So getting one. Holding out on passport getting slider passport wil be cheaper then then will buy it

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 03:21 PM
    Actually, it's not mature yet. Bb10 is finally close to the other platforms, but they need to be ahead. They can't keep playing catchup

Posted via CB10
    By "mature" I meant reaching a plateau phase while development has significantly slowed down, didn't mean it's perfect. I think lots of BB's resource will be used in moving security, HUB, virtual keyboards to iOS and Android. Those efforts may be exciting for iOS and Android users, but it won't impress us any more. BBM still has lots of room to go but nothing really exciting.
    04-05-15 04:00 PM
    By "mature" I meant reaching a plateau phase while development has significantly slowed down, didn't mean it's perfect. I think lots of BB's resource will be used in moving security, HUB, virtual keyboards to iOS and Android. Those efforts may be exciting for iOS and Android users, but it won't impress us any more. BBM still has lots of room to go but nothing really exciting.
    I know. But BlackBerry's problem atm is that they're not adding much to the os. They keep bringing features to other platforms but nothing is being added to bb10 (ex. 10.3.2 is mainly bug fixes). We need TAT features and ui updates

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 04:11 PM
    That still has me skeptical.. they're moving their primary selling points (security, hub, virtual kb) to iOS and Android..

How do they plan on any defecting customers/retaining the barely-here-customers after they lose that reason to change?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    04-05-15 09:09 PM
    That still has me skeptical.. they're moving their primary selling points (security, hub, virtual kb) to iOS and Android..

How do they plan on any defecting customers/retaining the barely-here-customers after they lose that reason to change?

Don't know for sure.... my guess is: the device division will only be making physical key board device from now on because nobody else knows how. Their software division will expand their business into other platforms by opening up to multiple ecosystem.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-06-15 04:40 PM
    I actually skipped over the Passport and now I'm glad that I did. Can't wait for the slider!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    ayngling likes this.
    04-12-15 03:05 PM
    I don't have a passport, as it was just too expensive here in canada, but if I had to choose one or the other now I think i'd choose the slider, but not for what you'd think.
    The slide is cool and all, but the biggest thing holding me back from the passport (besides the price) was the 3 row keyboard. Not so much because it's only three rows, but because there's no alt button to make symbol typing easier.

However, if I had the money i'd have the passport now, no question, it's a beautiful piece of hardware. But if I had a choice over most other things equal, i'd go for the 4 rows over the 3.

Posted via CB10
    The ALT button is on the screen. The keyboard is a 4 row keyboard, one row is just virtual.
    04-12-15 03:35 PM
    If the specs are better than the passport, I am totally getting one. If you look back on my posts here, I have been waiting for this phone for nearly 3 years. To me this slider could just be the phone that puts bb back into the mainstream since it will theoretically have the best of both worlds. With a touch keyboard with the 4 th row layout you really have a differentiator in the market. If they can keep it within the passport weight, it really could occupy a great place in the market
    ayngling likes this.
    04-13-15 09:11 AM
    If the specs are better than the passport, I am totally getting one. If you look back on my posts here, I have been waiting for this phone for nearly 3 years. To me this slider could just be the phone that puts bb back into the mainstream since it will theoretically have the best of both worlds. With a touch keyboard with the 4 th row layout you really have a differentiator in the market. If they can keep it within the passport weight, it really could occupy a great place in the market
    If the specs is better than Passport, I will most likely upgrade to the slider too.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-13-15 05:58 PM
    If specs are the same or better than the Passport I plan on getting one to compliment it.
    04-14-15 12:12 AM
    I already did: sold my Passport before it loses too much resale value... I'm back on my z30, and racking up PC Plus points to purchase it outright from the Loblaws Mobile Shop when it launches.

The Passport could never be my favourite BlackBerry device... too many compromises... fewer than with the Z30, but if I sold my z30 now I'd only get something like $120 for it, and by the time the slider is available, the Passport will probably be selling for $250 or so... so I make do with the z30 until then (which is like saying "I'll make do with this Jaguar while I'm waiting for my Tesla")

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:30 AM
    Yeah I know I am, but you know the saying " Never say never".

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:35 AM
    Have they confirmed the height being greater than 5"?

I honestly feel like that could be the one major fault if it's just too tall, especially with the extended PKB adding another couple inches :s

It's not official but the rumor is pointing to a 5.1" screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 11:45 AM
    5 in screen seems to be the largest that would make sense for this phone so that it does not get too long when opened. I do hope they try and minimize the borders. The edge screen means that they should minimize the left and right edges. But, it could end up getting too tall too.

We need a good camera as well. Got to be passport quality or better. Hopefully better.
    04-16-15 12:32 PM
    I love my Passport and I will buy the Slider too coz I like the name BlackBerry. I have 3 phone now, Passport, iPhone 4(just for calling, company phone) and OnePlus One as my daily driver. I m yet to change my Passport to my daily driver coz I haven't change the sim card. I am planning to change it this week. Can't wait to see the Slider to launch.

Posted via Adrian's Passport SWQ100-1/10.3.1.1565
    04-30-15 11:43 AM
    I love my Passport but may get a slider as well for a personal backup device for media consumption and games.

Can't beat the square screen and killer keyboard of the Passport for Web browsing and pounding out messages and emails .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    05-01-15 07:01 PM
    I most likely will get it! I've always been a BlackBerry early adoptor!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.798 Rogers Wireless
    06-18-15 11:23 AM
    Love my passport. I'll get a slider just because, well two actually. The Mrs loved her white Torch and is excited for the slider, so one for her and one for me. Passport will be my main decide though

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 01:27 PM
    I hope this device will enable the user to use the slide out keyboard...or a virtual screen keyboard. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Posted via Z10
    06-18-15 03:59 PM
    Sold my Passport too. Trusty Z30 works great. Waiting for him Zzlider!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 09:36 PM
    It has been an interesting read so far with folks rallying around with their views. But I have never envisioned that Slider will support Xdroid or whatever they are going to call it. However it looks eminent that new Berry devices are going to be more Xdroid oriented. Although It is still premature to speculate the full spectrum of Xdroid implementation on slider.
    In last 4 months lot of content has been generated about Xdroid. BB10 future, Passport variants launched and new devices renders flooding crackberry.
    At rumored 5.5 inches the slider; when fully extended is still going to be too tall for my liking and god forbid if it has full blown Google integration as seen in few videos of Passport running Xdroid, I am out.
    Are you willing to give up BB10 on slider? As far am concerned I am going to give Slider a very wide birth if it going to run on Xdroid. If I wanted Xdroid on my phones I would have bought Xdroid phone to begin with nor am rushing to join the rumour mill or write BB10 obituary just as yet. I will wait till I am actually Playbooked.
    08-26-15 05:10 AM
71 123