I am using my phone for exactly 2 hrs and 15min
    Battery was 100 %, now it's at 48 %
    All I did was use whatsapp and check Instagram and my emails!
    My phone is 3 months old
    Location disabled, no apps running
    Whats a girl to do ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-11-16 10:49 AM
    You probably have a bunch of stuff running in the Back ground.
    03-11-16 12:59 PM
    Call BlackBerry Support at: 1-866-533-8067

Posted from my Priv
    03-11-16 01:34 PM
    You probably have a bunch of stuff running in the Back ground.
    Is there a quick way to find those secretly running apps - Not the BOX-Icon (recently running), but the others. I've used Task manager but you have to Press/Hold on each App, go to Settings, Force Stop and then Okay that.

I'd like an app that might present those apps in a table format where I can tap a checkbox, down the line and then Force Stop them all!
    03-11-16 03:22 PM
    I have absolutely nothing running in the backround

03-11-16 05:44 PM
    A couple hours later fully recharged, same usage, battery is fine
    It's only when its hot that it drains it fast

03-11-16 05:45 PM
    Is there a quick way to find those secretly running apps - Not the BOX-Icon (recently running), but the others. I've used Task manager but you have to Press/Hold on each App, go to Settings, Force Stop and then Okay that.

I'd like an app that might present those apps in a table format where I can tap a checkbox, down the line and then Force Stop them all!
    In android you no need to close app ,it has its own ram management so next time you open the app it won't need to reload the app again
    FF22 likes this.
    03-11-16 06:24 PM
    In android you no need to close app ,it has its own ram management so next time you open the app it won't need to reload the app again
    Thanks. So apps or certain apps are NOT actually running when I shift my focus away from them? Now for the comparisons but only for info. On my Z30, when I ran Nogago Tracks (great for tracking hikes and bike rides) and finished up with it, I'd "swipe-close" it. Fine. But if I opened Task Manager (an android app by Bytehamster), I'd find it was still running (or at least there was some aspect of it shown as running). Was it using my Z30 battery in that state - I think so because there's be a greater battery hit if I left it like that for hours whereas no hit if I used Task Manager to "force-close" it. I'd also find Google ID, or Starbucks or some other Android apps running in there. OH, yeah, Amazon app store.

So maybe that's not the case with a REAL Android phone. But when I looked last night using TaskManager, there was about 10 apps shown that were NO longer in the Recent-apps Carousel including Nogago, Starbucks and others.

Just trying to learn. I realize the re-opening some of them might take more power than leaving them alone but I use Starbucks (yes, I'm not a good Seattleite) once a month maybe and Nogago once a week or so.

Thanks.
    03-11-16 07:32 PM
    Used phone 90 minutes
    Just fb and instagram
    Left with 54 percent
    Location is of
    Nothing else is running

03-18-16 11:35 AM
    Do a full restart (hold power button for 30+ seconds) and see how it goes after.

After updating everything I waited 10 minutes and did a hard restart and have had a glorious experience so far.

03-18-16 02:59 PM
    Can you take a picture of your battery consumption for us to have a look?

Attached Thumbnails will battery improve ?-9964.jpg  
    03-19-16 10:44 AM
    Doesn't matter what, battery socks. And the heat is persistent.

03-19-16 11:37 PM
    Doesn't matter what, battery socks. And the heat is persistent.

Try an autoloader

03-20-16 09:44 AM
    Try using Greenify, was struggling to get 10 hours before and now get a full day, 18 hours and still have 30% plus left each day. Have it set as one of my swipe shortcuts so use it to lock the screen as well. Great app. Good luck

03-20-16 05:37 PM
    I have great battery. Can last me all day as long as I avoid certain apps or games. I use pinterest sometimes and it drains battery quick and makes it hot. Facebook did too so I deleted Facebook and just use the browser.

I did have an instance a few months ago where it was constantly hot and drained uber quick but then I reset phone and it was fine the rest of the charge.

This got me to download "OS Monitor" and "GSam" so I could watch what was using CPU and found it was because an app I was using to handle WiFi when I come and go from home, wasn't shutting off right when I left home causing it to work harder. At least I think that was the app cause I haven't had any issue since deleting it

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    03-22-16 06:32 AM
    Hi!

Now that BB10 it's going directly to the graveyard I need to know about the battery life of the Priv.

The second thing I love on BB OS it's the battery life, on my Passport I got around 3 days of battery (few calls, lot of whatsapps, facebook messages and lots of email).

Looking at this thread it seems the battery use of the priv in comparison with the Passport it's very very bad

I don't know if the Priv has the legendary push technology of the Blackberry OS. This technology relies on the blackberry servers to get the notifications of new messages, whatsapp messages, .... instead of doing it locally on the cell phone. Thinking about the Priv uses the native android apps and the hub it's a fake copy of the Blackberry OS hub I'm thinking about the battery use of the Priv should be like other Android chell phones.

Regards
    03-22-16 06:49 AM
    I've noticed that with the March security update, my battery life (as well as charging times) has improved significantly. My battery life is on par with what my Passport had.

Dallas Johnson2 likes this.
    03-22-16 07:19 AM
    vespajet: Nice info, thx!
    03-22-16 09:06 AM
    I am using my phone for exactly 2 hrs and 15min
    Battery was 100 %, now it's at 48 %
    All I did was use whatsapp and check Instagram and my emails!
    My phone is 3 months old
    Location disabled, no apps running
    Whats a girl to do ?

You must have some apps running in the background that are eating your battery.

03-22-16 09:19 AM
    My battery power has been awful today. No apps open, I use greenify and cool master to shut down background apps but it has just drained so fast. 1hr23 screen on time since a full charge this morning at 11 am and I am down to 39% at 1500. I'm really not a heavy user. Google services seems to be more active than usual.

In general I get 4 to 5 hours screen on time, but occasionally like today things are really bad.

I like my priv but battery power is the biggest let down for me.
    03-22-16 11:18 AM
    Hi!

Now that BB10 it's going directly to the graveyard I need to know about the battery life of the Priv.

The second thing I love on BB OS it's the battery life, on my Passport I got around 3 days of battery (few calls, lot of whatsapps, facebook messages and lots of email).

Looking at this thread it seems the battery use of the priv in comparison with the Passport it's very very bad

I don't know if the Priv has the legendary push technology of the Blackberry OS. This technology relies on the blackberry servers to get the notifications of new messages, whatsapp messages, .... instead of doing it locally on the cell phone. Thinking about the Priv uses the native android apps and the hub it's a fake copy of the Blackberry OS hub I'm thinking about the battery use of the Priv should be like other Android chell phones.

Regards
    Coming from the passport I have experienced about 20 % less battery life on the Priv.
    BlackBerry OS 10 had nothing to do with BlackBerry servers , things work same as on any Android or IOS devices in view of mails and messages .
    Hub on the Priv works quite well and although not yet exactly as on OS 10 I am quite happy with it.
    03-22-16 02:19 PM
    Sadly my battery is bad again
    Is there anyone that can help me
    I barely get use out of it
    I'm out 2 hrs
    So no wifi, location off
    Zero apps running
    Down from 96 to 42 in 2 hours

05-15-16 05:43 PM
    Since getting MM my battery life is wonderful! I can go a full day and still have 50% left.

Brian

05-15-16 06:43 PM
    Greenify never seems to work for me what is it supposed to do

05-15-16 08:04 PM
    Sadly my battery is bad again
    Is there anyone that can help me
    I barely get use out of it
    I'm out 2 hrs
    So no wifi, location off
    Zero apps running
    Down from 96 to 42 in 2 hours

Are you Marshmallow? If so, then hold power button down for at least 32 seconds. It does a reset of phone without losing data.

Posted via my Priv
    05-15-16 08:25 PM
35 12