So I came a cross the following article this morning:

Google now requires future Android devices support full-disk encryption | MobileSyrup.com

It talks to how devices manufactured after Android Marshmallow will require full-disk encryption to be eligible for GPS, whereas devices manufactured before Android Marshmallow will be exempt from this new requirement.

Do you guys think the Priv will be considered to be manufactured before or after Android Marshmallow?

If considered to be after, will this likely delay the release of the Priv? Or does the Priv already support full-disk encryption?

Anyone got some inside info!? I just want the phone and I don't want it to be delayed lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 08:52 AM
    FDE is supported on all reasonably-recent versions of Android so yes, it's supported now.

This is, IMHO, a good thing. FDE is your only defense against data-at-rest theft, particularly if someone steals the entire phone.

FDE + solid authentication is the minimum requirement for reasonable protection of data in any sort of environment. Without both you have nothing.
    10-20-15 09:05 AM