I'm used to my Z10 appearing as 2 network drives on my home network the moment it sees my home wifi. Does the Priv still have that functionality?
    I know my wife's Samsung doesn't do that, and it's one of my favourite things of BB, being able to immediately tranfer files over Wifi when I get home.
    02-14-16 12:42 PM
    Sure.

Setup a webdav server on your PC, and you will see it as a drive on your Priv using a file manager like Solid Explorer. Works great. Drag and drop files to your heart's content. This will work on your Samsung too.
    Sure.

Setup a webdav server on your PC, and you will see it as a drive on your Priv using a file manager like Solid Explorer. Works great. Drag and drop files to your heart's content. This will work on your Samsung too.
    02-14-16 01:35 PM
    Sure.

Actually Solid Explorer natively supports SMB, so I just go ahead and use my Windows shares.
    02-15-16 11:00 AM
    The Priv, like most other Android devices, uses the MTP protocol to connect to a computer (by default), so you won't actually have drive letters. On the other hand, BB10 uses some homebrew thing that maps the storage volumes to two network drives.

Of course, any good Priv file manager can use WebDAV/SMB/FTP/whatever, so you can make something work (with not just your Priv) that way.
    02-15-16 11:05 AM
    Actually Solid Explorer natively supports SMB, so I just go ahead and use my Windows shares.
    True enough.

I like to have access to my drives outside of my LAN though.
    02-15-16 11:08 AM