With the way their marketing is going will this be Blackberry's last phone? If so, who in their right mind would buy this phone, knowing that there may not be any support or future updates to the OS?

(TRUST ME I REALLY WANT THIS ******* PHONE)
    10-28-15 10:22 AM
    If it does not sell, yes it will.

There's a lot riding on the success of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:47 AM
    Yes, it will.
    10-28-15 10:52 AM
    That's not the plan.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:53 AM
    it probably will:

so was the Z30..
    ..and the passport..
    ..and the classic.

..so yes, the priv will follow the same road...
    10-28-15 10:54 AM
    probably not. i think this will be successful enough to keep BB in the handset business with likely a BB10 version to follow.
    10-28-15 10:56 AM
    Spoke to John Chen and he said yes! Unless they sell over 11mill/year

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:59 AM
    No they'll release a Porsche version and an SE version and then some different colours so some folks on here can have the full collector set. Once they suck that market dry......then and only then will they stop releasing phones.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-28-15 11:03 AM
    yes... don't buy it, it will give people cancer and will be prohibited to sell by the World Health Organization
    anon4226395 and Arabianhorse like this.
    10-28-15 11:20 AM
    I heard the opposite. People that don't buy it will get gonorrhea but they will continue naysayin' and assessing risks.
    10-28-15 11:24 AM
    Yes, I believe it will be. It's going up against stiff competition that has great brand recognition in the market, and the BlackBerry name and Priv are all but ignore by that massive target audience.

Once it flops, and it will with average consumers not die hard BlackBerry loyalists, it's time for BlackBerry to retreat from hardware and focus on software and security.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 11:36 AM
    So if you're so pessimistic about the company's products why do you waste your time on this forum? And why do I have difficulty in accepting that someone who chooses the username of 'juicyboy ' (sic) might be the most authoritative and impartial commentator?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:01 PM
    No updates? doesn't it run Android?
    10-28-15 12:11 PM
    Very hard to say but I'm thinking between Priv and the BlackBerry 10 handsets they will get to 5 million.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-28-15 12:44 PM
    No.

I clicked this on my Passport.
    10-28-15 12:46 PM
    So if you're so pessimistic about the company's products why do you waste your time on this forum? And why do I have difficulty in accepting that someone who chooses the username of 'juicyboy ' (sic) might be the most authoritative and impartial commentator?

Posted via CB10
    Because the OP is like me - he really wants this phone but is very troubled that buying it will be like buying a Playbook that got completely stranded and ultimately unsupported by Blackberry. Seems pretty obvious to me (because Chen actually said it out loud) that this is their last stand and unless things go swimmingly well (which anybody other than those on this Forum doesn't think) we will end up buying unsupported and un-updated $700 devices.
    10-28-15 12:48 PM
    And with this post it will scare potential buyers... yep with posts like this one you may be sure blackberry will kill the phones business because everyone will be afraid to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:50 PM
    Y the F will it be the Last Phone? It now has all u need with all the privacy, it has a neech market of its own bro

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:58 PM
    yes, yes it is. close up thread.
    10-28-15 02:39 PM
    phones are their highest earners in this company its easily 60%+ of revenue.Its consistent earner per quarter year device release. To not have this operate is stupidity.Software business is wack and not a top earner at all. The future is mobile so to not be creating mobile services is foolsihness.

Its taken this clown 2-3 years to work out selling handsets is still top earner. & priority.He's got it wrong so badly on software assault front. Shutting down hardware devision they might as well close up shop and sack the clown suggesting such nonsense.
    10-28-15 02:50 PM
    Margins on HW is not good. If it was you think HTC and others would be in a better position. The only vendor with good Margins on phone is Apple. Software margins are a lot better. Not sure what you are talking about.
    Software and Services that is. How did you think BB did so well back then? Service margin were crazy and that is why they are in trouble now.
    10-28-15 03:01 PM
    No updates? doesn't it run Android?
    No, it runs The Google.
    Cynycl likes this.
    10-28-15 03:40 PM
    If it didn't sell, I think it will be their last.

and with that price I think it won't sell.

Edit: plus, the release date is a problem too. People already bought Android devices and new iPhones
    10-31-15 10:25 AM
    With the way their marketing is going will this be Blackberry's last phone? If so, who in their right mind would buy this phone, knowing that there may not be any support or future updates to the OS?

(TRUST ME I REALLY WANT THIS ******* PHONE)
    Who cares if they never update the software? What else could google give that I possibly value over dat lovely physical keyboard? Not a lot. Android 6.0 has basically been confirmed. I tend to get two years out of a phone before I move onto a new handset. If anything I'll probably use this phone even longer. I don't see all the worry about support for the phone going away.... It's not going to spontaneously combust in your hand. If I diddn't buy it for the reason of no software updates, I'd be on a different android phone, without a keyboard but still using the apps I use anyway
    10-31-15 10:28 AM
    I don't expect a BB10 version of the Priv, unless they stick the passport internals to it as it appears the cost to develop new drivers for BB10 is too costly.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:49 AM
30 12