This is the charge time from 3% to full using my Samsung fast charge wireless while using the playbook 1.8A charger for power the charge pad

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Would you mind posting which Samsung Model you have? Thanks
    03-20-16 11:11 AM
    Too much to read on this thread, but I'dike to add my 2 cents...having wireless capability to me is not a selling point because as one (or several) of the folks here stated, you still need to plug in the charging pad. Less wear and tear on the USB port is (IMO) a silly excuse or reason to want a device that has that feature. I had a wireless charger that I got in a trade recently and didn't feel the need or desire to have it or not to have it.I didn't care either way.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:13 AM
    Too much to read on this thread, but I'dike to add my 2 cents...having wireless capability to me is not a selling point because as one (or several) of the folks here stated, you still need to plug in the charging pad. Less wear and tear on the USB port is (IMO) a silly excuse or reason to want a device that has that feature. I had a wireless charger that I got in a trade recently and didn't feel the need or desire to have it or not to have it.I didn't care either way.

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty much how I've been... Was stoked when wireless charging 1st peeked... Every new device released with wireless charging as well as the self proclaimed new and improved wireless chargers that drop I purchase and experiment with in hopes of new improvements, but each time I just find the option overall pointless... The idea of saving the charger port is the biggest draw I suppose, but at this point, wireless charging hasn't transcended to a place that justifies its' existence quite yet... As stated prior, I have wireless charging options (several) available, but opt for a quickcharge or rapid charger instead. Just faster and more adequate overall...

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    03-20-16 11:24 AM
    QuickCharge enabled charger does it fast as needed and I can use the device without it losing charge.
    Now this is technology even my luddite *** can get behind. But is there any consensus about quick charging being good/bad for long term battery life (# of cycles?) Any other drawbacks, besides possibly long term battery life?
    03-20-16 10:25 PM
    Now this is technology even my luddite *** can get behind. But is there any consensus about quick charging being good/bad for long term battery life (# of cycles?) Any other drawbacks, besides possibly long term battery life?
    How long has this QUICK charge technology been around? Long enough to have results or does the convenience outweigh any detriments so no one is seriously measuring them yet?
    03-20-16 11:50 PM
    A wireless charging feature is no worse for the environment than owning a smartphone. Get a grip pal. You probably drive a vehicle too.

FF22 likes this.
    03-21-16 02:01 AM
    How long has this QUICK charge technology been around?
    At least three generations (Quick Charge 1.0...3.0, if we are to strictly look at Qualcomm.)

Long enough to have results or does the convenience outweigh any detriments so no one is seriously measuring them yet?
    See, that's what I was wondering about as well. Is it just the FOTM where "ooh, shiny!">negative implications?

FWIW, 3.0 was announced in September 2015. Battery charging has been around much longer than that, so assuming it isn't some revolutionary new way of charging, there should be technically sound explanations, right?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-21-16 12:36 PM
    I thought the wireless charging device was to keep the back from creaking...

Posted via CB10
    Wezard likes this.
    04-02-16 10:24 AM
    The battery has no idea where it's getting it's charging voltage from and doesn't care.
    As a general rule batteries, even the various lithium's last longer and/or more cycles with a moderate charge, so the fast chargers are worse. But, the batteries are designed for that, and the technology is pretty good, so if you need fast charge go for it. Might cost you 8 to 10 cycles over the life of battery. Battery croaks April 18, 2020 instead of April 21, 2020.

Here's prob more than you ever wanted to know about Lithium-ion battery charging.
    How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Wireless is for convenience, I like it, no hunting for cord or orientation in the half dark. But then I only need to charge mine once a day, while I sleep.
    It's kinda cool too (IMO), I'm thinking of getting one to put on my desk, not that I need it, it would just look slick.

If you don't like it, don't use it - simple. But judging from all the posts whining and crying cuz they ain't got it, it must be rather well liked.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-02-16 03:03 PM
    At work I have an EBay purchased $5.00 charger that the phone rests on when not in use. No fuss and fully charged all day.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=GHPg6bCP

STV 100-2 AAD797
    04-02-16 06:28 PM
    Anyway you look at it is inefficient because you introduce another energy conversion step.
    Yes, every bit helps, especially since people use their phones all the time now.
    So even using a Priv is worse for the environment than using a Passport.
    Or android for that matter.
    Apart from many other bad things,pervasive data mining and surveillance wastes energy, too.
    Do you drive a car, or ride a bike?

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    04-02-16 08:49 PM
    Wow, people are truly hilarious and never cease to amaze me in various ways B!

Anyways, as far as wireless charging is concerned, that feature should be ubiquitous by now! Default stuff, like Wi-Fi and everything else. How else will it grow and become more useful?

How would wireless charging be any worse for our environment than everything else we do to our environment, including having smartphones themselves...!?!?!?!?

04-02-16 11:56 PM
    I have never owned a motor vehicle in my entire life. I ride a bike and walk. If I must, my friends can and do give me rides, but hardly ever required. In fact, I go out of my way to consume less and waste not. The biggest contribution I make to this whole system is collecting BlackBerry devices. My devices never go to waste, I keep them all.

04-02-16 11:59 PM
    All we can do is limit our effects on our environment. Enough of the sanctimonious drivel about the environment. We're all unfortunately doing some damage in some way. It's the nature of our nature.

Last edited by Nonsense Ape; 04-03-16 at 11:50 PM.
    04-03-16 12:01 AM
    I have never owned a motor vehicle in my entire life. I ride a bike and walk. If I must, my friends can and do give me rides, but hardly ever required. In fact, I go out of my way to consume less and waste not. The biggest contribution I make to this whole system is collecting BlackBerry devices. My devices never go to waste, I keep them all.

When you die, they become waste.
    04-03-16 03:30 AM
    My ATT Priv has wireless charging so take that all you moaners, im a wireless charging Texn and your not !!

I put solar pannels on my house not to save the earth because mother nature takes care of its self but not to pay the electric company more!

Screw them lol
    fire up more coal plants is what is needed to keep electricity cost down but oh ya the smoking man in the WH told us that electricity cost would go up and hes right hes almost put the coal industry out of business,
    And the railroads along with it!
    04-03-16 07:38 PM
    I got gum disease in �1996 & ran out to Jamesway, got an InterPlaq electric toothbrush with wireless charging... charging worked fine, toothbrush not so much...
    04-03-16 07:47 PM
    Calm down mr Abrasive or you'll wind up with word-rash... the "smoking man" is evicted soon... you'll wish he were back if we get trump or worse hillary; or even agave on the WH lawn... or the "berning" man... !!! The future is bleak...
    04-03-16 07:53 PM
    And the railroads along with it!
    yep
    04-03-16 08:02 PM
    When you die, they become waste.
    So does my actual body (become waste when I die), but that doesn't make me give up on it or stop contributing to it by way of collecting resources to fund my existence, so there's that.

I must politely suggest how I don't think your point is valid.

04-03-16 11:46 PM
    So does my actual body (become waste when I die), but that doesn't make me give up on it or stop contributing to it by way of collecting resources to fund my existence, so there's that.

I must politely suggest how I don't think your point is valid.

IMO, it's better to recycle/sell/donate them. I don't see how you're helping the environment by storing old phones in a drawer. Will your heirs keep them after you die? Cause if they don't, what you're doing is useless.
    04-04-16 08:52 AM
    Have you priced one of the old Motorola brick's lately?
    He might be smart hanging on to them.
    04-04-16 10:18 AM
    At work I have an EBay purchased $5.00 charger that the phone rests on when not in use. No fuss and fully charged all day.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=K-aQ-f9-

STV 100-2 AAD797
    Thanks for the information. My device is STV 100-4 . Please advise if it supports. Thanks .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    04-04-16 11:47 AM
    Thanks for the information. My device is STV 100-4 . Please advise if it supports. Thanks .
    It does not. Only the -1, -2 and the "-5."
    04-04-16 11:55 AM
    Thanks.
    04-04-16 02:43 PM
125 ... 345