Does anyone have the Priv with Wind Mobile in the Ottawa-Gatineau region? good reception/speed? any input?
    01-15-16 08:53 AM
    I was told that reception is spotty in the GOA.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:00 AM
    from what i read here https://www.reddit.com/r/ottawa/comm..._ridiculously/ it is spotty...but was wondering if the actual phone would make a great difference
    01-15-16 09:04 AM
    I bought the Priv from wind on their $45/unlimited plan and had to switch back to Koodo just because I couldn't get service at my house (Kanata), the gf house and in any of my classes (uOttawa). So it's extremely spotty that's why they offer such a good plan. Back to the Z30 on Koodo. Will order a Priv again for sure though.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:21 AM
    Girlfriend lives in Aylmer. Tried it with Z30 didn't get much better reception. Anyways, depends on whereabouts you live.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:23 AM
    Seems odd? You'd figure Ottawa being a federal government town that Wind would make the coverage as good as it could possibly be?

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    01-15-16 09:31 AM
    Agreed. I expected it to be better than it was certainly. Couldn't deal with not having reception at home so had to switch right back the next day.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:33 AM
    Agreed. I expected it to be better than it was certainly. Couldn't deal with not having reception at home so had to switch right back the next day.

Posted via CB10
    interesting as i live in Aylmer and work in Ottawa...and i hate spotty connections and things that don't work properly. i guess Wind is a no go
    01-15-16 12:07 PM
    Oh I'm just tired of hearing reception problems with wind network. I just love the fact they have great prices and unlimited calling and data but the reception is always hit and miss and it doesn't matter where you live, you get to move from one place to another around the area and the coverage is not the greatest. I just hope the service would improve after the recent acquisition. But for me I'm staying with my current provider.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV on Virgin Mobile Network
    01-15-16 12:15 PM
    I'd recommend waiting and see if Shaw can help them improve their reception. That was my experience though. Both gf and I live in the country somewhat so maybe that's it but when I'm on Koodo I usually never drop below 4 bars at home.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 12:28 PM
    I'd recommend waiting and see if Shaw can help them improve their reception. That was my experience though. Both gf and I live in the country somewhat so maybe that's it but when I'm on Koodo I usually never drop below 4 bars at home.

Posted via CB10
    they're looking at 2017 the earliest to make any improvements...not soon enough, and then they will raise the prices
    01-15-16 12:43 PM
    True enough... any who I don't think you'll get the reception you'd like. You can do what I did and test it for a day and if it doesn't work switch back. Customer service was really good for me and it wasn't a problem at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 01:02 PM
    It's really unfortunate that Canada's biggest "competitor" to the Carrier Big 3, is such a step down in terms of quality that they are able to offer. I think Wind is a great option for those who use their phones primarily within a major city with good coverage.

Unfortunately though, at this point in time, that type of coverage just doesn't cut it for a major carrier. It's service for mobility and should work in as many places as possible.

I for one, hope that the Shaw deal with Wind makes a big difference. They need more money to expand their coverage. I'm sure it might mean prices going up for new customers but it will also inevitably mean the prices of the other carriers going down to remain competitive. As of now, they don't even try to compete with Wind because it really is a matter of getting what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 01:09 PM
    too bad the Shaw deal didn't come sooner, it would have made a difference and dropped the pathetic prices
    01-15-16 02:04 PM