Or even worse: is the Vanish the beginning of a BB10-less Android era?

Passport 10.3.2.798
    08-20-15 06:09 PM
    Maybe, but yes, it looks like Android is the way of the future for BlackBerry phones.
    08-20-15 06:34 PM
    Maybe, but yes, it looks like Android is the way of the future for BlackBerry phones.
    That means there really won't be BlackBerry phones. Instead BlackBerry will manufacturer phones for Google's Android platform like LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, Huwai, Asus, Motorola, and so many others do. Some of those companies will pull out because of razor thin margins. The platform is where the money is and the only real winner is Google... and potentially consumers.

I'm hoping that BB10 isn't dead. There's a chance that BlackBerry will continue to build a platform with distributed computing and Blendy awesomeness... but, that they need to time the future better and build something shockingly better in a year or two. Who knows? These Android phones may keep people brand-loyal to BlackBerry while the company prepares BB11 or whatever. On the other hand, it may just transfer BlackBerry customers to Google's platform. And, you can already get more phone for less money with a OnePlus 2 or maybe Moto X Style Pure...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:31 PM
    There will continue to be BlackBerry phones. BB10 phones are not the same as BB7 phones, and BB Android phones won't be the same as BB10 phones, but they are all BlackBerry phones. Cell phone technology, hardware, and software has always been changing and will continue to change.
    08-21-15 03:39 PM
    That means there really won't be BlackBerry phones. Instead BlackBerry will manufacturer phones for Google's Android platform like LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, Huwai, Asus, Motorola, and so many others do. Some of those companies will pull out because of razor thin margins. The platform is where the money is and the only real winner is Google... and potentially consumers.

I'm hoping that BB10 isn't dead. There's a chance that BlackBerry will continue to build a platform with distributed computing and Blendy awesomeness... but, that they need to time the future better and build something shockingly better in a year or two. Who knows? These Android phones may keep people brand-loyal to BlackBerry while the company prepares BB11 or whatever. On the other hand, it may just transfer BlackBerry customers to Google's platform. And, you can already get more phone for less money with a OnePlus 2 or maybe Moto X Style Pure...

Posted via CB10
    Google is Genisys.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-22-15 06:13 AM
    I can't see BlackBerry ditching BlackBerry 10. Too much $$$ in government and business contracts that BlackBerry would lose. We all know that BlackBerry 10 is the most secure OS in the world.

What I'd like to see going forward starting with the Slider is BlackBerry releasing phone(s) for Android and BlackBerry 10. That way they please everyone and give people real choice.

I have a 'feeling' that it just might happen with the upcoming slider. I hope I'm right.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:12 AM
    I can't see BlackBerry ditching BlackBerry 10. Too much $$$ in government and business contracts that BlackBerry would lose. We all know that BlackBerry 10 is the most secure OS in the world.

What I'd like to see going forward starting with the Slider is BlackBerry releasing phone(s) for Android and BlackBerry 10. That way they please everyone and give people real choice.

I have a 'feeling' that it just might happen with the upcoming slider. I hope I'm right.

Posted via CB10
    I thought BB7 is the most secured.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:52 AM