One thing I really miss on the Priv is the BB10 capability to encrypt the media card. It always bothers me that everything on my SD card is accessible to anyone if I should lose my Priv by simply taking it out and popping it into a PC.

Is there a way to encrypt the card or will this feature be coming to Marshmallow?
    01-08-16 07:01 AM
    Last I recall, encrypting the External SD Card options are under Settings -> Security. However the Encrypt External SD Card options are either greyed out or don't appear unless you have your security unlock method set to Password. However I'm shooting from memory here as I'm currently sporting a device without an external sd card, so the options don't even exist for me to double check.
    01-08-16 07:24 AM
    It think it'll come with Android M and it's adoptabe storage function.
    01-08-16 08:28 AM
    Last I recall, encrypting the External SD Card options are under Settings -> Security. However the Encrypt External SD Card options are either greyed out or don't appear unless you have your security unlock method set to Password. However I'm shooting from memory here as I'm currently sporting a device without an external sd card, so the options don't even exist for me to double check.
    Try your suggestion on my priv ,enabling password but still the option to encrypted memory card doesn't appear
    01-08-16 08:41 AM
    Yeah, the option doesn't exist on the Priv, even with a password.
    01-08-16 08:54 AM
    It think it'll come with Android M and it's adoptabe storage function.
    Thats correct. Once PRIV gets Marshmallow you'll be able to use Adoptable Storage. When you insert your card you'll get the option to enable Adoptable Storage which will wipe your card and mount it as a 128-bit AES encrypted EXT4 drive.
    Matt J likes this.
    01-08-16 09:45 AM