I know it has been discussed before but nobody seems to be bothered about it lately.
    I am sorry, but I just do not want a physical keyboard knowing for sure that I will not use it, and I do not want moving parts getting loose eventually or gaps collecting dust.
    I could cope with android if the experience was BBish... and it had the hub, but I do not want a sliding thing and I do not think they can make it good enough so I will not notice it when closed.
    Why not using the same internals and concept with a different casing for a low marginal cost? You could even use the same OS, could't you? Is there any chance of seeing this in the future? Is it on its way?
    So far I love the design of the phone and really want to upgrade my Z30, but I do not want my next phone to slide.
    Come on BB, give me a proper slab!!!
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    08-24-15 02:58 PM
    From the renders it's barely noticeable. Youre losing it over nothing
    Gajja, luancuvi and gugomat like this.
    08-24-15 03:00 PM
    It is not the way it looks, I love the design. thinner and lighter would be better, but I can do with the design.
    I will have a look at it, but moving parts in a phone that is constantly in my pocket will quite likely get loose and wiggle after some time.
    08-24-15 03:13 PM
    I will have a look at it, but moving parts in a phone that is constantly in my pocket will quite likely get loose and wiggle after some time.
    The 9810 was rock solid, remained tight, and NEVER opened by itself.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    DJM626, stevepar, acovey and 6 others like this.
    08-24-15 03:15 PM
    The 9810 was rock solid, remained tight, and NEVER opened by itself.

Never even gave it a chance. Not even a second of my time. If I think about the slider now is because we have nothing else.
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    08-24-15 03:19 PM
    More moving parts means a higher likelihood something will fatigue and/or fail. I'm with OP on this one.
    Paraliotis3 and luancuvi like this.
    08-24-15 03:19 PM
    They're giving you both worlds. I understand you don't want moving parts, but this is the best you can get 'soon'. You'll have to wait for another full touch BlackBerry, if they ever make another one that is.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 03:22 PM
    If the slider on Android sells well, it's pretty much guaranteed that they will come out with a full touch

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 03:24 PM
    More moving parts means a higher likelihood something will fatigue and/or fail. I'm with OP on this one.
    Unless you don't move them...

But there will be sacrifices... I think for most it would be best to wait and see what BlackBerry comes up with.

But there are some of us that don't have to see it to know it isn't for us.
    TJKGT likes this.
    08-24-15 03:25 PM
    The additional cost of a non-slider with the same specs would be really low. Will they eventually make it you reckon?
    08-24-15 03:26 PM
    The additional cost of a non-slider with the same specs would be really low. Will they eventually make it you reckon?
    They are trying to leverage what they are known for - the physical keyboard. Assuming the BlackBerry Experience Suite becomes available for all, the pkb is the only thing that differentiates the new BlackBerry-branded Android device in a field of slabs.

mathking606 and Gajja like this.
    08-24-15 03:29 PM
    If the slider on Android sells well, it's pretty much guaranteed that they will come out with a full touch
    That's if their full touch version can beat out the offerings made by a multitude of other Android device makers...
    08-24-15 03:32 PM
    They're giving you both worlds. I understand you don't want moving parts, but this is the best you can get 'soon'. You'll have to wait for another full touch BlackBerry, if they ever make another one that is.

Posted via CB10
    That second world is negative for me and it is the "if they ever make another one that is" that I do not like at all.
    I can not see many reasons not to manufacture the two phones.
    08-24-15 03:33 PM
    You'd have to imagine they would, one of their assets is a pretty good virtual keyboard, so they must have at least considered it.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-24-15 03:34 PM
    That's if their full touch version can beat out the offerings made by a multitude of other Android device makers...
    It may also depend on how much they manage to differentiate their blackdroid OS. If they secure it and provide it with extra exclusive features a lot of people/companies will give it a go over other options with better specs.
    08-24-15 03:40 PM
    Swap out keyboard for extra battery, that would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:51 PM
    As all 9810 users can attest, the slider mechanism is fantastic and never ever broke down. A bolt got loose on the one I had after 3 years of using daily and non stop.
    I can only imagine if you never use it, it would never get loose
    acovey likes this.
    08-24-15 05:24 PM
    As much as loved my Torch and my Z30, I simply can't comprehend a device of this size with a slide out PKB. I know I can just use the VKB and I'm personally cool with that. I just think people who want the PKB will have issues adapting to the size of the device. I REALLY HOPE I AM WRONG.

I'm hoping this is the device that shuts the haters up...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-24-15 05:33 PM
    Swap out keyboard for extra battery, that would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, or less bulk and weight
    08-24-15 05:49 PM
    Glue it shut. ;-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    Carl Estes and anon(4067838) like this.
    08-24-15 06:16 PM
    Couldn't one just not use the "slide" feature and just use the virtual keyboard, thus preventing fatigue on the moving parts? I know that's what I'll do if I get it. I realize that defeats the purpose of the devices main feature lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-15 07:14 PM
    Couldn't one just not use the "slide" feature and just use the virtual keyboard, thus preventing fatigue on the moving parts? I know that's what I'll do if I get it. I realize that defeats the purpose of the devices main feature lol

Still a good option to have the keys for when you're wearing gloves or need to type up some non-dictionary-compatible words... lol

Posted via CB10
    TrevS1977 likes this.
    08-24-15 07:40 PM
    Glue it shut. ;-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    Duct tape around the sides

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:16 PM
    It being android sucks!!! BlackBerry is BlackBerry!!! Not android!! Screw android!! What about us that used to show off BlackBerry was better than android now BlackBerry is basically being androids b***h ! Instead of BlackBerry becoming stronger and better to surpass them!! 💪 💪 Cmon BlackBerry!! No teaming up!!! #teamblackberry

Posted via CB10
    ZF_23, anon(8063781) and acovey like this.
    08-25-15 01:26 AM

Hehe, how often do you change the batteries in your remotes at home? And somehow the battery doors end up all wasted and cello taped.
    08-25-15 03:17 AM
52 123