Couldn't one just not use the "slide" feature and just use the virtual keyboard, thus preventing fatigue on the moving parts? I know that's what I'll do if I get it. I realize that defeats the purpose of the devices main feature lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hehe, how often do you change the batteries in your remotes at home? And somehow the battery doors end up all wasted and cello taped most of the times.
    TrevS1977 likes this.
    08-25-15 03:19 AM
    Oh yeah thanks for the post bro, I have the same problem why would you do a slider since You BB dont have something to replace Z 10 and Z 30 ??????????? WHY????

That was also my question why i have to use PKB since i have now a full touch Z 10???
    This is so stupid from the side of BB , they dont even think?? I don't know !

So we users of Blackberry even if we want a new BB device we are left with just PKB's like passport wich i personally hate , classic ,Q 10 ,

I have now a z 10 why would i go buy a Leap?? for just the bigger screen????and no other updates??
    but yes I should feel so f excited for the new PKB which is coming yes i am but come on you cant do another device like the venice which is identical but without PKB on it and of course yes lower cost but please leave the specs as it is ..
    08-25-15 04:46 AM
    A Slider that isn't a Slider? Now that just wouldn't be a Slider!!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-25-15 04:50 AM
    Hehe, how often do you change the batteries in your remotes at home? And somehow the battery doors end up all wasted and cello taped.
    I think a majority of that happens when remotes are thrown or tossed around the room or fall off of the couches onto a hard surface. At least that is the scenerio at my place
    08-25-15 05:38 AM

You're true.
    08-25-15 06:40 AM
    Slider this...Slider that...I don't get it, would prefer a big slab (like 99% of all other devices available) but with BB10 (or BB11 ;-)), until then I will be happy with my Passport.
    08-25-15 07:44 AM
    Wow people find anything to complain eh?

What's next, you don't like the position of the headphone jack and thus this phone will fail? ...oh wait.
    08-25-15 08:17 AM

What's next, you don't like the position of the headphone jack and thus this phone will fail? ...oh wait.
    Yeah... why'd they put it on the bottom? How will I use it with my belt holster that way??
    08-25-15 02:50 PM
    Oh yeah thanks for the post bro, I have the same problem why would you do a slider since You BB dont have something to replace Z 10 and Z 30 ??????????? WHY????

That was also my question why i have to use PKB since i have now a full touch Z 10???
    This is so stupid from the side of BB , they dont even think?? I don't know !

So we users of Blackberry even if we want a new BB device we are left with just PKB's like passport wich i personally hate , classic ,Q 10 ,

I have now a z 10 why would i go buy a Leap?? for just the bigger screen????and no other updates??
    but yes I should feel so f excited for the new PKB which is coming yes i am but come on you cant do another device like the venice which is identical but without PKB on it and of course yes lower cost but please leave the specs as it is ..
    WTF?????????????????

?????

This post is full of fail.

They've made 4 full touch BB10 devices, pick one and enjoy it. Those of us who want a slider are finally getting our Torch upgrade, if you don't like it don't buy it, but don't rip BlackBerry for not custom building a device to your personal specifications.

Typical full touch user post...I like slabs, so there should only be slabs, everything else is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    ZeBB45 and chrispmoto like this.
    08-25-15 03:06 PM
    The Venice makes me think of my ex's phone from back in the day, the Sony Ericsson Aino.
    It was a great little device in its day, hardy also, I personally wouldn't have the same worries as OP.

One thing I don't think Blackberry will pull off is the OS side of things. The android hub app I can imagine would always remain inferior to the bb10 one, quick setting, peek gestures, active frames, all things I cannot imagine to be similar and as efficient.

Will definitely get the slider... if it is not a slider-iu-6-.jpg

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-25-15 06:32 PM
    You mean like this? Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Will definitely get the slider... if it is not a slider-20150825_181855.jpg  
    08-25-15 07:20 PM
    Never even gave it a chance. Not even a second of my time. If I think about the slider now is because we have nothing else.
    Nothing else? We have the Leap, the Classic, and multiple versions of the Passport, do you need a new device yearly?
    08-25-15 07:48 PM
    If is built anything like the 9810 it will be rock solid

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-25-15 08:10 PM
    You should check out some of the Android fan sites that are reporting on the rumours if you think the PKB is a negative.

Seriously. Look for the common positive in all the reports of BlackBerry going Android... Report back here once you've read them, lol.
    08-25-15 09:43 PM
    Duct tape around the sides

Posted via CB10
    Cheaper, and it's the removable option... :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    08-26-15 12:04 AM
    The Android powered Slider is going to be BlackBerry's segue into bringing the BB10 beloved features to other platforms. For many, this is a bit of worry as it could in fact mean that BB10 is not going to get much attention anymore. However, for users like you, OP, you should be able to find exactly what you want. Once they release their productivity suite for all platforms (which will likely be not much after the Slider release if it's not simultaneous), you will be able to have the Hub and the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on any all-touch device you want. Might as well get a Galaxy 6 Edge and load all the BlackBerry apps you can!
    08-26-15 12:33 AM
    The problem with the slider will NOT be the slide BUT it's OS if it is loaded with a stinking Android OS.
    08-26-15 12:48 AM
    As much as loved my Torch and my Z30, I simply can't comprehend a device of this size with a slide out PKB. I know I can just use the VKB and I'm personally cool with that. I just think people who want the PKB will have issues adapting to the size of the device. I REALLY HOPE I AM WRONG.

I'm hoping this is the device that shuts the haters up...
    From the renders, it seems it's more like a slide-up screen. The bulk of the weight of the device stays in between your fingers. That sounds good to me :-)
    08-26-15 04:22 AM

Relax mate.
    I am just saying I would buy a BB slab phone with the same specs and design of the slider. Just my opinion and preference. I am not saying it will fail. I am not even complaining. I think the slider is a good bet by BB, just not for me.
    I am sorry, but if we all thought the same most of this forums would be pointless.
    08-26-15 06:57 AM

You nailed it
    08-26-15 06:59 AM
    You should check out some of the Android fan sites that are reporting on the rumours if you think the PKB is a negative.

Seriously. Look for the common positive in all the reports of BlackBerry going Android... Report back here once you've read them, lol.
    Again, I do not think it is a negative for all. It is just a negative for me.
    I am not saying they should not release a slider, I am just saying that it would be good to make the most of it and release a slab phone with the same design and specs.
    Where in my post do I say that it is negative? I am just saying that I, personally, just me, in my opinion, for my personal use, would like that phone to be a slab phone, and that I reckon that the marginal cost of producing and marketing a phone like that would be low as you are already releasing and marketing a slider.
    Two friends of mine are likely to get a slider straight away if it is android as they are sick of carrying around two phones only because they need a PKB and BBs by themselves do not sort their media/app/ecosystem needs. Again, that is their opinion, I am happy with my Z30 and love BB10, just want an upgrade.
    08-26-15 07:11 AM
    The Android powered Slider is going to be BlackBerry's segue into bringing the BB10 beloved features to other platforms. For many, this is a bit of worry as it could in fact mean that BB10 is not going to get much attention anymore. However, for users like you, OP, you should be able to find exactly what you want. Once they release their productivity suite for all platforms (which will likely be not much after the Slider release if it's not simultaneous), you will be able to have the Hub and the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on any all-touch device you want. Might as well get a Galaxy 6 Edge and load all the BlackBerry apps you can!
    I might have to eventually, but I would rather stick to BB as the integration would be better and why not, stupid emotional reasons.
    08-26-15 07:15 AM
    Nothing else? We have the Leap, the Classic, and multiple versions of the Passport, do you need a new device yearly?
    Not really, I change phone about every 18 months to two years.
    The leap is not an upgrade from the Z30, really, and I do not like the other form factors.
    I love my Z30, I am pretty happy with it and it will last me for a while if there is no BB alternative with the same form factor. But I am a heavy user and the Z30 lags a bit sometimes and it would be nice to upgrade in about six months time... just for the sake of it.
    08-26-15 07:23 AM
    Put crazy glue on the sliding part and it will become a full touch !

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:36 AM
    Swap out keyboard for extra battery, that would be cool.
    Rumored specs are just rumors, but it's been said that the Venice will have a 3,000 mAh battery. I think that's on the small side for a phone with a screen this size, along with its other rumored specs. So I think the PKB mechanism is stealing needed battery space, not extra battery space.
    08-26-15 08:11 AM
52 123