I bought Qi charger (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CA...UvbUpU12583691) and it doesn't work with my Priv (I have AT&T model); any thoughts? I thought it worked with all Qi chargers?

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    09-10-16 11:43 PM
    Move the Priv around, particularly up maybe a bit more than half and inch and pause - charging does not always immediately kick in.

The AT&T version does support Qi charging. Do you know that the charger is working? I get a chirp sound when it first starts charging.
    09-11-16 12:38 AM
    Move the Priv around, particularly up maybe a bit more than half and inch and pause - charging does not always immediately kick in.

The AT&T version does support Qi charging. Do you know that the charger is working? I get a chirp sound when it first starts charging.
    I moved it all over, got nothing. Tried for like 10 mins. 3 coils, shouldn't be that hard to find the sweet spot; right?

09-11-16 09:07 AM
    I moved it all over, got nothing. Tried for like 10 mins. 3 coils, shouldn't be that hard to find the sweet spot; right?

No, it should not be that hard. I do have a cheap Samsung Qi charger that actually is that hard but I think it only has one coil. Although, a Samsung Fast Charge "disk" shaped one (not cheap at all) is hard but now I have found its sweet spot - the phone is very off-centered to work on that one and needs to be perpendicular to the cord - so it took a while to get it to work. So, it could be your phone or a defective charger. If you live near a Carrier store (verizon or AT&T), they might have some set up to demonstrate wireless charging. Verizon sells, or did, a few models and has a reasonable return policy. You could test it there??
    09-11-16 09:16 AM
    Personally, I believe the Priv is hit or miss. I've tried a few chargers, when they fail I found that they would charge, but once they hit full charge would go into discharge cycle and never start charging again. I ended up with the Tylt charger which works almost all the time. Every once in a while I wake up with it under 50% but 99% of the time its fully charged.
    09-11-16 02:45 PM
    This is one of the ones I've got. It is definitely position specific.

Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charger White EP-PN920TWEGUS - Best Buy

I've also got the Tylt easel one. I did have to raise my Priv but recently less so????
    09-11-16 03:37 PM