So I just ordered a new external power bank on Amazon that also does qi wireless, I wanted to test it on a Verizon Priv I just picked up. Is there any risk for the charger itself or the phone if I use it mostly as a stationary wireless charger, as in place the phone on top while the power pack itself is plugged in.

If no risk at all, then this type of item makes a lot more sense than buying a regular wireless charger, right? Since it does the same and is also portable.
    05-02-18 01:56 PM
    I would think it would be fine.... as that's how I'd want to use it too. If you bought a new phone with QC4 and this was only a QC2 rated charger, you might not like it as much. But for the PRIV it should be fine. Only other issue might be how many coils it has, and how perfect you have to place the phone on the charger. Three Coils is what I try to stick with...

Love the wireless charging feature of my phone. Home, Office, Car... just lay the phone down. Only time I use the plug anymore is if I've used the phone a lot and need to quick charge (Trips).
    the_boon likes this.
    05-02-18 02:18 PM
    I had purchased some three coil devices on eBay but they don't seem to really have 3 coils since placing the Priv on the device does not result in charging and it has to be propped up on some thing under the phone... Now I bought some on Amazon for a little more money and they work perfectly for both the Priv and the keyone and charge very nicely and fast...

Qi Fast Wireless Charger,Toward Qi Charger Stand Pad Quick Charger for Samsung Note8 S8 Plus S8 S7 Edge S7 Note 5 S6 Edge Plus and Standard Wireless Charger for iPhone8,8 Plus,iPhone X,No Adaptor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CMPWG7...UvbUpU13181990
    05-05-18 01:40 PM