How cases will affect wireless charging and Samsung Pay on the Galaxy S6 | Android Central

I don't know current thinking but when I bought a wireless charger for a GF who had a Samsung 6, I thought the manufacturer didn't recommend phone be encased. I do understand Faraday's Law and know that heat won't be produced by the inducer but I always had a lingering doubt about leaving a phone in a case on a wireless charger.
    11-05-15 01:11 PM
    FWIW, my TouchPad is always in a case, and it charges on its dock just fine. I do know some cases have problems with it, but not the stock one.

But then Touchstone is a different (low) tech relative to Qi and PMA.
    11-05-15 01:15 PM
    FWIW, my TouchPad is always in a case, and it charges on its dock just fine. I do know some cases have problems with it, but not the stock one.

But then Touchstone is a different (low) tech relative to Qi and PMA.
    And you're right most comments about charging in a case report no concerns about overheating etc. but I'm still wondering is this some part of the decision of Canadian carriers not to carry the wireless charging variant.
    11-05-15 01:24 PM
    And you're right most comments about charging in a case report no concerns about overheating etc. but I'm still wondering is this some part of the decision of Canadian carriers not to carry the wireless charging variant.
    I think it's more to do with the roaming bands, since it's marketed as a world business phone. Maybe limitation on antenna design. That's my other theory on why it doesn't have it.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-05-15 01:48 PM