phones are their highest earners in this company its easily 60%+ of revenue.Its consistent earner per quarter year device release. To not have this operate is stupidity.Software business is wack and not a top earner at all. The future is mobile so to not be creating mobile services is foolsihness.

Its taken this clown 2-3 years to work out selling handsets is still top earner. & priority.He's got it wrong so badly on software assault front. Shutting down hardware devision they might as well close up shop and sack the clown suggesting such nonsense.
    You sound like a ex disgruntled employee.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-31-15 11:01 AM
    Probably. Just listen to what Chen is saying...and read between the lines...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    11-01-15 08:35 AM
    The Android Priv may or may not be BlackBerry's last phone, but the BB10 Passport is likely my (and many others who are not enamored with Android) last BlackBerry phone.
    tix6174 likes this.
    11-01-15 08:49 AM
    I personally don't like the idea of Android devices produced by BlackBerry, yet I will buy Priv regardless of the future support. It is an Android device. Who the xxxx will care about it? If I don't like it, I will just sell it. Again, it is Android. You need not have passion for it. As for whether or not It will be BlackBerry's last phone, well, they have said exactly the same thing when BlackBerry launched Z10/Q10/Z30/Q30/Q20. I don't know and I don't care. Sooner or later, all the Android manufacturers will start cutting down on size and scale. It is impossible for smartphone market to keep growing at 20% a year. It is simply not possible. Sooner or later, BlackBerry will understand one thing, that is, they made a wrong turn when they turned to Android for help. BlackBerry failed to deliver a complete BlackBerry 10 ecosystem, and they failed to deliver better devices. They have done OK,but OK is not enough now. You have to be outstanding to stay in the market. Not until they get the idea done will they get out of the trouble of never selling enough devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:53 AM
    Will this be their last phone? Does it even matter?

It's a phone - you're not marrying it. It's not having your babies. At least I hope not.

Buy the phone and enjoy it. I've had lots of phones that were great phones for their time (Treo 650, Palm Pre, HTC Evo, etc.) and when the time came to upgrade or they were no longer supported, I either sold them or tossed them in a box someplace. Why does everyone think if Blackberry no longer supports this phone someday they have wasted their money? EVERY phone has a lifespan and EVERY phone will no longer be supported someday by its manufacturer. I don't think there will ever be a phone that lasts a lifetime, except maybe a modular phone like Project Ara.

Buy the Priv (or not), own it and enjoy it. If it's successful, we'll all benefit from future hardware innovations from Blackberry. If it's not, we'll all buy another smartphone in 3 years because that's what we all do anyway.

Sorry for the rant.
    11-01-15 09:07 AM
30 12