Thinking of hopping from Verizon to AT&T for this one and was wondering if it does Wifi calling?
    11-03-15 04:41 PM
    Right now, I believe, AT&T is only pushing wifi-calling for iPhones... unless something has changed? T-Mo will likely have it if they carry the Priv.

This:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=MN8gDuYk
    11-03-15 07:56 PM
    Not sure about AT&T, but any Android phone with 5.1.1 or greater should work fine with WiFi calling as long as there is a T-Mobile SIM inserted. I think AT&T has moved to the same availability but I guess we'll know more in a few days!
    11-03-15 08:34 PM
    Waiting for Wind to break the Canadian market wide open with WiFi calling.
    11-03-15 09:18 PM
    @llamax I see what you did there...wind, breaking???

Unlocked Z30, 10.3.2.2789 on AT&T
    11-03-15 09:39 PM
    Not sure about AT&T, but any Android phone with 5.1.1 or greater should work fine with WiFi calling as long as there is a T-Mobile SIM inserted. I think AT&T has moved to the same availability but I guess we'll know more in a few days!
    If you look at the link I provided, you'll see at&t only using it on iPhones for now. As far as ANY Android device working on T-Mo with wifi-calling, not sure that's true. IF t-mo allows it. They allowed WFC on BBerry models they sold -- Z1- & Q10 -- but now, with 2.789, tehy are allowing any BB10 device to work. Do not think that's currently the case with Android devices.
    11-03-15 09:58 PM
    Anyone know how to initiate a Wi-Fi call on a Priv with a T-Mobile SIM inserted?
    11-15-15 01:39 PM
    Anyone know how to initiate a Wi-Fi call on a Priv with a T-Mobile SIM inserted?
    I just inserted the Sim and the WiFi calling started working. I made my first call thru WiFi. Check if your e911 address is updated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 01:55 PM
    Thanks @elango87 - is there a different option to initiate a WFC? I tried selecting a contact to call, but it looks like a normal call.

Turned on airplane mode and left Wi-Fi on, but couldn't send texts.
    11-15-15 02:11 PM
    Thanks @elango87 - is there a different option to initiate a WFC? I tried selecting a contact to call, but it looks like a normal call.

Turned on airplane mode and left Wi-Fi on, but couldn't send texts.
    You have to turn WiFi calling on specifically in either phone settings or in the main settings.

11-15-15 03:01 PM
    Waiting for Wind to break the Canadian market wide open with WiFi calling.
    Rogers Wireless used to offer WiFi calling a few years ago.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 03:45 PM
    You have to turn WiFi calling on specifically in either phone settings or in the main settings.

I dint turn on anything. I don't see a setting to turn on WiFi calling either.

I had WiFi calling activated in my passport and it started working automatically.

11-15-15 04:40 PM
    I dint turn on anything. I don't see a setting to turn on WiFi calling either.

I had WiFi calling activated in my passport and it started working automatically.

Yeah sometimes the carriers just turn it on automatically upon a reboot.

But if they don't, you have to turn it on.

11-15-15 04:56 PM
    I was wrong. Just found the setting for wifi calling.

goto

Settings -> under wireless and networks, click More... You will find wi-fi calling menu...

11-15-15 07:31 PM
    I was wrong. Just found the setting for wifi calling.

goto

Settings -> under wireless and networks, click More... You will find wi-fi calling menu...

Right.

11-15-15 07:37 PM
    Thanks for pointing out the setting!

Via the T-Mobile site I verified I had Wi-Fi Calling as a feature. Went into this Priv, and I see the "Wi-Fi Calling Menu" settings.
    Turned it on but it's stuck on "Enabling..."
    11-26-15 09:52 AM
    I'm currently stuck and troubleshooting this issue. Either "calling..." forever OR I get a REG:99 error that has me playing around with my router settings. Between these two problems I can't seem to make sense of the core issue.
    11-05-16 04:38 PM
    @bkinfinite, what's your device and carrier?

Since I last posted, I've been able to conduct Wi-Fi calls from a Priv on T-Mobile. Eventually it just started working, which totally is not helpful to anyone on this forum.
    11-06-16 11:59 AM
    Wind just provided details on VoWiFi.
    11-23-16 10:10 AM
    No, that is not the case. I got an error message for WiFi calling on a non-branded phone on T-Mobile running 6.0. Tech support could not help since it was not a T-Mobile phone.
    11-23-16 10:34 AM
    No, that is not the case. I got an error message for WiFi calling on a non-branded phone on T-Mobile running 6.0. Tech support could not help since it was not a T-Mobile phone.
    How can I test wifi calling? I have a ShopBB UNlocked phone with a T-mobile sim card. If I turn on airplane mode and then re-enable wifi and try making a call, I get a prompt to "turn off airplane mode" which would turn on t-mobile cell service.
    11-23-16 03:43 PM
    Rogers Wireless used to offer WiFi calling a few years ago.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    I used to use it on my 8900 on Rogers in around 2010.
    11-23-16 07:46 PM
    I have been doing wifi with my att unlocked priv. It works fine most of the time.
    11-28-16 07:47 PM
    And I just called my house in airplane mode over the WiFi. But it must use the tower for something with log in because it said that I needed to log in when on wifi only.
    11-28-16 07:52 PM
    I know the op said they wanted to switch from Verizon but if it's just for WiFi calling we Verizon PRIV owners have it now. Thank goodness
    11-28-16 09:57 PM
55 123