Does anybody know if the slider will have a trackpad?

If it doesn't then I'm OUT!!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 05:13 AM
    It probably wont. But if we are lucky, it may come with a touch enabled keyboard like the passport ...
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-14-15 05:19 AM
    It would be awesome if it will have touch enabled keyboard..

Posted via BlackBerry Z10  
    08-14-15 06:10 AM

I heard so, using the same technology as passport keyboard

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-14-15 06:19 AM
    If it has a touch enabled keyboard blackberry really needs to have a commercial to highlight this. This is the kind of gimmick people fall for. When I show non BlackBerry users the touch enabled keyboard on my Passport they are wowed by it. No one knows that the Passport has this technology. It's completely unknown to people but it's a pretty neat little innovation. I can't believe blackberry hasn't done anything to capitalize on it.

Posted via CB10
    midnightdoom likes this.
    08-14-15 06:27 AM
    I think the track pad on the Classic is the best way to move the cursor for editing text. I am not sure how that works on the Passport.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-14-15 09:59 AM
    Then will it only have only 3 rows of keys?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    08-14-15 10:12 AM
    I think the track pad on the Classic is the best way to move the cursor for editing text. I am not sure how that works on the Passport.
    Work the same with the keypad.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:09 PM
    The trackpad is next to useless for BlackBerry 10. It's astonishing how people can't come to terms that you don't need it and it doesn't help do anything more quickly than just tapping the screen.
    Fidel Mercado and tufcustomer like this.
    08-14-15 01:14 PM
    The trackpad is next to useless for BlackBerry 10. It's astonishing how people can't come to terms that you don't need it and it doesn't help do anything more quickly than just tapping the screen.
    Do you have a Classic and use it with the trackpad removed. How do you know Classic users don't need it or why is there a Classic.

I'd seen people posting in this forum that don't even need to look at the virtual keyboard when they type, not only that they also claimed the people they know don't look at the keypad either. Even more astonishing are those that use BB10 devices as alarm clocks and wonder why people still use bedside alarm clocks.
    08-14-15 01:22 PM
    @rohetaku
    Sounds like you want a Blackberry Classic for that purpose.
    08-14-15 01:39 PM
    Yeah but I'd love a full tough with a keyboard and a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-14-15 08:18 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:59 AM

And better bb10 or minimum dual boot capabilities.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    08-15-15 09:53 AM
    I heard so, using the same technology as passport keyboard

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    That would be awesome!

08-15-15 10:02 AM
    Do you have a Classic and use it with the trackpad removed. How do you know Classic users don't need it or why is there a Classic.

I'd seen people posting in this forum that don't even need to look at the virtual keyboard when they type, not only that they also claimed the people they know don't look at the keypad either. Even more astonishing are those that use BB10 devices as alarm clocks and wonder why people still use bedside alarm clocks.
    I've used the classic on a few occasions. The trackpad is not an added value. It's cool to have, more like a gimmick I'd say. But there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do faster on the touch screen. That's the whole BlackBerry 10 OS, gestures for super fast touch screen control.

The trackpad is back because people who cannot adapt asked for it.
    08-15-15 10:48 AM
    It would be more awesome if the Venice came loaded with bb10, that way the money I'd spent on native apps hadn't been thrown down the toilet lol.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-15-15 12:01 PM
    I've used the classic on a few occasions. The trackpad is not an added value. It's cool to have, more like a gimmick I'd say. But there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do faster on the touch screen. That's the whole BlackBerry 10 OS, gestures for super fast touch screen control.

The trackpad is back because people who cannot adapt asked for it.
    The trackpad was Blackberry's mistake, they brought it back thinking it will help sales. Too late, corporate users and alienated users have moved on Android and iPhones for full touch screen. Blackberry is way behind.
    08-15-15 12:50 PM
    But there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do faster on the touch screen. That's the whole BlackBerry 10 OS, gestures for super fast touch screen control.
    IMHO there is no comparison when it comes to selecting the tiny text for correction or copy. The trackpad is way better.
    nah.uhh and NickMcBride like this.
    08-17-15 11:15 AM
    But there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do faster on the touch screen. That's the whole BlackBerry 10 OS, gestures for super fast touch screen control.
    IMHO there is no comparison when it comes to selecting the tiny text for correction or copy. The trackpad is way better.
    Forget the hype, you can't take that seriously. Nothing beats the trackpad. Just like you can't when others tell you they can type without looking at the virtual keyboard.
    08-17-15 11:51 AM
    The trackpad was Blackberry's mistake, they brought it back thinking it will help sales. Too late, corporate users and alienated users have moved on Android and iPhones for full touch screen. Blackberry is way behind.
    I think there are a number of people here that find the "tool belt" very valuable... along with the trackpad portion of it. That said, based on the sales of the Classic, I wouldn't get your hopes up on seeing it ever again.

No of the so far released images indicate their will be a trackpad, and it is rumored that the keyboard will be touch sensitive like the Passport. But until we get some kinda official announcement.... who know what the SLIDER will or will not have. Things can change it the see a need.
    08-17-15 01:55 PM
    I don't know about that. I love my Z30 and I still use my old torch. I find using the track pad for certain documents being faster. And not blocking the screen to begin with. Or going between certain words to edit things is a little faster too. There's pros and cons to everything.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:01 PM
    Then will it only have only 3 rows of keys?
    Rumour has it the physical keyboard is touch enabled like Passport's, but is the more standard 4 rows. Hopefully we'll know more next month.
    08-27-15 08:24 PM
    Rumour has it the physical keyboard is touch enabled like Passport's, but is the more standard 4 rows. Hopefully we'll know more next month.
    Yea i really don't see why some was whining about the PP 3 row keys. When u have a full virtual touch keyboard available gosh.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    08-27-15 08:50 PM
    If PP does not have a touch enabled KB then a trackpad is usable.

Via the Crimson Passport
    08-27-15 09:18 PM
37 12