Since BlackBerry seems to have gave up trying to monetize BBM. Do you think there is a chance they will make it where we can use BBM as our default SMS and MMS provider like Hangouts?

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    04-26-16 01:26 PM
    What something like how Apple's iMessage works.... Reads all, send via the "best" route - one place to via all IMs.

I think this would be a useful feature of Android users and certainly should be possible. And in markets where BBM has a userbase, it would at least help them to hold onto that userbase.
    04-26-16 01:46 PM
    I'm surprised they haven't already done this to be honest. I guess they wanted to keep BBM differentiated?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-26-16 01:58 PM
    I used to love BBM, but now it's just a spam trap. I want nothing to do with it anymore. Please don't integrate sms/mms.
    04-26-16 03:07 PM
    I think it would add to tBBRY uniqueness for the Android market

04-26-16 03:26 PM
    I think it would be a great idea (that they won't do).

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:06 PM
    I used to love BBM, but now it's just a spam trap. I want nothing to do with it anymore. Please don't integrate sms/mms.
    Now here I agree to an extent... I'd have preferred BlackBerry procreate their own SMS app instead of going default Android with Google's stock app, but BBM has definitely mutated into a spammy looking thing... I open it occasionally and wonder just WTF I am looking at as it often resembles something more like a circa 2004 wap site at 1st glance than the high octane messenger it once was... Ironic in a way that BlackBerry, who NEVER seems to be able to advertise enough in the real world can be so abrasive with the ads and such in BBM... It's mutated into this thing I no longer recognize and, at times, am slightly embarrassed by... Feels more like a cry for help than an innovation these days which deeply saddens me...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:15 PM
    Now here I agree to an extent... I'd have preferred BlackBerry procreate their own SMS app instead of going default Android with Google's stock app, but BBM has definitely mutated into a spammy looking thing... I open it occasionally and wonder just WTF I am looking at as it often resembles something more like a circa 2004 wap site at 1st glance than the high octane messenger it once was... Ironic in a way that BlackBerry, who NEVER seems to be able to advertise enough in the real world can be so abrasive with the ads and such in BBM... It's mutated into this thing I no longer recognize and, at times, am slightly embarrassed by... Feels more like a cry for help than an innovation these days which deeply saddens me...

Posted via CB10
    I've never seen ads on my Passport or my Priv BBM. Must be an android or ios app thing

04-26-16 09:20 PM
    I wish they would convert BBM into an iMessage alternative. Get rid of the spam and junk, simplify it, integrate video chat for Android. It could be great.
    04-26-16 09:23 PM
    I've never seen ads on my Passport or my Priv BBM. Must be an android or ios app thing

I was referring specifically to their constant attempt to divert one's attention to their beloved sticker shop and other such related items... That red spark forever lit in the 'shop' area it seems...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:26 PM
    I wish they would convert BBM into an iMessage alternative. Get rid of the spam and junk, simplify it, integrate video chat for Android. It could be great.
    ^ Yes, all the way, all of this...^

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:26 PM
    Never seen an Add in my BBM for PRIV or GS5 or Nexus, don't know what you are talking about.

04-26-16 09:28 PM
    BBM in the BBOS days used to have this feature where you could have BBM manage your text messaging contacts. I was hoping/wishing for that feature to be returned within BlackBerry 10 but at last it never was restored and now BB10 is on its way out the door.

If the native SMS app on the PRIV is as bad as I've been reading, then this would be a great opportunity for BlackBerry to bring that old BBOS functionality back.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    04-26-16 11:07 PM
    Not sure what their plans are.. BBM is still kept out of the contacts app even though Whatsapp is integrated.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 11:30 PM