the physical keyboard for all new highs. Imagine typing on a keyboard but it acts like a virtual keyboard. Like being able to flick words that you see on a Z10/30

Z10
    If they make keys just like passport than it will be better

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    03-17-15 06:54 AM
    quality control this time around would be nice.
    04-15-15 11:22 PM
    The passport has better speakers than the z30 people, so I say at least have on par speakers than the passport if not better I'd like to see PlayBook level loudness, but I'd like to keep the speakers one on the top one on the bottom. I'd like either the new samsung octa core processor or the snap dragon 810. I don't want the phone becoming slow and showing it's age quickly like the z30 did. I say software is already a given I expect the newest iteration 10.3.4 or whatever it is with some cool new features. At least a 3000mah battery but something between 3500-4000 would be more ideal. Atleast 3gb of ram but I'd love 4gb if it has a 64 bit processor. Full 1080p screen anything higher is just going to kill the battery for no reason and anything higher is better suited for a tablet. I'd rather have a super amoled screen than a 4k screen.13mp camera with updated lens and technology. Better low light please. Touch keyboard is must. If it had all of these features I wouldn't complain if it was 600 even 700 I'd be cool with

Posted via CB10
    SilkySunshine likes this.
    04-21-15 02:25 AM
    The passport has better speakers than the z30 people, so I say at least have on par speakers than the passport if not better I'd like to see PlayBook level loudness, but I'd like to keep the speakers one on the top one on the bottom. I'd like either the new samsung octa core processor or the snap dragon 810. I don't want the phone becoming slow and showing it's age quickly like the z30 did. I say software is already a given I expect the newest iteration 10.3.4 or whatever it is with some cool new features. At least a 3000mah battery but something between 3500-4000 would be more ideal. Atleast 3gb of ram but I'd love 4gb if it has a 64 bit processor. Full 1080p screen anything higher is just going to kill the battery for no reason and anything higher is better suited for a tablet. I'd rather have a super amoled screen than a 4k screen.13mp camera with updated lens and technology. Better low light please. Touch keyboard is must. If it had all of these features I wouldn't complain if it was 600 even 700 I'd be cool with

Posted via CB10
    Agreed with everything here

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:08 AM
    Wish list?

1. I wish it weren't a slider.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    04-23-15 01:45 PM
    I REALLY hope on top of killer specs it has a premium design and feel. If it feels cheap (like the back of the passport imo) that would be a major turn off to many buyers.

Sent from my Passport
    04-27-15 12:51 PM
    1. Wireless Charging
    2. Wireless Charging
    3. Wireless Charging

...oh did I mention wireless charging?
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    04-27-15 01:14 PM
    Detachable keyboard!

With a replacement back cover to cover the mechanical parts of the 'sliding' part. So users could end up with a full touch if they want to.

Simply 
    04-27-15 01:31 PM
    I'd like to see the keyboard slide sideways, then it's actually useful when in landscape mode.

The virtual keyboard would be fine for portrait use.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:15 PM
    A decent GPU for graphics, it's one of the things that made the Z30 soooo much better than the Z10.
    05-01-15 06:54 AM
    Samsung camera performance

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 07:56 AM
    FOR ONCE BlackBerry, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SOLVE THE DOUBLE TYPING ISSUE, REGARDLESS OF HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE RELATED.

JUST MAKE SURE THIS DOESNT HAPPEN TO THE SLIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Via Passport and Classic
    double_fault likes this.
    05-01-15 08:06 AM
    They only need to be transparent enough to see characters and possibly words for predictive text

Z10
    05-01-15 08:08 AM
    For once BlackBerry, use a decent camera. I hate my Z30 camera with a passion. Make this the phone to end all phones. You cheap bastards.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    05-01-15 08:09 AM
    Looking at how the Passport keyboard works, I'm literally expecting de-facto something like that on the slider. Certainly not expecting a normal physical keyboard =D
    05-01-15 08:48 AM
    The thing that I'd miss the most from my Z30 would be the sound system in this thing. I would like an exact replica of this.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    I love my Passport, and it has good speakers, but I still have yet to hear a BlackBerry that sounds as good as my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:07 PM
94 1234