I recently picked up a cheap Priv to augment my Passport SE. I specifically got the STV100-1 variant as I wanted to wireless charging. I put it on the wireless charger last night and set up Timely to use as my bedside clock and alarm. The phone was almost at 100% so I just wanted to maintain that charge level overnight whilst I used it as my alarm clock. After a few minutes I noticed that the display would light up (Timely was on night mode so the screen was dim) and flick between 99% and 100% charge. This was annoying as it disturbs you during the night. More worryingly was the fact that the phone had became very hot - in fact uncomfortable to hold hot. Obviously the phone was working hard at something but I'm not sure what. I have other Android phone that I use in exactly the same way and they've never had heat issues.

Is this an issue specific to using a Qi charger whilst also running an app (Timely), a Timely issue, some background process I wasn't aware of or something else. I closed Timely and put the until back on the Qi charger and had no problems. It maintained the charge and stayed nice and cool.

Any advice or ideas?
    08-24-17 10:13 PM
    I looked at some of the reviews -- a few called it a battery killer but didn't mention overheating. I use Night Clock -- no issues at all on a couple of Android devices. Perhaps you could give it a shot, for comparison?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ghtclock&hl=en
    08-24-17 10:56 PM
    I use Night Clock as well with no issues. I use wireless charging every night. I have the TechMatte 3 coil charger.
    08-25-17 01:40 PM