It might be....depends on price.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 06:47 PM
    Anyone hoping for a classic with android? ( but that has a hub and so on)

Love to always have the keyboard there when i need it, and love the old school feel

A classic with android and hub would be the ultimate phone

Posted via CB10
    Do you think there's a market for one? Given the small screen that's gotta be one super niche community.

If so, that's fantastic as hopefully that means a Passport version is inevitable. =)
    10-19-15 06:50 PM
    The z30 has outstanding battery, speakers and just works smooth. It runs android apps( the few that I have) better than my z10 did. The paratek antenna gives me better reception than any android smartphone I ever had and that includes Motorola. The hub and keyboard of course are on all bb10 but it's still a part of why I love it. No passport since I'm on vzw.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 (or BB10) has a native Map that does not get updated. Newly built roads are not on it. Rendering it useless compared to Google maps. Native Airline apps no longer work and the Android apps available won't work cause it wants G-Play service. Therefore I can't generate the barcode boarding pass. The amoled sscreen on the Z30 is absolutely useless when sun is out. Again rendering the device useless. Should we even get into the Facebook app? Or Uber? Yes, I know, use the websites, soon to be the tombstone imprint of Blackberry.

Oh.... did I forget about the extremely lousy camera? Jiminy Freakin' Christmas! The only reason I haven't smashed this Z30 with a hammer is because the Nexus 6P is sold out right now.

Seriously, why should I even support the Priv when BB has screwed buyers with this Z30.
    10-19-15 10:04 PM
    Sadly it may be my second.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:08 PM
    Do you think there's a market for one? Given the small screen that's gotta be one super niche community.

If so, that's fantastic as hopefully that means a Passport version is inevitable. =)
    Yeah I know you might be right. But I really like for form of the classic, and it would be nice to beable to keep haveing a classic but with 2015/16 specs

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-20-15 02:30 AM
    Since the HTC Hero 2009 I had about 20 devices. Then I switched to the Q10 and Classic. Happy to get back to Android as I have about 50 purchased apps waiting to be installed ^^

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 02:32 AM
    Haha. I've never owned an Android phone before but i basically had all the iPhones from 3G thru to 6 (except the 6s now because im not sure if i really need it). Good thing about iPhones are they get the best resale value ever. Take a look at eBay, people would buy even buy faulty iPhones. My Blackberry Z10 used mainly for work tho, i've got 4 work emails and the hub works best for all that type of stuff

Sent from my iPhone via TapaTalk
    Got my iPhone 6s for the apps that I�ve been holding for. I�ve realized that BlackBerry couldn�t bridge the work & play environment (as how they�d like to call it, �the App gap�) when Chen promised only some minor updates for BB10. In the end, BB10 will always be oriented for work (security, security security)and the best platform to migrate for leisure stuffs is iOS.
    The Priv doesn�t bridge anything, but survival of BlackBerry. I�ve reserved my laughs for those who are willing to be the guinea pig of this Android device. After all, an Android will be an Android. And an Android experience without google services can�t be called a 100% Android experience. That includes data mining and other viable information of sort for the companies who need them. That is the Privilege of Google. Of course, plus those consequential lags, because Android never deletes your deleted data (unless you are willing to do some work around). And did I mentioned about the fluidity of navigation inside the OS? If clicks & scroll will be all there is, then iOS will be the best option for me.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    10-20-15 09:00 AM
    Yes!

#PrivBruv
    10-20-15 09:37 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:14 AM
    Yes, it will be my first Android experience. I hope the BlackBerry survives. I have been on BlackBerry phones since the Pearl.

Pearl-8800-8810-8820-Torch-Z10-Z30-Passport--Priv

Posted with my Awesome unlocked Passport on AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339
    10-20-15 10:22 AM
    It is for me. I have used BlackBerry exclusively since 2007, before that it was a Sony feature phone. I will still be using bb10 though as my work phone is a classic, but for the first time ever I will be using an Android as my personal. (I'm scared )

Posted via CB10
    No

But not because I used android before. It's because I won't get the priv.

CB10 on BlackBerry  Passport 10.3.2
    jope28 and anon(9169048) like this.
    10-20-15 11:07 AM
    Yes.. and my first BB. I was one of the few to get and use the Dell Venue Pro in WP7 form, and the old Dash Windows Mobile phones. Been a WP user since 2005. I am done with MS.. the 950XL not in the US, and the 950 only at AT&T was the final straw. I am with Tmobile and have no want or need to change carriers.. and if I did it would be for Verizons coverage and definitely not for AT&T.
    10-20-15 11:53 AM
    No, and it won't be my next one either. I honestly don't like Android as an OS, so as much as I love the look of the hardware I'll be skipping the Priv unfortunately.
    jope28 likes this.
    10-20-15 02:30 PM
    Second after a small switch from Storm 2 to Motorola Droid 1 for a few months.
    10-20-15 02:41 PM
    Yes, but I'm going to have to scrape together some pennies and a few paychecks to get it. Looking forward to seeing its release and the reactions from the initial buyers.
    10-20-15 07:36 PM
    My first Android was the G2 from T-Mobile. Then I accidentally dropped it in water. It was a good phone. Then I got the MyTouch 4G Slide. I got the one with the slide out keyboard. Even back then I still wanted the physical keyboard as opposed to typing on glass. After that phone I got the Bold 9900. The Bold just made me feel more professional and businesslike.

It's going to be interesting if (when) I get the Priv. After all the BlackBerry phones I've bought with BBOS10 I have gotten so used to this OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:52 PM
    No, it won't be. Why? Simple answer: I won't buy the Priv.

There are a number of reasons. The top three are;

1. Form factor and usability cannot beat the one handed, pocket friendly nature of the Q

2. Android and Google and all the intrusions and sniffing and aggregating my meta data without paying me or providing benefit.

3. My disappointment in BB. Not because they went to Android, but because I don't think they, albeit the jury is still out, have done anything overly unique or have really changed the Android/Google paradigm from what I have read to date. Yes, the phone is slightly, perhaps more secure, but really only in the sense, as I understand it, that it tells you when someone is sniffing: doesn't stop or repel.

As I recently just bought another watch, BB and Android made me think of Rolex and its famous, or according some infamous, quartz. However, Rolex was at the cutting edge of technology and assisting Seiko to create a revolutionary new product. HOWEVER, Rolex never lost sight of its history, DNA and vision. And lest people forget, the seismic shifts introduced by quartz are equivalent to the iPhone attacking the established smart phone companies. Rolex is around today because of its commitment to its product, its vision and its sheer bloody minded attitude: not because it flip flopped and wandered from idea to idea.

I expect the same from a company, once visionary and innovative, such as BB.
    Drew Oswalt likes this.
    10-20-15 08:20 PM
    Hi,

No, this will not be my first Android.
    No, this will also not be my last.

I would actually never buy an Android again.
    If they put BB10 on it I'll consider.

But I still like my Z30, it does everything I need.
    So, no hurry...

10-20-15 08:29 PM
    No, owned an S6 for 3 months! I just turned it on, charged it, turned it off. Turned it on, loaded CB10 on it, tried out Crackberry, shut it off! Sold it locally! That was my whole android experience. If Telus wants to give me a BlackBerry android phone, I will gladly accept and then I will most likely do the exact same thing only I will sell it much sooner before all the hype dies this time!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-20-15 08:44 PM
    I have a Classic for work and an Android for personal.

I stopped using my Android. The OS was too clunky and had me all frustrated. I just want a BB10 with a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 09:14 PM
    Not anymore. Ordered a used Nexus 5 from Tmobile for work. Couldn't wait for the Priv.

Passport/Z30-5/Z10-3 using the newest available BB10 OS
    10-20-15 09:42 PM
    Just waiting for the Priv so they possibly price drop the Classic!

10-20-15 10:24 PM
    Nope I got the Samsung Note 4. Honestly I love it for my house hold appliances. But I wouldn't dare use it for work, a keyboard is a must and I'm loving the Silver Passport for that!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:30 PM
    No, because I will buy only if BB10 can be loaded and this is highly unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on that one.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:04 PM
    3rd....... note 1 and 2

Beproud
    10-20-15 11:09 PM
85 1234