We all know BB10 was never marketed well, but could the Priv with Android help put BlackBerry back on the map and sway more users to try BB10?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:43 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:47 PM
    I don't think so. I've been using android for years and it was the passport that had be interested in bb10..that and being able to side load android apps.

At the end of the day I was too reliant on androids customizations, widgets, and Google services to justify sticking with the passport.

But hey you never know.
    11-05-15 10:48 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:54 PM
    I doubt it but it might change people's perception of it when they see the great bb10 features on android.

I wish bb would open source it so it could live on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 10:55 PM
    Double edged sword, if its successful more android phones, if it flops no more devices at all.
    11-05-15 11:00 PM
    Personally I think this will ensure the loss of a lot of loyal Blackberry users. If I wanted an Android I would have bought a Samsung. I am actually very sad that this phone is coming to market.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:03 PM
    No, I truly hope not. BB10 is intuitive and cool but with the amount of rough edges and the hoops you have to jump through to make some things work 'somewhat' will turn the average user away. This is the best combo. Let Google handle the OS and BlackBerry handle the security skin overlay. The android environment is not reliable and I wouldn't trust it for my main apps that require stability and reliable connectivity.

I wish they built the BlackBerry OS 10 on top of android platform from the get go in order to eliminate the app constraints and work directly on the interface that BlackBerry 10 is known for. But that's not the route they took and the rest is history. Let's see what they do with the Priv. I think the have one last chance with this device to win the consumer that they are "not" after.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 11:14 PM
    Meant to say the BlackBerry OS 10 environment is unreliable, not android (although I get issues with androind all the time but on a much more predictable scale)

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:18 PM
    We all know BB10 was never marketed well, but could the Priv with Android help put BlackBerry back on the map and sway more users to try BB10?

Posted via CB10
    To BB? Not a chance, its a dead OS in terms of major future support. Its silly and completely unreasonable to think otherwise. Why else did they go to android with a new flagship phone? It'd be kinda pointless to be like hey lets make an android phone, oh by the way folks try bb10 - come on now.
    11-05-15 11:19 PM
    To BB? Not a chance, its a dead OS in terms of major future support. Its silly and completely unreasonable to think otherwise. Why else did they go to android with a new flagship phone? It'd be kinda pointless to be like hey lets make an android phone, oh by the way folks try bb10 - come on now.
    I see it differently. I am happy with BB10 and wouldnt go back to android, but would buy THIS one if the money didnt matter, just to see how it works and how BlackBerry security works on it.

Anyway, I believe people will wake up and realize BlackBerry still does make kick @$$ phones and will want to take a look at what BlackBerry 10 is all about. The app issue will be a problem for some people, but its still good advertising for the brand, having an android phone that is familiar, i am sure it will draw interest to BB 10 for some people.

Going android is really what they had to do at this point. I do not see it as an abandonment of BlackBerry 10. This all will depend on whether BlackBerry 10 is abandoned by consumers! Chen has clearly stated this decision has not been made.

I would sure like to see them go back into production with the Z30, the phone most recommended around here.

BB10 is still better than ANY android OS. I left android for BlackBerry out of total disgust with android. I am convinced others would do the same, if only the devices were available in stores with a WORKING display model for hands-on checking it out, which was not the case for me, i had to just jump blindly and it was good.
    11-11-15 09:22 AM
    No, most android users only know ios exists, and vice versa. Nothing against those people... Unfortunately most of the population is very uninformed. Most people can't point out another country on the map, but know what color underwear Kim Kardashian bought last week.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 09:26 AM