At this point the only reason I wanted Nougat was for getting a dual screen on the large Priv screen. Well if Android O has the same feature. Let's start asking for the latest OS for the Priv (and DTEKs). That would surely clear the old inventory of those device. Plus it could be a beta tester for moving the KeyOne and future BlackBerry devices to Android O.
    I know it is a crazy theory. But I really would like the dual screen on a viable device like the Priv.
    06-08-17 06:12 AM
    My answer still the same only God and BlackBerry knows (at this point I also doubt BlackBerry know it)
    FF22, Manuel Basurto and Jrox74 like this.
    06-08-17 06:16 AM
    The last upgrade of the Priv was 6 months after it was released. That was Lollipop to Marshmallow. We knew that was going to happen because BlackBerry announced it.

The only thing we have heard from BlackBerry is they are in discussions with Qualcomm and other component makers about Nougat coming to the Priv. But there is no firm commitment. If they do not bring Nougat to the Priv, then it is a pipedream to think Oreo will come to it.
    FF22 and xandros9 like this.
    06-08-17 06:31 AM
    usually companies don't leapfrog os updates
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-17 06:49 AM
    I don't think it's gonna. been saying that and I'll stick to my guns on it. never had an android phone that got more than one os update and many times they get none. getting the M update was a welcome surprise to me
    06-08-17 06:56 AM
    it MIGHT get nougat... There's no way in hell it's getting oreo.
    06-08-17 07:22 AM
    One might expect Nougat to start with the DTEK 60 then work down from there. If DTEK units shipped with Marshmallow I'd expect Nougat. One major update then security patches for that release. We also have two different organizations to deal with in releasing Nougat or above (BlackBerry and BlackBerry mobile/TCL).
    06-08-17 09:18 AM
    I don't think it's gonna. been saying that and I'll stick to my guns on it. never had an android phone that got more than one os update and many times they get none. getting the M update was a welcome surprise to me
    Sony Xperia Z2/Z3 went from Kitkat to Lollipop to Marshmallow.

Hope springs eternal.
    06-08-17 09:44 AM
    well if it gets N I'll say how about that and admit I was wrong lol. I'm just not holding out that much hope. none actually
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-17 10:32 AM
    Blackberry is currently working on Z, so be patient. Oh, and no one here can actually answer the question so there really is no need to continue to start threads asking the same question over and over again.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-08-17 10:56 AM
    Well, starting the threads over and over helps to keep our post counts up since we can keep posting the same answers we have used on other threads. And contrary to your assertion, I did give the definitive answer is,

Priv will ge N; either Nougat or Nothing.
    FF22, Wezard and Wheeljack2k like this.
    06-08-17 12:44 PM
    ... Oh, and no one here can actually answer the question so there really is no need to continue to start threads asking the same question over and over again.
    It could therapy for the anxiety experienced by the OS update fixated?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-17 01:10 PM
    This makes some sense, save money on N and push O to all...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:47 PM
    This makes some sense, save money on N and push O to all...

Posted via CB10
    Considering that the phone is discontinued, it would make more sense to save money by not updating it at all. If we even get nougat, it's an act of charity, not a profitable business decision.
    FF22 and jfalkingham like this.
    06-08-17 02:09 PM
    If BlackBerry would like to preserve the few customers who have Priv but are not positioned to upgrade to newer model at present, they would bridge to any subsequent models by pushing N or O. That said, MotoZ with crowd funded horizontal PKB and Samsung with PKB clip on device show some nascent interest in that niche that might emerge as a real PKB future phone offering hopefully. That would very well end the BlackBerry device saga forever.
    06-08-17 02:19 PM
    Idk if this has been brought up but are all the 'blackdroids' locked indefinitely? I'd say for the Priv and keyone it'd be a mistake to load a custom rom but those Dtek phones are basically generic android

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 02:44 PM
    Secured blackdroid means you cannot root them, period.
    06-08-17 03:22 PM
    Secured blackdroid means you cannot root them, period.
    I gotta say, I'd feel a little ripped off if I bought a Dtek at full price

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:34 PM
    Is it the desire to have the latest OS or is there some functionality that you need in Nougat ? What benifits will Nougat bring to your daily use of the PRIV ?

Be paitient Grashopper.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-08-17 03:35 PM
    Is it the desire to have the latest OS or is there some functionality that you need in Nougat ? What benifits will Nougat bring to your daily use of the PRIV ?

Be paitient Grashopper.
    It runs significantly better (which is important to me), split screen view, notification shade has better organization, a bunch of other visual stuff.

I'd say it's a better update than marshmallow and for sure lollipop

*I pray that Android P isn't pumpkin spiced latte
    FF22 and Gray like this.
    06-08-17 04:55 PM
    I'd say for the Priv and keyone it'd be a mistake to load a custom rom but those Dtek phones are basically generic android
    Why? Priv and KEYone are just as much generic Android, just with a PKB... I had a few great custom ROMs on my Desire Z
    But, truth be told, there was a lot more difference between Gingerbread, on which HTC left the DZ, and ICS or JellyBean than is between Marshmallow and Nougat so I don't think I would bother even if it were possible. Unless I'd be certain that they (the custom ROMs) are 100% stable and reliable, which quite often they're not. Plus there's the security aspect to it...

I think there isn't 5 things, in sum, from Nougat and from what's possible with custom ROMs/rooting, that I'd really like to see on my phone. So, it's really not a big deal at all.
    06-09-17 12:07 AM
    I'd say for the Priv and keyone it'd be a mistake to load a custom rom but those Dtek phones are basically generic android
    Why? Priv and KEYone are just as much generic Android, just with a PKB... I had a few great custom ROMs on my Desire Z
    But, truth be told, there was a lot more difference between Gingerbread, on which HTC left the DZ, and ICS or JellyBean than is between Marshmallow and Nougat so I don't think I would bother even if it were possible. Unless I'd be certain that they (the custom ROMs) are 100% stable and reliable, which quite often they're not. Plus there's the security aspect to it...

I think there isn't 5 things, in sum, from Nougat and from what's possible with custom ROMs/rooting, that I'd really like to see on my phone. So, it's really not a big deal at all.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-09-17 12:07 AM
    well IDK, I haven't looked into it a whole lot but I gather the keyone and the priv need the BlackBerry launcher for all the shortcut keys to work properly. on the dtek phones, you don't risk losing any functionality unless you're married to that 'security' suite
    06-09-17 10:08 AM
    I WILL EAT MY UNDERPANTS if that happens. Mark this post in your calendars
    06-09-17 10:14 AM
    I WILL EAT MY UNDERPANTS if that happens. Mark this post in your calendars
    The question now is, do you wear underpants? If no, then this is no sacrifice.
    06-09-17 01:36 PM
32 12