It's been nearly two weeks we know that 'Slider' will be out sometime in late second half of 2015. Specs are scent and jury has no occasion to be called in yet. There are posts with opinions that largely borders on loud thinking so far. Considering its going to be high end device for 'masses' when it is launched and it might just dethrone the reigning King Passport with marginal processing power, price and so on. Present King will be 1 year older by that time and this 1 year time window in today's spec crazy world is not small, if it is not huge either.
    There are people who will wait out for slider and jump directly from their Z10s or Z30s. BUT how many of present Passport owners will 'defect' over to slider for whatever reasons? Personally I am very happy with my PP for everything it brings to the table. Slider seems 5'' in all but still too tall for my liking, while curved display is unique and I am very sure present Hub will make use of it beautifully. Yet I will not let go of PP just for curved display. BUT WILL YOU defect over to Slide from Passport for any reason(s)?
    Will you Slide over Passport?-slider.jpg
    Icardi101 likes this.
    03-18-15 02:17 PM
    I will likely not. I had a 9900 and wanted a new phone... But I wasn't interested in the passport until I saw my friend's... seeing picture vs the real thing are 2 diff things...

Posted via CB10
    AtInsider likes this.
    03-18-15 02:55 PM
    Passport Slide.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:43 PM
    I think I will probably get a slider. I really do like the Passport but the slider is even more intriguing for me. I do occasionally find myself being annoyed by the wideness. Generally I think it's great but as a smoke, I find it difficult to reply to emails when I'm having a smoke, given I can't use it one handed. The appeal of having the option of a proper keyboard, and a touch keyboard when I'm busy or can't use both hands, seems great.

I'm also interested to see what blackberry is going to do with the curved screens. They are bound to make clever use of that.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:51 PM
    I don't think so because I am very pleased with the square screen and KB of my passport, but I had same thoughts and doubts to replace my Z 30 when Passport first appeared. But when I have seen detailed presentation and photos of the passport I changed my mind completely, so lets see some more details about the new slider........
    kekos likes this.
    03-18-15 03:52 PM
    I think I will probably get a slider. I really do like the Passport but the slider is even more intriguing for me. I do occasionally find myself being annoyed by the wideness. Generally I think it's great but as a smoke, I find it difficult to reply to emails when I'm having a smoke, given I can't use it one handed. The appeal of having the option of a proper keyboard, and a touch keyboard when I'm busy or can't use both hands, seems great.

Well said ! I have same problem, difficult to text when smoke at the same time but I manage it !

I'm also interested to see what blackberry is going to do with the curved screens. They are bound to make clever use of that.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:54 PM
    I love my Passport, but I just can't pass on a new slider like that Damn you BlackBerry! You keep me hooked. I loved the Passport so much, I bought one for my dad and one for the wife. I hope the new slider is just as good.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    03-18-15 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Great Point, the curved screen. John Chen did clearly state the Slider will be quite innovative in hardware but also in software. Wonder how they plan on developing BB10 into utilizing the curved screen. Based on BB10's actual nature of being highly expandable, I can see great things happening to this amazing mobile OS.
    The Slider screen size will most likely be the exact same size as the new Samsung device with similar specs. Samsung and BlackBerry Partnership remember.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-18-15 04:22 PM
    Maybe lol. Depends what it looks and feels like. I do love my passport though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    03-18-15 04:36 PM
    What's the point, unless of course the Slider is delayed massively. By then, I can see Passport owners going with the Slider. But hopefully it comes out in good time, like very early Summer 2015. They need this Slider well before Christmas with a strong Marketing Campaign. This is a Consumer Oriented device that should appease all.
    03-19-15 08:24 AM
    Maybe they could do something like the Astonishing tribe demonstrated on there YouTube channel?

The way that the guy pulls out the screen when in bed is pretty cool.
    I also like there 2D/3D horizon for maps and for contacts.
    Wish they had integrated some more of this back in 2013 release of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 08:59 AM
    I will probably buy one as long as it fits in my back pocket lol... I think my passport will give me some issues during summer

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:39 AM
    It's been nearly two weeks we know that 'Slider' will be out sometime in late second half of 2015. Specs are scent and jury has no occasion to be called in yet. There are posts with opinions that largely borders on loud thinking so far. Considering its going to be high end device for 'masses' when it is launched and it might just dethrone the reigning King Passport with marginal processing power, price and so on. Present King will be 1 year older by that time and this 1 year time window in today's spec crazy world is not small, if it is not huge either.
    There are people who will wait out for slider and jump directly from their Z10s or Z30s. BUT how many of present Passport owners will 'defect' over to slider for whatever reasons? Personally I am very happy with my PP for everything it brings to the table. Slider seems 5'' in all but still too tall for my liking, while curved display is unique and I am very sure present Hub will make use of it beautifully. Yet I will not let go of PP just for curved display. BUT WILL YOU defect over to Slide from Passport for any reason(s)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slider.jpg 
Views:	4014 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	342208
    I'm sold launch it already! The torch was always one of my favourite Blackberry devices and yes I would defect and migrate over to the slider!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-20-15 09:36 AM
    Maybe they could do something like the Astonishing tribe demonstrated on there YouTube channel?

The way that the guy pulls out the screen when in bed is pretty cool.
    I also like there 2D/3D horizon for maps and for contacts.
    Wish they had integrated some more of this back in 2013 release of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    This looks like it belongs in the last season of Parks & Rec.
    03-20-15 10:17 AM
    Like many others here, Passport grew over me from the announcement to the launch. when I saw the real life dummy and handled it, I knew this is what I was looking for and bought as soon as they launched White version I was holding out for. Apart from just a wee bit width issue there isn't anything that I can term as real gripe against Passport.
    For people who have been rocking the Torch, this is godsend. But the tall height and a design that looks even taller over Dell Venue Pro; I'll just keep rocking my Passport for couple years like many loyalists I see here. Long live Passport the reigning King !!!
    03-20-15 04:03 PM
    First one to $300 wins most probably. I prefer the white Torch as of today.
    03-20-15 04:52 PM
    Just all depends if vzw will carry it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 06:23 PM
    The title made me chuckle, he he. I definitely will be one of those taking the plunge for the Slider.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport! It's amazing! But I loved my Torch's (both the BBOS6 and 7 variants), and there is no way I would pass up a chance to get that device + BlackBerry10 OS experience!

Might be a little biased, but it was such a good phone, the only way they could sway me away from it would be if it was if the device were not to the normal BlackBerry build quality that we've become used to!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-20-15 09:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slider.jpg 
Views:	4014 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	342208
    Nice concept, but for people that have a lot of emails or text a lot won't be buying it. Great for people that want a pkb, but don't need the speed.

I can not imagine trying to balance this tall device while typing in a standing position.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:40 AM
    Just all depends if vzw will carry it.

Posted via CB10
    This is where I'm at too. I really like the concept of this slider, but if it doesn't come to Verizon I'm not sure what direction I'll go for my next device. The other carriers just do not have the coverage of Verizon in my area.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z10
    03-22-15 12:29 PM
    Nice concept, but for people that have a lot of emails or text a lot won't be buying it. Great for people that want a pkb, but don't need the speed.

I can not imagine trying to balance this tall device while typing in a standing position.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ever try the Torch? It was amazing to say the least.

I wouldn't be so quick to be judgmental about a phone that is based off a really good predecessor!

BionicKris and ayngling like this.
    03-22-15 03:35 PM
    I dont think this device will lack the tech spec punch but the tall design with keyboard makes it even taller and very odd handling. I sometime struggle with Passport which is slightly top heavy and looking at my z3 with 5'' + a pkb makes it too tall for me. I cant imagine how its going to pan out typing on a flat stick.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-23-15 05:07 PM
    I dont think this device will lack the tech spec punch but the tall design with keyboard makes it even taller and very odd handling. I sometime struggle with Passport which is slightly top heavy and looking at my z3 with 5'' + a pkb makes it too tall for me. I cant imagine how its going to pan out typing on a flat stick.
    Have they confirmed the height being greater than 5"?

I honestly feel like that could be the one major fault if it's just too tall, especially with the extended PKB adding another couple inches :s

03-23-15 05:26 PM
    Balance should be fine- an Oled screen weighs nothing and they have a good amount under the keyboard that is used as leverage- I could hold my pre3 (because of the under keyboard space) better than my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    torco3 and ayngling like this.
    03-23-15 06:10 PM
    I don't have a passport, as it was just too expensive here in canada, but if I had to choose one or the other now I think i'd choose the slider, but not for what you'd think.
    The slide is cool and all, but the biggest thing holding me back from the passport (besides the price) was the 3 row keyboard. Not so much because it's only three rows, but because there's no alt button to make symbol typing easier.

However, if I had the money i'd have the passport now, no question, it's a beautiful piece of hardware. But if I had a choice over most other things equal, i'd go for the 4 rows over the 3.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:11 PM
71 123