Bought my Priv after reading through the good reviews and including the support of wireless charging... But never did BB state that STV100-3 devices sold through retailers do not support the wireless charging function... Ridiculous to put up specs which do not comply to all versions....

FF22 likes this.
    12-23-15 07:55 PM
    There was several posts and articles I've read here that stated that shop blackberry priv's were the only ones with wireless charging

Posted via CB10
    domokeats09 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-23-15 08:27 PM
    It's only supported on STV100-1/2/5 devices. On STV100-3 devices, it is not supported...

How does BB expect consumers to know which STV devices are we buying off the shelf? This is ****ty marketing...

Pardon my manners but in a real bad mood over this screw up...
    FF22 and jmaxim917 like this.
    12-23-15 09:24 PM
    I have the stv100-4 version. After buying a Samsung wireless charger I figured that my build doesn't support it. After paying so much for a phone the least they should do is standardise the functions across builds and markets.

Or have a clear disclaimer stating features that are missing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jmaxim917 likes this.
    12-23-15 09:27 PM
    I feel you but wireless charging is absolute crap, what your phone does have is qc2 capable charging, I picked up the aukey one on amazon, works awesome and you have a full charge in an hr, wireless takes 8 hrs

12-23-15 09:29 PM
    It's only supported on STV100-1/2/5 devices. On STV100-3 devices, it is not supported...

How does BB expect consumers to know which STV devices are we buying off the shelf? This is ****ty marketing...

Pardon my manners but in a real bad mood over this screw up...
    I believe the STV # is on the box

Also, if you slide open the phone and look on the back of the upper portion of the slider, above the giant CE etching tucked up inside is the STV number as well, mind you this is after you open it... but its there

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry PRIV
    12-23-15 09:31 PM
    I believe the STV # is on the box

Also, if you slide open the phone and look on the back of the upper portion of the slider, above the giant CE etching tucked up inside is the STV number as well, mind you this is after you open it... but its there

Yes but as a general consumer, not techie enough like me, nobody would go around searching for STV verifications on features for each region...
    12-23-15 09:36 PM
    I feel you but wireless charging is absolute crap, what your phone does have is qc2 capable charging, I picked up the aukey one on amazon, works awesome and you have a full charge in an hr, wireless takes 8 hrs

It's not crap. It's convenient and saves wear and tear on the USB port. It's not for quick charging.
    gizmo21, FF22 and KermEd like this.
    12-23-15 09:36 PM

That's very true that QC is working most effectively... But the wireless charging is also a very important feature, at least for me, since I have to run around for meetings in the office and just placing the phone onto the charging station would be much more convenient...
    gizmo21 likes this.
    12-23-15 09:43 PM

Yes, because wireless charging is an idiotic idea which kills the environment.
    Wireless charging is inefficient and you still have to plug something in and carry it with you.
    People who ask for wireless charging have no clue how bad it is for the environment, with little comfort if any.
    The excuse that it saves your connector from wear and tear is even worse.
    You waste energy and contribute to more global warning for such a lame benefit.
    You still have to plug in the wireless charger. That connector gets damaged, too!
    12-23-15 09:56 PM
    Yes but as a general consumer, not techie enough like me, nobody would go around searching for STV verifications on features for each region...
    It's no different from many BB10 and other Android devices that have a large number of sub-variants with various hardware and feature differences.
    12-23-15 10:01 PM
    Wireless charging is inefficient and you still have to plug something in and carry it with you.
    People who ask for wireless charging have no clue how bad it is for the environment, with little comfort if any.
    You still have to plug in the wireless charger. That connector gets damaged, too!
    There's more things to worry about than saving the environment by choosing the way to charge a phone. Why don't you point fingers who still use plasma tvs while you're at this whole all green rant

Note 5 wireless charging takes 1.83 hours and wired takes 1.68 hours, big deal.

Who carries wireless chargers with them, maybe you just use them in ways most people don't? That makes no sense. Mine's always at home on a desk.

I can tell who has and hasn't used a wireless charger in this thread.
    12-23-15 10:33 PM
    Juwoon
    Maybe you should get a Passport. You won't need to worry about charging for 18 hours.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    12-23-15 10:33 PM
    I dont quite see the connection between wireless charging and environmental damage...

What wasted energy are you talking about also?

DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-23-15 10:35 PM
    There's more things to worry about than saving the environment by choosing the way to charge a phone. Why don't you point fingers who still use plasma tvs while you're at this whole all green rant

Who carries wireless chargers with them, maybe you just use them in ways most people don't? That makes no sense. Mine's always at home on a desk.

Anyway you look at it is inefficient because you introduce another energy conversion step.
    Yes, every bit helps, especially since people use their phones all the time now.
    So even using a Priv is worse for the environment than using a Passport.
    Or android for that matter.
    Apart from many other bad things,pervasive data mining and surveillance wastes energy, too.
    12-23-15 10:37 PM

The big advantage is that the models which have the QC 2.0 is that you can go from 0 to 50% in like 1/2 hr Wireless charging wont get you very much charging in that 1/2 hr. To spend the extra 30 seconds to find the charger id rather have the quick charging everyday.
    12-23-15 10:38 PM
    I'd rather have the option of both? They're not mutual exclusively you know as stv100-1 has QC 2.0 as well; unless I really need quick charging I won't use quick charging so only if I come home and I need to head out again in less than an hour with a priv on low battery. My day to day usage is by wireless charging unless speed is absolutely necessary. It's only a matter of time before wireless charging can match up to wired as I said earlier with the Note 5. That difference has been narrowed down more and more. QC 3.0 with wireless charging is going to shrink that margin even more.
    FF22, Carmels and domokeats09 like this.
    12-23-15 10:49 PM
    I dont quite see the connection between wireless charging and environmental damage...

What wasted energy are you talking about also?

Wireless energy transmission is inefficient. It involves an extra energy conversion step.
    It transmits less energy to your Priv than the energy it draws from the socket.
    So, if you plug in the Priv directly, without a wireless charger, you consume less energy for charging the same battery compared to the situation when you use the wireless charger.
    So it also burns your pocket...
    12-23-15 10:50 PM
    I'd rather have the option of both? They're not mutual exclusively you know as stv100-1 has QC 2.0 as well; unless I really need quick charging I won't use quick charging so only if I come home and I need to head out again in less than an hour with a priv on low battery. My day to day usage is by wireless charging unless speed is absolutely necessary. It's only a matter of time before wireless charging can match up to wired as I said earlier with the Note 5. That difference has been narrowed down more and more. QC 3.0 with wireless charging is going to shrink that margin even more.
    It's physics. It will never have 100% efficiency.
    12-23-15 10:51 PM
    It doesn't matter if it's 100%, close enough is good enough. Like I've said, there are worse offences than using wireless charging...
    12-23-15 10:53 PM
    Wireless charging is already improved within a year or 2 till efficiency of near 80%...still can be better I agree but this already close or better than some power banks out in the market
    12-23-15 11:05 PM
    There's definitely value in decreasing the wear and tear on the USB port. I use both wireless and quick charging at different points each day for my Priv, and I'm very glad I have both options

12-24-15 12:27 AM
    There's definitely value in decreasing the wear and tear on the USB port. I use both wireless and quick charging at different points each day for my Priv, and I'm very glad I have both options

*sob sob*

BB support actually told me to read up forums and search proper before buying the handset so that I know to look out for STV100-3 not supporting wireless charging ... Crap

Utterly disappointed with such answers and in Asia there is no return policy....
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-15 01:15 AM
    Wow! Quite a few times already I've heard that response from BlackBerry support. They could've put a direct link to the forum and closed that department, if it ever exist.
    BTW, STV100-1 is distributed in the US only. You'd need some help to get one to Asia.

Posted from my Passport
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-15 04:15 AM
    This thread is full of first world issues...

It has been known for a while that some carriers were going to have a version of the Priv without wireless charging.

And knowing which model version you are buying has nothing to do with whether you are the techie type or not. This definitely is not the fault of BlackBerry's marketing, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Yassbittar; 12-24-15 at 05:51 AM.
    B_Rad BurnZ and andy957 like this.
    12-24-15 05:30 AM
125 123 ...