I've updated my priv to the latest marshmallow patch/update. I had limited wifi connection for little after the update and I've since been unable to join any networks. Upon entering a password it says "saved" under the network and then there is no wifi symbol at the top of my page. I've tried resetting my phone, forgetting/re connecting to my network, and even re booting my router. My wifi is working on all my other devices in my home so it's obviously my priv. Anyone else experiencing similar issue? I hope this gets fixed immediately.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-16 01:09 AM
    If you did a factory reset, and your still having issues.... might be a hardware problem.

Boot into safe mode, and test the WiFi. If it still isn't working, you'll want to have the hardware repaired.
    06-08-16 07:15 AM
    Just now I could not connect to a wifi network in a hotel, even though both my other Samsung phone and my laptop have no issues. I updated to Marshmallow yesterday.....
    06-08-16 07:35 AM
    Just now I could not connect to a wifi network in a hotel, even though both my other Samsung phone and my laptop have no issues. I updated to Marshmallow yesterday.....
    Glad I'm not the only one. Funny, cause i first noticed this at the airport, and i thought nothing of it because it was just crappy airport wifi.

06-08-16 09:04 AM
    If you did a factory reset, and your still having issues.... might be a hardware problem.

Boot into safe mode, and test the WiFi. If it still isn't working, you'll want to have the hardware repaired.
    How could it be hardware based? It cant just break can it? How do i do this reset safely without losing data

06-08-16 09:06 AM

Wifi still isn't working in safe mode

06-08-16 09:36 AM
    Here's something I captured on Safe Mode (including references to some apps which might be ignored in your case)

Safe Mode

Reboot the phone in Safe Mode (Press and hold power key, when prompted to power down or reboot, hold power down for 3 seconds - you will be prompted if you want to reboot in safe mode)

Try to listen to music and watch/listen to a video using the native apps - Google Play Music and Google Photos (for video). In Safe mode, all 3rd party apps are suspended.

If it works for those apps, reboot again (will take you out of safe mode). Mine worked as expected on Amazon Music after the reboot. This apparently clears the cache of any gremlins. One note however, it may take a bit longer once you reboot to access everything since the apps are reactivating after being suspended.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    06-08-16 09:36 AM
    How could it be hardware based? It cant just break can it? How do i do this reset safely without losing data

Could the hardware just break... sure. Now could there be a setting of software issue, that is more likely - that is why you should try safe mode and/or a factory reset to eliminate the software issue. (as I don't see a rash of Wi-Fi problems for the PRIV or Marshmallow). Now you said ANY networks so I'm assuming you have tried on a number.. sometimes one or two routers might not play well. but not all of them. (With one version of BB10 I couldn't get me Z10 to connect to any router unless I used the WPS to connect)

Do the safe mode test first

Press and hold the power button to bring up your Power off and Reboot options
    Press and hold Power Off
    Press OK the reboot in safe mode

To get out of safe mode, just do a normal reboot.

To do a Factory Reset.... From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Without losing data depends on if you use Google to back most everything... But for testing you really don't want to restore all your data.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-16 09:39 AM
    Could the hardware just break... sure. Now could there be a setting of software issue, that is more likely - that is why you should try safe mode and/or a factory reset to eliminate the software issue. (as I don't see a rash of Wi-Fi problems for the PRIV or Marshmallow). Now you said ANY networks so I'm assuming you have tried on a number.. sometimes one or two routers might not play well. but not all of them. (With one version of BB10 I couldn't get me Z10 to connect to any router unless I used the WPS to connect)

Press and hold Power Off

To do a Factory Reset.... From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone. Without losing data depends on if you use Google to back most everything... But for testing you really don't want to restore all your data.
    I just did the safe mode test. Still a no go. It'll say "connecting, obtaining IP address, and then just "saved"". Won't actually ever have internet access. Here's my next question. How do I safely backup my Android phone before attempting a factory reset. My main concern is my contacts. All of my thousands of pictures are on my SD card.

06-08-16 09:44 AM
    Wifi still isn't working in safe mode

Do the factory reset...

Then contact support where you bought the PRIV to see about a warranty repair or replacement.
    06-08-16 09:44 AM
    Download BlackBerry Virtual Expert from Google Play if you do not already have it and run the connectivity tests
    06-08-16 09:56 AM
    Download BlackBerry Virtual Expert from Google Play if you do not already have it and run the connectivity tests
    All it did was scan for my networks. It's showing me already my network list. My problem is i can't successfully get internet access. Obviously the wifi radio is working if it can search available networks no?

06-08-16 10:05 AM
    been on the phone with blackberry for an hour just troubleshooting...I would hope I get a new device by the end of this process otherwise I will not be a happy camper considering I've been on the phone with them this long unable to continue with my day!
    06-08-16 11:37 AM
    yes, i would think so.. Have you looked in the Settings>Wi-Fi>tap on three dots in top right hand corner>Advanced and see if the Wi-Fi frequency band is set to Automatic?
    06-08-16 12:21 PM
    been on the phone with blackberry for an hour just troubleshooting...I would hope I get a new device by the end of this process otherwise I will not be a happy camper considering I've been on the phone with them this long unable to continue with my day!
    Let us know how it goes... might help someone else.
    06-08-16 01:51 PM
    Hey nucks26.. Any update on your issue? Thanks
    06-09-16 08:59 AM

Press and hold Power Off

I did all this - and in Safemode - I could run Youtube video with no problem. I restart - and back in normal mode - but now I get msg: WIFI connection Failure, I'd also put MAC into Wireless in router. My new Priv is working. I lost the connection WIFI after I installed the LG TV Remote control application - so I presume its some software trouble. Remote worked just a day, before I lost WIFI. I Uninstalled booth LG applications.
    09-23-17 03:01 PM