I use BlackBerry device more than 4 years. No matter how lag the 9700, torch or torch 2 done to me and I also accept, then change to Z10 with unstable OS to successful Passport. I finally give Blackberry Priv a chance since this is not a big issue migrate from Passport to Priv due to same Blackberry.

What I experience on Blackberry Priv is lot of apps and very convenient on my third party bluetooth device. I can accept android OS within 2 months duration. What the good experience to me is lots of app but immature Blackberry apps give me annoying and the build quality make to sad. I told myself let this device go, my Priv sold today.

Blackberry, are you late enter to android battle zone? At least give us good quality device. Not loose phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 04:58 AM
    I agree with you on the build quality, which surely isn't up to standards you'd expect at such a pricetag. However quite some people started reporting the newer batches seem to have improved build quality. No more creaking back, no more creaking sides (although my unit also had no creaking sides for the first ~eight weeks) and improved slider for a better fixed screen.

As for the rest, I hardly can relate to your critics. What kind of software are you talking about? Especially their camera app really improved in many aspects since the device got launched. The launcher is near stock Android with just a few adjustments - surely not worse than what you get on a Nexus device. The calendar is ok for BB standards, I at least like it better than the hideous BB10 counterpart, and at least I have the option to simply install a different calendar app now. The Hub most likely won't ever have the same level as the BB10 counterpart has, it's just another app running on top of the OS, in contrary to BB10 where the Hub more or less is an essential part developed into the system.

They aren't late to the Android game, but they especially made typical BBRY mistakes which really prevented a better success from the very beginning. Bad or missing marketing, build quality concerns which should've been known and fixed first hand - which led to poor reviews and last but not least a questionable pricetag followed by a poor, staggered launch.
    03-16-16 05:09 AM
    A bug for Blackberry hub, integrated with Whatsapp and messenger, I need to do double job to read the msg.

I'm from Malaysia and I can't request a single replacement. I emailed Blackberry Malaysia to give me a solution but they reply initial and ignore after that. What's the consumers right? Sigh....

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 05:16 AM
    Thank to Blackberry give me a chance to know how wonderful of Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 05:50 AM
    A bug for Blackberry hub, integrated with Whatsapp and messenger, I need to do double job to read the msg.

I'm from Malaysia and I can't request a single replacement. I emailed Blackberry Malaysia to give me a solution but they reply initial and ignore after that. What's the consumers right? Sigh....

Posted via CB10
    That's not actually a bug per se but a problem of existing APIs. Unless both BlackBerry and Whatsapp are working together for a way to fix this, this won't change.

Here in Germany we can't request BlackBerry regarding any service issues, we need to contact our shop who then contacts and deals with BlackBerry for warranty. Have you tried it this way?
    03-16-16 06:14 AM
    I don't know how the deal from Blackberry and Whatsapp. As my experience, Whatsapp haven't ready when Blackberry OS 10 launch. And this happened again at Blackberry android. Is John Chen really know Whatsapp is the big player at the market.

For the warranty claim issue, I need to send the device to collection agent and take 2 weeks time to process the claim. Blackberry repair center won't give me a call to know more about my issue. I just need sit and wait 2 weeks for them to repair. I tried this method one time and this make my screen worst. I'm fedup with their services. What I do is use my own cost to brought an another new Priv. New Priv is solid and screen clicking issue raise up again.

What's your feeling? A price tag US 850 dollar give me such a problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 07:01 AM