Yes he should stop making statement like he in the know of things...
    I promise to never post here again, since I wouldn't want to give people the wrong information, since I'm not in the 'know of things'

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    08-02-16 01:03 AM
    I promise to never post here again, since I wouldn't want to give people the wrong information, since I'm not in the 'know of things'

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    Will Priv support Android N...?-made_at_www.txt2pic.com.jpg
    tigrute, MC_A_DOT, Uzi and 3 others like this.
    08-02-16 01:37 AM
    Priv will get N very soon. So far, Blackberry has been very prompt in releasing updates and OS compare to other OEM.
    08-02-16 05:06 AM
    I will only buy unlocked direct from manufacturers or nexus. Carries should be focused providing service not software. No excuse for the Priv to not have 6.0.1

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-02-16 07:08 AM
    Priv will get N very soon. So far, Blackberry has been very prompt in releasing updates and OS compare to other OEM.

My Motorola built and Verizon sold Droid Turbo 2 had MM before any PRIV users did... neither is known for their "promptness". BlackBerry has rubber stamped the security patches so they have a good reputation on those. But OS updates, sorry but they were very slow to push that out... especially when they only had one phone to do .

That said, the PRIV was their first Android phone. And there is little doubt that much of their time was spent on getting it out the door and then optimizing the BlackBerry Apps. I think now they are able to devote more time to the bigger OS updates. Question is how many people are still employed in that department.
    08-02-16 07:37 AM
    I am hearing great things about android N. Will it be released on Priv?

If you read the full preview it will be out late this year, and looks to mimic OS 10 in a lot of features..........verrrrrry interesting..........................
    08-02-16 08:07 AM
    BlackBerry said 6-8 months.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    08-02-16 08:13 AM
    Yes he should stop making statement like he in the know of things...
    It's not like BlackBerry ever said something.... The Few Who Bought PlayBooks Can Look Forward to BlackBerry 10 Update | WIRED and never followed through with it ..... BlackBerry CEO confirms PlayBook tablet won't be getting BB10 | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Devindra Hardawar

Oh wait....
    andy957 likes this.
    08-02-16 04:21 PM
    Official statement/answer : Yes.
    (as of 7/28/2016, source: French BlackBerry Product Manager, met in person)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-03-16 at 02:50 AM.
    Uzi, smart548 and Matty like this.
    08-03-16 02:25 AM
    A lot of people on these forums have said the Priv was designed to launch on Marshmallow, so with that in mind it would be reasonable to expect it to be designed for the next upgrade, which is Nougat.
    08-03-16 05:23 AM
    I cannot find a reliable source, but I would add that, AFAIK, almost every Android phone (despite it being a superlow-end device) should always receive (at least) two major updates during its life cycle... Priv -> (At least) from 5.0 to 7.0..

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 07:17 AM
    If the priv has a 2 years update plan from BlackBerry and the carriers will give EOL to thier version of the priv, blackberry should update them self and de-brand those versions.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-03-16 10:17 AM
    I think a few months from now. Maybe the Argon will be released with 7.

It took BlackBerry this April to get Marshmallow because Priv and Android on BlackBerry was completely new so they were bug fixing and still developing.

This time around upgrading from Marshmallow to Nougat should be quicker. Developer preview has been out for months, I'm sure they've been testing/developing for it already.

I thought the Argon was scheduled for next September?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 10:25 AM
    I cannot find a reliable source [...]
    You were just two post under one
    08-03-16 01:18 PM
    You were just two post under one
    I know mate ;-) What I was trying to state is that I cannot find a reliable source which says that not only the Priv, but almost every Android device is scheduled to receive two major upgrades before being discontinued =)

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-04-16 08:03 AM
    Sorry, appears I read it bad.
    Mhooooh!

08-04-16 08:31 AM
    I know mate ;-) What I was trying to state is that I cannot find a reliable source which says that not only the Priv, but almost every Android device is scheduled to receive two major upgrades before being discontinued =)

Posted via CB10
    There is no such policy. Many devices, particularly cheap ones out of China, never see an update ever.
    anon(9742832) and Jrox74 like this.
    08-04-16 09:20 AM
    There is no such policy. Many devices, particularly cheap ones out of China, never see an update ever.
    Or expensive ones on Verizon.
    08-04-16 11:19 AM
    Or expensive ones on Verizon.
    +10000
    08-04-16 11:27 AM
    We will receive N before all Samsung devices get their's
    08-06-16 12:38 PM
    We will receive N before all Samsung devices get their's
    Unless you have Verizon!
    08-06-16 01:08 PM
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider April as "just".
    Though it's still considered beta isn't it? That's lost some meaning, but not everyone considers something released if it's a beta.

08-06-16 02:07 PM
    Though it's still considered beta isn't it? That's lost some meaning, but not everyone considers something released if it's a beta.

It's been pushed out by carriers for some time now. Seven of the past eight beta program releases have ended up with carriers, ultimately. Only the first one was a "beta" in the true sense.
    08-06-16 02:24 PM
    Well being that the company promised to support the device for 2 years we will see it for sure. Should start rolling out this fall for most devices.

08-06-16 02:53 PM
    It's been pushed out by carriers for some time now. Seven of the past eight beta program releases have ended up with carriers, ultimately. Only the first one was a "beta" in the true sense.
    They are all beta in the true sense of Verizon as will the next 20 "betas!"
    08-06-16 05:54 PM
62 123