Forgive my ignorance please but I've never used Android and don't know how it works and how it's upgrades actually work.
    If I buy a Priv now with lollipop, will I be able to upgrade to marshmallow when available for Priv? Or should Blackberry must make a new version of Priv to be able to run marshmallow?
    Sorry, I feel stupid asking this but really I don't know anything about Androids.
    10-29-15 12:41 PM
    A good question I don't have an answer for but I am certain is built and has capabilities for upgrade especially to Marshmallow 6.0

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-29-15 12:49 PM
    When its ready, a Marshmallow upgrade will be available direct from BB or later thru your carrier OTA process.
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-29-15 12:50 PM
    Androids gets updated about every other day. If you have used windows you know why. Put out crap first then patch it along the way.

Sadly that's all software these days, including BB10. BB10 is much less so than others.
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-29-15 12:52 PM
    Have used Android for just over two years now and updates are controlled through the phone manufacturer or your carrier not Google. Only the Google Nexus line are frequently updated and directly from Google.

Posted via CB on my BB Passport
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-29-15 01:45 PM
    Androids gets updated about every other day. If you have used windows you know why. Put out crap first then patch it along the way.

Sadly that's all software these days, including BB10. BB10 is much less so than others.
    What the hell are you talking about? Updated everyday? You must be talking about the apps.

Yeah, apps do get updated regularly. Sometimes it's bug fixes other times they add features. It's nice being able to email the developer of the app directly and sometimes they'll listen to your feedback and actually add features bases off what you say.

Also, so I don't sound one sided, I had this sweet radio alarm clock app which worked great, I updated it then started having issues (couldn't shut off the alarm in the morning) not sure if it was device specific or what but they eventually fixed the problem.

As with upgrading to marshmallow, yeah John Cena said it was getting marshmallow, we just don't know when.

Even after marshmallow is out, hopefully blackberry does a good job at pushing out updates.
    Lobwedgephil likes this.
    10-29-15 11:40 PM