10-30-15 08:25 AM
58 123
tools
    I'm just curious, I'm done with Bell. I need more data and we pay so much. So I am curious to know if Wind mobile will get the blackberry Priv (canadian company) also wind sometimes has the contract cheaper. The passport was not with Wind but the Priv is trying to sell a lot more so what do you think/know?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:23 PM
    Buy it off contract. I am.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-21-15 04:50 PM
    I'm just curious, I'm done with Bell. I need more data and we pay so much. So I am curious to know if Wind mobile will get the blackberry Priv (canadian company) also wind sometimes has the contract cheaper. The passport was not with Wind but the Priv is trying to sell a lot more so what do you think/know?

Posted via CB10
    from what i hear WIND's network sucks that's why they have cheaper contracts. it's only a 3G network
    10-21-15 07:27 PM
    Be careful moving to wind make sure your 100% sure their network will work for you in areas you frequent.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-21-15 07:32 PM
    You can find their coverage map on their website. Make sure you live in an area with good coverage. They're on 3G, yes, but it's fast enough. Let's be real, who leaves their phone connected to LTE all day? I've also heard rumblings that they're trying to get their network to 4G.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    10-21-15 07:47 PM
    Trust me man, I switched to wind countless times for the increased data but I always end up back to the big three, its cool being unlimited but when you need it, it doesn't work or its slow and it sucks.

So do yourself a favor, go on kijiji, find someone selling a good contract.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 07:52 PM
    Trust me man, I switched to wind countless times for the increased data but I always end up back to the big three, its cool being unlimited but when you need it, it doesn't work or its slow and it sucks.

So do yourself a favor, go on kijiji, find someone selling a good contract.

Posted via CB10
    Or look for instructions to get they mythical $48 Koodo 5GB plan.
    10-21-15 07:56 PM
    Or look for instructions to get they mythical $48 Koodo 5GB plan.
    I have 5gb for 45 dollars with unlimited usa text and talk and unlimited canada calling.
    10-21-15 07:59 PM
    I have 5gb for 45 dollars with unlimited usa text and talk and unlimited canada calling.
    I think I would rather pay an extra $3 for reception...
    10-21-15 08:01 PM
    I think I would rather pay an extra $3 for reception...
    I never leave the city, and when I do it;s for family events where phones aren't needed.
    10-21-15 08:02 PM
    WIND works fine in the downtown core of Toronto though where I work my coworker that uses WIND has problems with the signal if the building he is in has thick concrete walls. WIND is also the first and in Toronto only carrier that cut a deal to have a signal work in the subway system.
    10-21-15 08:02 PM
    Buy it off contract. I am.
    Best thing todo i cant wait till the 6th november!!
    10-21-15 08:03 PM
    WIND works fine in the downtown core of Toronto though where I work my coworker that uses WIND has problems with the signal if the building he is in has thick concrete walls. WIND is also the first and in Toronto only carrier that cut a deal to have a signal work in the subway system.
    Reason for that is WIND only has AWS 1700. High frequencies have higher bandwidth but is terrible for medium penetration. Same problem with 2600 MHz LTE.

Can't argue with physics.
    10-21-15 08:06 PM
    I'm using wind in Edmonton. Reception is spotty but 90% of the time I'm happy with. I'm on BlackBerry Passport it says I'm connected on 4g voice/data. I find 4g is plenty fast for streaming youtube videos, mlb at bat audio, nfl2go, ballstreams etc

When you buy a phone directly from BlackBerry I believe it always comes factory unlocked and works with wind

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 08:22 PM
    I think the Priv may come to WIND. It has the required bands according to the shop BB page. They skipped the Passport, but the Classic and the Leap are still being offered. WIND generally has great reception with Blackberry devices. You have to be real careful about what device you bring to WIND, not just because of the bands but the antenna strength also plays a big part in how good your reception will be. My old Bold had solid reception, even in basements. Actually out of the 6 devices I've personally switched between since then, it definitely still holds the crown. I'm very optimistic about the Priv + WIND reception, Blackberry's antenna tech inspires much confidence.
    10-21-15 09:37 PM
    I think the Priv may come to WIND. It has the required bands according to the shop BB page. They skipped the Passport, but the Classic and the Leap are still being offered. WIND generally has great reception with Blackberry devices. You have to be real careful about what device you bring to WIND, not just because of the bands but the antenna strength also plays a big part in how good your reception will be. My old Bold had solid reception, even in basements. Actually out of the 6 devices I've personally switched between since then, it definitely still holds the crown. I'm very optimistic about the Priv + WIND reception, Blackberry's antenna tech inspires much confidence.
    I can attest to this. My dad's Z30 on Wind holds signal better than any device I have used on Wind such as Z10 and various Android Phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:23 AM
    I had wind for 2 months earlier this year. What a mistake, i am in oakville area well within the coverage and would have multiple dropped calls, dropped signal multiple times per day. Extremely slow data speeds maybe 1-2mb on avg with full bars signal. Even when i was in the car or on GO train heading downtown same thing dropped calls, signal etc. Its ******* garbage
    10-22-15 12:23 PM
    I'm in Oshawa and Toronto mostly so the coverage is good.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 02:48 PM
    Am I only the one considering switching to something better other than Wind. The plans may seem good but they are useless since half of the time your phone's and I quote "Wind Away" - Although some say smartphones on Wind have better battery life since they are never used.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 02:58 PM
    Public mobile offers great deals especially if you use their 90 day plans it was bought out by Telus so the signal is great and it's LTE. It's now a sim only provider you bring your own device.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on
    10-22-15 06:18 PM
    Other options off the top of my head:

Zoomer Wireless (Rogers Network)
    Petro Canada Wireless (Rogers Network)
    Speakout 7-11 (Rogers Network)
    10-22-15 07:17 PM
    I am on Wind Mobile in South Surrey BC. I am happy enough. I have their $50 plan that allows unlimited US Roaming and basically unlimited everything. This works for me as I am 2 kilometers from the US border and my phone is on AT&T much of the time. For sure I have my moments when I can't receive anything, but I only briefly contemplate throwing my phone at a wall and then all is normal again.(I live in the Bermuda Triangle of cellphone reception and Rogers and Telus are no better). Can't beat the price and I travel into the States frequently and it is nice not to have to buy Roam Mobility services while there. Wind Mobile is fine for a casual cellphone user who just texts and calls and sends photos, and doesn't have it attached to them like an umbilical cord. I do not walk around texting and walking into light standards. I frequently forget my phone at home and I am better for this I am sure. LOL
    10-22-15 07:52 PM
    in South Surrey BC.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    nick13b likes this.
    10-22-15 08:12 PM
    Don't think the Priv will come to Wind. Too expensive. Wind likes less expensive Android phones.

FYI I've had 3 berries on Wind (Z10 Q5 Z30) and they all run like Swiss watches. I've saved a boatload of money over the last 2.5 years.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:18 PM
    May have to look into public next year when my Rogers contract is up. Rogers gives me great service etc,but with 3 phones and cable it's a killer bill every month. I don't think I would be satisfied with Wind. To many bad story's out there

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:23 PM
58 123