Swipe up from the bottom to unlock?

Peek from the left?

Etc?
    10-11-15 12:14 PM
    Don't really understand all this but if not loaded, does BES have this ; or can you download a BlackBerry keyboard / gestures from elsewhere?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:37 PM
    No, the gestures are bb10 only.

Although there will probably be more ways to unlock the handset now, double tap to unlock which I think is nicer anyway.

No peek unfortunately, probably swipe down for notifications, not as elegant as swipe up, get those fingers stretched

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:39 PM
    You will get VKB (Virtual Keyboard) instead of gestures I think or you can have them both along with the slider PKB (Physical Keyboard).

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:01 PM
    You will get VKB (Virtual Keyboard) instead of gestures I think or you can have them both along with the slider PKB (Physical Keyboard).

Posted via CB10
    Having a VKB instead of gestures is like saying you'll have a PKB instead of having an audio jack. Gestures have nothing to do with the VKB. The gestures are for navigation in the BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    rjkolo likes this.
    10-11-15 04:27 PM
    No, the gestures are bb10 only.

Although there will probably be more ways to unlock the handset now, double tap to unlock which I think is nicer anyway.

No peek unfortunately, probably swipe down for notifications, not as elegant as swipe up, get those fingers stretched

Posted via CB10
    I have to say I much prefer swipe to unlock

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:03 PM
    I have to say I much prefer swipe to unlock

Posted via CB10
    me too when it works... which is rather rare
    10-11-15 08:09 PM
    me too when it works... which is rather rare
    Agree with this.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 02:46 AM
    No. Instead, Android has navigation buttons that can be virtual like the Priv or physical like on Samsung devices.

I don't really care for swipe to unlock but I'll definitely miss the peek gesture
    Marwan Husseini likes this.
    10-12-15 02:54 AM
    Without gestures, I'll stand pat with BB10. I can't go back to a stupid "Home" button when I want to do something new. Apparently lots of people don't care about that on Android and iOS, but I can't begin to explain how annoying it is for me!

Maybe the next generation Priv will find a way to integrate the BB10 usability features. Then, I'll happily consider it.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:46 AM
    Everyone keeps talking about how customizable android is compared to bb10. If that's the case, don't you think BlackBerry would implement the gestures? I'd be shocked if they weren't there.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    10-13-15 06:26 AM
    I could have swore that one if my coworkers androids has swipe to unlock.. I thought at first he had BlackBerry the way he was struggling to swipe it up but I'm pretty sure he said it was a Motorola.. as far as "peak" we might have to get used to swiping down but accessing the Hub still looked simple enough. Video I watched he just long presses the middle button and 3 quick switches came up for Hub, Google now and BlackBerry assistant

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix News C003BA5E3 *-*
    10-13-15 07:23 AM
    I don't see why BlackBerry can't find a way to bring the gestures and instant replies to android. They both seem very difficult to do but at this moment it looks like they are not included.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    10-13-15 07:26 AM
    Everyone keeps talking about how customizable android is compared to bb10. If that's the case, don't you think BlackBerry would implement the gestures? I'd be shocked if they weren't there.
    Got rid of the home button and use gestures and voice only on my custom device.

It can be done on Android.
    Slamdunc1 likes this.
    10-13-15 07:28 AM
    I'm wondering if they're going to allow the bb10 vkb on the priv, and now have to use a third party one like swype or something

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:39 AM
    I'm wondering if they're going to allow the bb10 vkb on the priv, and now have to use a third party one like swype or something

Posted via CB10
    I don't see why they wouldn't 'allow' it on their own device. They've actually already stated that they will be releasing it to all Android devices eventually so I'm quite sure that this will include the Priv.

To be completely honest, what the Priv will probably be is a "free" beta for all of their software that they plan on bringing to Android. I can't see them charging Priv owners for the parts that make it a BlackBerry. However, it won't be exclusive to the Priv for long.
    10-13-15 07:56 AM
    I don't see why BlackBerry can't find a way to bring the gestures and instant replies to android. They both seem very difficult to do but at this moment it looks like they are not included.

This is what MIGHT be the deal breaker for me. Some people laugh and say that these functions are useless but to be able to reply to messages and multitask without skipping a beat? These features are quite priceless and I won't trade any amount of Google for them.
    10-13-15 07:57 AM
    Got rid of the home button and use gestures and voice only on my custom device.

It can be done on Android.
    Cool, what android apps do you have to do that?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:15 AM
    After getting used to gestures, I am not sure I can live without them. They seem to be a great ergonomic idea, better than hunting for a square on a screen.
    10-13-15 11:20 AM
    Cool, what android apps do you have to do that?

Posted via CB10
    I use a custom ROM with said features built in. Nova Launcher can replicate some for stock folks.
    Slamdunc1 likes this.
    10-13-15 01:18 PM
    This is what MIGHT be the deal breaker for me. Some people laugh and say that these functions are useless but to be able to reply to messages and multitask without skipping a beat? These features are quite priceless and I won't trade any amount of Google for them.
    Ya instant replies to Text Messages, Whatsapps, and BBMs are the most underrated feature on BB10 and I don't know if I can live without them on a device.

10-13-15 01:29 PM

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2639 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    There is a certain degree of customization Android OEMs can have to differentiate their devices but they still have to follow Android CTS guidelines to get a license from Google. That said there are some launchers/apps and custom roms that can map gestures to actions which Google doesn't care about since its user installed.

Short answer: BB10 gestures aren't coming to Priv or any other BB Android device.
    10-13-15 01:51 PM
    There is a certain degree of customization Android OEMs can have to differentiate their devices but they still have to follow Android CTS guidelines to get a license from Google. That said there are some launchers/apps and custom roms that can map gestures to actions which Google doesn't care about since its user installed.

Short answer: BB10 gestures aren't coming to Priv or any other BB Android device.
    True. We also shouldn't forget it's Android, not BB10. For my part, I'm happy that BlackBerry seems to go with quite a basic Android version without much UI customization. Those things mostly go wrong as extensive UIs tend to involve more bugs and decrease performance.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:12 PM
    It's officially confirmed by BlackBerry.

Carphone warehouse has a Hands On Video about the BB Priv and it's amazing. See here below the link.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:34 AM
    It's officially confirmed by BlackBerry.

Carphone warehouse has a Hands On Video about the BB Priv and it's amazing. See here below the link.

Posted via CB10
    Wow

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:49 AM
30 12