I personally don't use snapchat or have any present need for it, but there are many people who use it; so if this is one of the reasons that's stopped them from BB phones before, then I say kudos that BlackBerry switched to Android.
    Wow, there are still level-headed people left on here lol! You acknowledged that others use a social app without deriding them!

But seriously, I agree. They cannot overcome the lack of app development of major apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 06:39 PM
    I voted Maybe, but in all reality I'll most likely get it. I'm a huge fan of the touch capacitive pkb on the Passport, and very intrigued by the swipe up on letters for the vkb (good one handed usage). I already own several Android devices so I'm not afraid of the change in OS (but I do like BB10). Besides, as soon as it launches there will probably be lots of forum posts in CB about turning off certain services and protecting privacy - which you can actually do to a large degree in Android if you take the time to read...

Change is good, especially if the status quo isn't working. Hopefully enough Android users are drawn to the Slider to make it a viable venture for BlackBerry. And hopefully Chen prices this inaugural device appropriately to move in the market, and releases it soon (by early November latest). And it hopefully follows that BlackBerry puts the time and effort into bringing over all of the best, unique things about BBOS and BB10 into future devices moving forward.

And if it's successful, I really hope they look at a Passport variant, especially a Slider. I love the wider screen for text, it could be a variant on Samsung's Note but with a touch capacitive pkb.
    10-03-15 06:40 PM
    The form factor, at least from what is available to look at online, has me intrigued. While not a huge app user, there are some that simply won't work on BlackBerry, even with patching. Thus, these two will allow me to continue using a BlackBerry, which I've always found to be of good quality.
    10-03-15 06:41 PM
    I personally don't use snapchat or have any present need for it, but there are many people who use it; so if this is one of the reasons that's stopped them from BB phones before, then I say kudos that BlackBerry switched to Android.
    On a side note, BlackBerry is still definitely going to have to spend marketing money on the Slider (or should). They have to let people know that the Slider runs on Android at a minimum. Certainly Android enthusiasts will be aware of that, but the average person certainly won't.
    10-03-15 06:43 PM
    Finally, a positive thread on the Priv from the BlackBerry community! I like what I'm hearing throughout. I've never had an Android, but pleased by how customizable it is based on folks' statements. I want to support BlackBerry and think this is a good business decision. BlackBerry has security and productivity features to distinguish itself, along with the PKB. I'm really looking forward to having access to all apps and updates! This is what a modern smartphone should be. I'll miss the flow of my Passport, but will still have the Hub, which is most important. Hoping to be able to keep BBM video since I'll still be on a BlackBerry device.

Passport on AT&T
    10-03-15 08:12 PM
    This. I think pretty much everyone who buys one in here will buy it because they haven't had the opportunity in a while to upgrade to something they felt was worthy of an upgrade since the Z30, if they didn't have any interest in the Passport.
    That's my reasoning for sure. Love my Z30 but if BlackBerry isn't going to update it with a successor, then I might as well try out the Android Variant.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-03-15 09:05 PM
    I'm not sold. I'll wait for the dust to settle after release and see what the reviews, user community, and XDA folks think of it.

Or how much will the BB Suites software sell for? Then consider the cost of just getting the Moto X PE alond with the suite. This method will be carrier-free so the OS updates would be quicker. Or even choose the Nexus 6P + BB Suite.

I want to know how fast this slider will receive updates, be it OS or security patches. Cause right now BB10 devices chained to a carrier, update slowness is not acceptable.
    chalx likes this.
    10-03-15 09:42 PM
    Three things for me:

1. The Hub
    2. PKB
    3. Camera

So I'll give the Priv a go.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:25 PM
    The Hub, Physical KB, Apps and 5.5 inch screen

My Pin: vicks80
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-03-15 11:16 PM
    Because it's a BlackBerry.
    10-03-15 11:27 PM
    I'm not sold. I'll wait for the dust to settle after release and see what the reviews, user community, and XDA folks think of it.

Or how much will the BB Suites software sell for? Then consider the cost of just getting the Moto X PE alond with the suite. This method will be carrier-free so the OS updates would be quicker. Or even choose the Nexus 6P + BB Suite.
    As a user I totally agree -I would wait to see a future of BB exp. suite before buying it. But as a corporate IT guy I will strongly recommend this phone for a next year equipment renewal.
    10-04-15 06:29 AM
    I think the opportunity to win back mobile phones customers at higher rate is critical now.
    If BlackBerry need to provide a BlackBerry android phone for that it is OK on my side. We still can purchase bb10 phones actually.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 07:01 AM
    Because it's a slider, Good camera, cool screen, keyboard option, and cuz I just don't care about which OS it is any more. To got the hub and BBM. Which are the biggest reasons I never switched.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 07:35 AM
    It has a BlackBerry logo on it.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    AnimalPak200 and BB_PP like this.
    10-04-15 09:15 AM
    Well I would much prefer a bb10 slider. But the way things are going BlackBerry has to generate revenue via hardware and I bet they will. I will still keep my passport for A-one year then I will buy the bbflagship that will be out at that moment
    10-04-15 09:27 AM
    An android BlackBerry is the death of BlackBerry. I will never buy an android phone or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 10:05 AM
    An android BlackBerry is the death of BlackBerry. I will never buy an android phone or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Think you're in the wrong thread...

Passport on AT&T
    10-04-15 10:07 AM
    It has a BlackBerry logo on it.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    I like your honesty... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 10:54 AM

I want to know how fast this slider will receive updates, be it OS or security patches. Cause right now BB10 devices chained to a carrier, update slowness is not acceptable.
    If you buy from the website you're not chained to any carrier
    10-04-15 03:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is dying anyway if they don't change anything... So they have nothing to loose
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-04-15 03:10 PM
    Blackberry is dying anyway if they don't change anything... So they have nothing to loose
    I won't go as far as saying "BlackBerry is dying", maybe one can say the hardware division was slowly dying but some of the other divisions and subsidiaries were still profitable, albeit not a lot profitable. The dead weight "hardware division" had to be righted or relieved as quickly as possible.
    10-04-15 04:55 PM
    Slider
    Android secured by BlackBerry
    PKB
    BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:58 PM
    The form factor! The Torch was/is my favorite BB device of all time, the satisfying "snak" sound it made when you slid it open or closed. Hopefully BB can reproduce this visceral IMHO experience with the Priv.
    Agreed. For me it's the same, the Torch was my favourite phone of all time - at the time. If they can recreate that, I'm there!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:19 PM
    Hub. Hub. Hub.
    10-04-15 06:49 PM
    BlackBerry + apps!
    10-05-15 08:10 AM
85 1234