I'm on PRIV #6. That's right 6 different devices (8 if you include the burner phones I used awaiting shipments) Some will say I'm stubborn and hard-headed. Guilty as charged. What can I say I need Android and I need a keyboard.....but I'm nearing the end. 4 PRIV's died during AT&T software update. Latest PRIV will not charge and says "Battery Disconnected". Blackberry insists this is not an issue with "early releases" of the PRIV. They offer no solutions but to send the phone back for an out of the box replacement. My latest theory is that the car charger is causing the problem.

I could bore you to tears with the hell I've been through for the last 4 months, but words would NOT do it justice. The fine individuals on Crackberry seem smarter than the people who troubleshoot at Blackberry, so I'm begging you............pleading with you. HELP!!!!!!!!! In fact, I would actually offer a reward to anyone who could fix this problem. $75, no questions asked to anyone who can help me fix this problem and end my nightmare.

I saw a video of a guy tearing down a PRIV and I'm wondering if the widely accepted Android fix (that has you removing the battery and dropping it on the ground) will actually work. It would be a desperate measure from a guy who has trouble just replacing the Sim card.

I beg of you, please help.

Al
    06-16-16 01:11 PM
    Battery Disconnected.... it is very possible that something came loose and tearing down your PRIV might fix this. Might also void any warranty and chance of yet another warranty return.

If you are worried about your skills... most any phone/tablet repair shop or booth should be able to do it pretty easily.
    06-16-16 01:21 PM
    My battery disconnected issue started right after MM update. Will not work with any USB charging method, a toast appears stating battery disconnected yet the battery shows its topping up but no charging symbol. PB and native charger works fine.

It has to be software related.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-16-16 01:29 PM
    I'm on PRIV #6. That's right 6 different devices (8 if you include the burner phones I used awaiting shipments) Some will say I'm stubborn and hard-headed. Guilty as charged. What can I say I need Android and I need a keyboard.....but I'm nearing the end. 4 PRIV's died during AT&T software update. Latest PRIV will not charge and says "Battery Disconnected". Blackberry insists this is not an issue with "early releases" of the PRIV. They offer no solutions but to send the phone back for an out of the box replacement. My latest theory is that the car charger is causing the problem.

I could bore you to tears with the hell I've been through for the last 4 months, but words would NOT do it justice. The fine individuals on Crackberry seem smarter than the people who troubleshoot at Blackberry, so I'm begging you............pleading with you. HELP!!!!!!!!! In fact, I would actually offer a reward to anyone who could fix this problem. $75, no questions asked to anyone who can help me fix this problem and end my nightmare.

I saw a video of a guy tearing down a PRIV and I'm wondering if the widely accepted Android fix (that has you removing the battery and dropping it on the ground) will actually work. It would be a desperate measure from a guy who has trouble just replacing the Sim card.

I beg of you, please help.

Al
    All 4 died during an AT&T software update but were working fine before? Are you forced to do the AT&T update?

The AT&T Marshmallow beta is out, so probably a full release will come soon. Maybe wait till the AT&T variant is released and then visit Thurask's PRIV Autoloader thread and download it there and install instead of OTA (will do a full wipe of your device, note). Just a thought. I'm sure it's frustrating as you know what to have to go through this hassle...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    06-16-16 01:43 PM
    So, change car chargers and see.
    06-16-16 02:19 PM
    My guess is that the car charger is causing the general charging problem. I don't see how switching the car charger would help. I would need a new phone to try it out. The current problem is that it will not charge normally by AC or USB.
    06-16-16 04:23 PM
    thank you for your response. I believe the current Priv has the Marshmallow, so the update problem is hopefully gone (and yes the phones were forcing the update and it was fine before that).

It's now a charging issue. This is my 6th defective Priv.
    06-16-16 04:24 PM
    I do believe I will give it a try and very carefully follow the video. Just getting to the battery didn't seem too crazy. This will be my last shot. If it fails, I will have to go to Samsung. No other alternative really. Thanks for your response.
    06-16-16 04:26 PM
    My latest theory is that the car charger is causing the problem.
    What car charger are you using? I have a BlackBerry charger. I have also tried the cheapo ones (one time with someone on a day trip I forgot to take my charger so used their cheap extra one) and they do not charge the Priv very well. I also bought one off the internet that was supposed to be a quick charger advertised to work with the Priv. My phone blinked on and off when I tried to use it and it rapidly drained the battery. Yikes! Needless to say I will not be using that one again and plan to return it. I have no troubles with my BlackBerry car charger.
    06-16-16 05:07 PM