Just picked up the RavPower Qi charger for my STV100-1 and it won't charge - am I missing something?

The RavPower shows it connects (green light flashing) but no charging. Anyone else have the RP-WCN11 working with the Priv?
    12-22-15 11:05 AM
    Just picked up the RavPower Qi charger for my STV100-1 and it won't charge - am I missing something?

The RavPower shows it connects (green light flashing) but no charging. Anyone else have the RP-WCN11 working with the Priv?
    I do not have a Priv or a RavPower QI charger, but this info may help.
    First, double check that your model Priv does in fact have a QI/Wireless charging capacity built in. It is reported some models do not have that option, especially ones not made for the NA market. ShopBlackBerry US and Canada models are supposed to have it, as should the AT&T model.

The RavPower charger is a "single position" QI charger. This means it only has one "sweet spot" to line up with the QI antenna inside of the Priv.
    As far as I can tell, nobody as posted info on the exact location of the QI antenna inside of the Priv. If following other QI devices, it is not necessarily in the dead center of the Priv.

While the charger is powered on, place the Priv on top, with the screen up (If the device is face down, it will not activate the QI charger or receive charge), and see if it detects and begins charging.
    If not, move the Priv to a slightly different spot.
    Continue to do this until you find the "sweet spot" where the antennas are now lined up and the Priv receives charge. Mark this position with a Sticky Note paper.
    Next, wait a few hours and observe how fast it is being charged. It is normal for QI chargers to be slower than USB chargers, however even if the device is within the "sweet spot" for charging, it could be still slightly off which will effectively reduce the power transmitted. Adjust the device position until you find the best "sweet spot" and mark that.

If you find that you can get that charger to work good, but feel it is too problematic to keep using it due to having to hunt down the "sweet spot", consider getting a "3 coil" QI charger. The 3 coil system gives you a much larger area of and overlapping charge spots, so a miss alignment of the device to the coils is nearly impossible.

I use TYLT Vu QI chargers for my Verizon Z30. They have 3 coils on a angled stand, so not only can I sit my Z30 on the stand in pretty much any position and orientation, I can also use the Z30 it while at my desk or nightstand, while it is being charged. No fumbling around trying to get the device lined up.

Check out the TYLT Vu here:
    Vu Wireless Charger
    Or search on Amazon / eBay for deals or clones of the TYLT brand that have 3 coil QI antennas.
    12-22-15 06:45 PM
    SOLVED - all good. I tested the phone on a Samsung pad and it charged fine. I played with the RavPower and it or the Priv needed to be upside down when placed and Connected and Charging - no more problems. What is nice about this chargepad is that it has its own battery for no power charging.

Thanks
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-22-15 10:30 PM