I wonder how many of the users jumping ship from BB10 to the Priv were ready to go Android even if BlackBerry wasn't releasing the Priv.

I'm guessing that the current Android users will love the Priv because it seems to be a form factor that some users will be receptive towards.

Am just intrigued and anxious to see how it does with those of us that find BB10 to be awesome and aren't fans of using anything Google. But we are a small group and BlackBerry doesn't need us anyway.

Am hoping the Priv is a hit and gets a slice of that HUGE Android user base.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    WanShark69 and sirius27 like this.
    10-19-15 12:43 PM
    NO....

If I go Android.. it'll most likely be a NEXUS devices as that is really the only way to guarantee updates.
    Chen has already confirmed Priv will get Marshmallow

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 12:49 PM
    I have been using for a few months a NOTE II, still using a Samsung tablet.
    Nothing wrong for me with Android but I am preferring the BlackBerry mainly because of the hub and the keyboard, both PKB and VKB are second to no one.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-15 12:59 PM
    Chen has already confirmed Priv will get Marshmallow

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but when will it get it? That is the best thing about Nexus phones, you get the updates first as soon as Google releases them. You also get the early builds very easily.

Hopefully BB has a deal with carriers allowing them to make timely updates to Priv. That really is important from a security perspective.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and jope28 like this.
    10-19-15 12:59 PM
    No; I've had a gaggle of Android devices, and currently still have an Android tablet.
    10-19-15 01:31 PM
    No, because I will buy only if BB10 can be loaded and this is highly unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:42 PM
    Maybe..
    I've been using iPhone up untill 3 days ago when I decided to give the classic a real try (did 6 months ago but gave up) but now, after only 3 days, I'm inlove

Relized that I don't really need all the apps that I used on the iPhone. So ill never leave the classic.

But I might get the priv to have as a private phone, mustly then for netflix and stuff when I don't have my iPad.
    Reallt looking forward on seeing some reviews on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:48 PM
    It is for me. I have used BlackBerry exclusively since 2007, before that it was a Sony feature phone. I will still be using bb10 though as my work phone is a classic, but for the first time ever I will be using an Android as my personal. (I'm scared )

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to do the same as you but have used Android before. Don't be nervous, just take the time to customise the faeces out of it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    10-19-15 01:50 PM
    I wonder how many of the users jumping ship from BB10 to the Priv were ready to go Android even if BlackBerry wasn't releasing the Priv.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    *Raises hand* Really though, out of necessity. I should probably be getting an iPhone given how ubiquitous iOS is in health care, but I can't stand the Apple ecosystem. Would have enjoyed trying Windows Phone 10 too but same app issue there.

But the Priv solves all of my problems and it's still BlackBerry, so win-win!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:54 PM
    Until I tried bb10, android was all I'd had. I much prefer bb10. I'll ride with my z30 for awhile and see how the Priv does, if vzw carries it, and how much it costs. My z30 is the best phone I've ever owned, so I'm in no hurry to replace it. It still works just great.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-19-15 01:56 PM
    It is for me. I have used BlackBerry exclusively since 2007, before that it was a Sony feature phone. I will still be using bb10 though as my work phone is a classic, but for the first time ever I will be using an Android as my personal. (I'm scared )

Posted via CB10
    I am in the same boat, I came from Sony feature phones to BB Pearl back in the day.
    10-19-15 04:25 PM
    Until I tried bb10, android was all I'd had. I much prefer bb10. I'll ride with my z30 for awhile and see how the Priv does, if vzw carries it, and how much it costs. My z30 is the best phone I've ever owned, so I'm in no hurry to replace it. It still works just great.

Posted via CB10
    What makes the Z30 such a beast? Have you tried the Passport?
    extisis likes this.
    10-19-15 04:26 PM
    First android phone for me was nexus 5 , got sick of it after a day and give it to the gf .

This will be my 2nd and definitely the hub is whats going to keep me on it.
    10-19-15 04:32 PM
    Yes.

I clicked this on my Passport.
    10-19-15 04:43 PM
    I've had so many Android phones, it's like a love hate relationship I have with it. I love using it for a month then it quickly wears out and back to my BB10 phone. I've used all the top Droids and even rooted some for a different flavor and fun but end up going back to BB after a short while. I am hoping the Priv will be different(but not expecting it to). Wish is was loaded with BB10(but that's another thread, lol)

I think that most BB10 long term users trying Android for the first time, will have a honeymoon phase with all the apps. Once that wears off, the core productivity and speed of BB10 really shines(for me) and bring me back to BB.

Hoping the Priv brings the best of Android and BB together.
    10-19-15 05:01 PM
    What makes the Z30 such a beast? Have you tried the Passport?
    The z30 has outstanding battery, speakers and just works smooth. It runs android apps( the few that I have) better than my z10 did. The paratek antenna gives me better reception than any android smartphone I ever had and that includes Motorola. The hub and keyboard of course are on all bb10 but it's still a part of why I love it. No passport since I'm on vzw.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-19-15 05:08 PM
    Nope, Just excited.
    Waiting for a price drop on RED Passport.

Q10 \m/
    jope28 likes this.
    10-19-15 05:12 PM
    I have a Passport right now, going to get the privy when its out so yes it will be my first Android phone.
    10-19-15 05:14 PM
    Nope. If I get the Priv it will be my 4th Android and 3rd flagship. When I say I don't like Android I speak from experience, not to express loyalty or jump not any bandwagon.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:28 PM
    I had the S4 for 8 days and send it back.
    So, if the priv isn't overpriced (= >EUR 700) then I would pull the trigger for a second time.
    10-19-15 05:31 PM
    No, have owned several Android phones and tablets. But very intrigued to see how the PKB / BlackBerry / Android mashup works. Still in love with my Passport form factor though so won't be pulling the trigger right away, especially if the rumoured price is accurate.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:43 PM
    No, for two very good reasons:
    1. I've already had the unfortunate experience of owning an Android phone.
    2. I won't be buying the Priv (see 1.).
    JeepBB and extisis like this.
    10-19-15 05:56 PM
    Anyone hoping for a classic with android? ( but that has a hub and so on)

Love to always have the keyboard there when i need it, and love the old school feel

A classic with android and hub would be the ultimate phone

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 06:07 PM
    Yup will be my first

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 06:10 PM
    I think the Priv has a lot going for it. An attractive form, a unique hardware asset (the keyboard), and a proven operating system that has an actual ecosystem backing it up in Android. This is the first BlackBerry that could have broad appeal that stretches far beyond just dedicated BlackBerry users. I will not be picking one up, but I do hope that those of you that do aren't disappointed and that this phone is really a new door to success for BlackBerry.
    10-19-15 06:13 PM
85 1234