I am looking at getting the Priv. I currently have the BB Q10. I am going to backup my Q10, save it and then restore it to the Priv. Will it work and transfer all data?
    11-20-15 08:58 PM
    No. There is a device switch app for it. It will transfer your contacts, calendar, sms, and I think multimedia as well.
    11-20-15 09:04 PM
    Any accounts with synced data, like email, calendar, and/or contacts will obviously restore once you add the accounts on your new Priv.

Download the BlackBerry Content Transfer app from BlackBerry World on your Q10. You can select certain things to back up. You can back them up to a Google Drive account or select "other methods" and store it on your media card.

When you get your Priv, download BlackBerry Content Transfer from Google Play, and open it. (Obviously after you've inserted your SD card into the Priv, if you used that backup method.)

Before you use it on your BB10 device, do some prep work. Use File Manager to explore Device Memory and move anything you want to keep (pictures, screenshots, documents, downloads, etc) to folders on the sd card. That way those things will stay on the sd card with your Priv instead of restoring to device memory there.

*** For Password Keeper, you must back it up separately. You can back it up ("export") to sd card as well, or to several cloud options. Then "import" the Password Keeper data once you open the app on your Priv.
    11-20-15 10:13 PM