Unfortunately i don't think so... That's one of the reasons Blackberry is now always behind other brands like Apple, HTC, Samsung, etc... When you buy their device you know that there will be a physicall update next year... So you can buy one and resell yours before the next device is out... I finally bought a priv (instead of Galaxy S7 Edge) because i like PKB but there's a lot of improvements that should come with a Priv2 and probably will never occur (imo fingerprint reader, removable battery or better built with premium materials, glass, steel, solid back, etc)...
    I share this sentiment. Well, I have no interest in the fingerprint reader, but I'd love a better-built v2. Better materials, less flimsy, doesn't heat up so much, and maybe a touch smaller or at least slightly different ergonomics. When I hold it I can't shake the feeling that it was built upside down. An aluminum body or even just closer to the original Torch materials, would look slick and make it feel a lot nicer in the hand. Alas, I treat my Priv v1 like it will be the only one, because with the exception of the Bold and maybe the Curve they don't have much of a track record for updating models, and absolutely zero track record in the BB10 era. It's too bad, pretty much every other phone company understands the value of brand recognition for customer retention. Think about car companies... every year, there's a new Civic and a new Accord. You could buy those cars for the past 30 years. You know approximately what you're getting, and you know it will be slightly evolved and refined with each passing year. Now, imagine if a car company only built its models for a single year. New models landing on the market for a single year. You would barely even finish researching it and figuring out what it is before it disappears, then you have to start over again. Imagine the confusion in the marketplace, and what it appears to say about the company's confidence in its product.... it wasn't good enough, so we're starting from scratch. It's the corporate equivalent of throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what will stick.
    05-01-16 06:53 AM
    There will be a Priv 2. Also, this "android" phone as you call it is the best android experience I've had. I've tried them all. Having BlackBerry functionality in a pure android environment is really cool. Plus the phone rocks a great gorgeous screen, PKB, VKB, great camera, great solid hardware overall. The phone experience is fun again. We also don't have to wait months and months for updates.
    There will be no more privs. And I'd say it is anything but solid. The clicky screen and creaky back that's depressible don't say solid to me. The other things you mentioned are some nice things about the priv but unfortunately so few were sold that making a new model would be suicide for bb.

They may crank out a couple more lower end devices and when those don't sell, shut 'er down. I hope I'm wrong and the new guy they hired actually makes a marketing push but it's likely too little too late.
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-01-16 06:57 AM
    There will be no more privs. And I'd say it is anything but solid. The clicky screen and creaky back that's depressible don't say solid to me. The other things you mentioned are some nice things about the priv but unfortunately so few were sold that making a new model would be suicide for bb.

They may crank out a couple more lower end devices and when those don't sell, shut 'er down. I hope I'm wrong and the new guy they hired actually makes a marketing push but it's likely too little too late.
    I agree a hundred percent with you. The handset division is on its last legs.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 09:34 AM
    This one:

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...-rome-hamburg/

"As for the Rome, it's a device I've actually had the pleasure of seeing in person on a few occasions here in Waterloo. Again, a device we saw first leaked by CrackBerry months ago, known then as the BlackBerry Vienna."

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 09:39 AM
    Sorry, but i don't understand exactly why buying a Blackberry phone if it's only a full touch with Android os... Why not go on a samsung, htc or else?
    People are not buying BlackBerry at all simply because it's not an all touch phone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    05-01-16 09:50 AM
    The comment was made, � I don't care about security �. That in and of itself is the norm and alarming. The fact that people won't even try anymore to keep the government and thieves out of their business is just sad. You SHOULD care. We all should. The I have nothing to hide mentality is beside the point. With that said, I don't know how secure android is regarded of wwho makes the hardware. BlackBerry sold me with bb10 but I do like my priv and I agree it's the best android experience I've ever had

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-01-16 10:23 AM
    The Priv is one of the few android devices that can be remotely considered secure. Samsung devices are not. I do not trust the google devices beyond the nexus 6 due to their manufacturer.
    05-01-16 11:20 AM
    The comment was made, � I don't care about security �. That in and of itself is the norm and alarming. The fact that people won't even try anymore to keep the government and thieves out of their business is just sad. You SHOULD care. We all should. The I have nothing to hide mentality is beside the point. With that said, I don't know how secure android is regarded of wwho makes the hardware. BlackBerry sold me with bb10 but I do like my priv and I agree it's the best android experience I've ever had

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Well, let me explain my opinion... I said that i don't care about security because i'm an average french consumer without importance... i'm not a businessman, i don't work for secret services, i'm not a star with hot pics in my phone, so why SHOULD i care about security? I'm maybe wrong but i think that a fingerprint reader is enough, if my phone is stollen the thieves won't be able to open my phone (unless they get my fingerprint, but it's not so easy) and it's ok... It seems that it's not so simple, even for the fbi, to crack a locked iphone, so where's the problem? I understand that for non-average consumer a more advanced security level is required but not for everyday people, IMO...

That being said i find the blackberry priv a very good device (coming from iphone 6 an note 4) and i just regret that bb is not more average consumer friendly...
    05-02-16 06:35 PM
    I share this sentiment. Well, I have no interest in the fingerprint reader, but I'd love a better-built v2. Better materials, less flimsy, doesn't heat up so much, and maybe a touch smaller or at least slightly different ergonomics. When I hold it I can't shake the feeling that it was built upside down. An aluminum body or even just closer to the original Torch materials, would look slick and make it feel a lot nicer in the hand. Alas, I treat my Priv v1 like it will be the only one, because with the exception of the Bold and maybe the Curve they don't have much of a track record for updating models, and absolutely zero track record in the BB10 era. It's too bad, pretty much every other phone company understands the value of brand recognition for customer retention. Think about car companies... every year, there's a new Civic and a new Accord. You could buy those cars for the past 30 years. You know approximately what you're getting, and you know it will be slightly evolved and refined with each passing year. Now, imagine if a car company only built its models for a single year. New models landing on the market for a single year. You would barely even finish researching it and figuring out what it is before it disappears, then you have to start over again. Imagine the confusion in the marketplace, and what it appears to say about the company's confidence in its product.... it wasn't good enough, so we're starting from scratch. It's the corporate equivalent of throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what will stick.
    Totally agree. Every major smartphone brand has got a flagship device, and they are all improved through years... So when the consumer is accustomed with the first one, he is interested in buying the number 2, 3, etc... And knowing that there WILL be yearly improvements is also a good reason to buy one... The collapse of bb has something to do with that, according to me, a lot of different and single smartphones is definitely not a good strategy... Now it's maybe too late. A priv 2 would be good for priv owners but there is not enough ones, so it's very unlikely... BB will probably release in the near future two entirely new devices without offsprings... and it will unfortunately be the very end, at least for the hardware part of the brand...

"It's the corporate equivalent of throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what will stick. " => LoL
    05-02-16 06:55 PM
34 12