If the phone doesn't like charging and running apps at the same time, does that mean you can't listen to music while charging?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 09:30 PM
    If the phone doesn't like charging and running apps at the same time, does that mean you can't listen to music while charging?

other users noted to get a better wireless charger.
    11-14-15 09:46 PM
    Does anyone here a faint buzzing noise during wireless charging? I've never heard that on any other wireless charging devices I've had. In most environments it would be unnoticeable. But I do hear it when I'm trying to sleep, and it's annoying. Trying to figure out if I have a defective unit.

11-15-15 02:19 PM
    Agree 100%. Not a Priv issue. Wireless charging is really slow as heck.
    Yep quickcharge 2.0 every day of the week for me...
    11-15-15 03:01 PM
    I wonder if the Nokia pad is a three-coil charger. Apparently those are a little more fool-proof.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:08 PM
    All OLED screens are power pigs and the Priv is no exception.

Hint: USE A DARK BACKGROUND -- that will dramatically cut power consumption when on the launcher screens. If your apps offer a dark background as well make sure to select it.

OLED uses power for each lit pixel and the more lit the more power it uses.
    Why oh why didn't BlackBerry offer a dark theme for Hub and Settings!? I'm still waiting for it on my BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:10 PM
    I'm using a generic charging block from China that was fashioned like Captain America's shield.

1.) My Priv recognizes my charging block but I have to align the phone exactly right in order for it to charge. I'm not sure if this is because my Blackberry Priv is in the sliding case.

2.) I plug in my OnePlus One charger to the wireless charging block and it seems to charge fairly quickly

3.) I occasionally get the "Tap to Align" but it seems to go away

4.) My Priv does seem to get warm/hot when I am charging it using this charging block connected to my OnePlus One USB charger (plugged into AC)

In terms of keeping it on the stand for over 12 hours to fully charge it, when I properly align my Priv and it is actually charging, it does seem to charge fast. I think it would probably take a few hours for me to fully charge the phone. I don't see it taking 12+ hours but as I mentioned, my phone does get what I consider to be hot.
    01-06-16 04:10 PM
    Is anyone charging through a case?
    I have a StilGut case and think that I need a better charger. I have never liked this charger.
    01-08-16 11:08 AM
    Does anyone know how to turn off the chime the phone puts out when you put the phone on the wireless charger? I know I can set the phone to silent first, and then put it on there, but I would rather have the phone permanently be quiet on charging.
    01-08-16 03:54 PM
    I only use my wireless charger for overnight charging. If I need to top up during the day, I'd use my QuickCharger. So far, have not needed to top up at all during the day... so nice. Wireless charging is slow as a mofo as everyone has observed, but for me, that's not an issue as it's overnight. Don't care as long as it's 100% by the time I take it off the charger as I head to work. I got a couple wireless chargers from IKEA. A three banger and one banger. Both a nice size, easy to find charging zones. And work with the cases I have.

Wireless Charging Experience-cxfhqa1uwaat0ax.jpg

PRIV ON!
    01-08-16 04:51 PM
    I wonder if the Nokia pad is a three-coil charger. Apparently those are a little more fool-proof.

Posted via CB10
    The Nokia DT 900, 901 and 903 are all 3 coil chargers. I have them and they work well.

Personally i prefer the 903 as they are fast and very easy to place the priv.

01-08-16 07:41 PM
    So, the hard shell case seems to really slow down my wireless charger... this morning my PRIV was only at 82%. Was charging for over 7 hours. Hmmmm.... that is an issue. With the case off, it's no problem.
    01-09-16 06:57 AM
    i have the samsung fast charge pad with lg qualcom 2.0 charger. it takes about 4 hours for full charge. plugging it in takes about 1.5 hours. i expected it to be faster as galaxy (s6 edge+ or note 5) charge about 50 percent in 30 min. reading some replies that it takes about 11-12 hours on the wireless pad for some others, i'd say 4 hour is really the fastest for PRIV.
    when i go to work in the morning, i plug it it to get to up to 60-70 percent in about an hour, then put it on the pad for full charge through the rest of the day.

01-09-16 07:33 AM
    i had the noise issue. was fixed by using a charger of adequate amperage. (2 amps or more)

i go from 20% to 100% in ~4h.
    01-09-16 10:31 AM
39 12