It's been a year with the passport and I am very excited for Priv.

I usually get the newest flagship from blackberry, as long it has hub.. I'm sold
    10-02-15 03:23 PM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 04:10 PM
    Cuz, I can Snapchat

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it amazing how much easier things will get when BlackBerry embarks on the Android OS, eh?
    10-02-15 08:45 PM
    Slider

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639
    10-03-15 07:36 AM
    Slider, Android OS, Edges and the BlackBerry Style!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 07:50 AM
    Physical keyboard is the only reason, only reason. I want this phone to do well so other manufactures release a phone with a physical keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-03-15 07:51 AM
    Lots of things but my top 3 are:

1. Android - as much as I am a bb10 fan, having everything synced through Google will make my life easier.

2. Slider - keyboard and full touch? I'll take it!

3. It's still a BlackBerry - I'm not a fan boy but BlackBerry tends to make products that suit my personal use-case better than other manufactures.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:22 AM
    The BlackBerry Facebook app needs an update so desperately it's embarrassing.
    why would that matter now?
    10-03-15 09:39 AM
    I absolutely love the physical keyboard on my current BlackBerry Classic. Check on the Priv. I miss a couple of applications that android allows. Check on the Priv. Latest BlackBerry device being released...have the have it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:01 AM
    Sold on Priv because :

High end phone with BlackBerry features like HUB
    I am tired of trying to figure out work arounds for most things I want to do with my phone
    App support for BB10 is dropping off. MLB and NHL apps come to mind.
    There is no high end Blackberry 10 handset anywhere in sight

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-03-15 11:31 AM
    I'm not sold on the priv at all. Probably one of the ugliest phones out there right beside the Galaxy 6 edge.

This curved screen "fad" is horrid. Cant wait for it to go away.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-03-15 11:36 AM
    I would like to have a bigger screen but also keep a keyboard. I would like apps to work and keep getting updated. I would not like to have to defer to my wife's Galaxy because I cannot easily check sports scores, remotely control our cable, or get correct directions. I would like a phone that supports apps I need for work. I used to tinker with my Q10, but I just don't have time anymore. It is about convenience at this point for me. And maybe this convenience comes at a price, but security issues have not stopped millions from using Android phones. I don't hear of breaches and identity theft occurring at pandemic rates. If that was the case, we would stop using our computers then too. But the world moves on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 10-03-15 at 11:57 AM.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-03-15 11:45 AM
    Isn't it amazing how much easier things will get when BlackBerry embarks on the Android OS, eh?
    omg.... snapchat. yes. dreams will be made now.
    10-03-15 01:06 PM
    There is no high end Blackberry 10 handset anywhere in sight

Posted via CrackBerry App
    guess you missed the Passport.
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-03-15 01:07 PM
    form factor
    10-03-15 02:10 PM
    I am not 100% sold on the Priv as of yet but am accepting the idea of an Android powered BlackBerry more and more with each day.

A big part of it for me is the understanding that Android does not equal Google; that there is an entire community out there of coders, hackers, enthusiasts, and hobbyists who tinker with the real AOSP to the tune of being in the millions. From this, and more so from a truer Linux Android perspective, I know that there will be a segment of this community who will gravitate towards the Priv, find "solutions" to concerns not addressed by BlackBerry, and generally build cool things around it. Outside of the very small handful of individuals who took this hobbyist attitude to BB10, this type of community is foreign to the average BB10/BBOS user.

The reality is that the typical BlackBerry user is simply interested in consuming what-ever BlackBerry is selling for the most part and puts trust into BlackBerry to develop everything. This other world, XDA for example, opens up an entire new realm that would never be possible with BB10.

The other big part is that I am buying into Chen's, and Kliedermacher's security vision not only for the Priv but for the future of BlackBerry in general. Yesterday's webinar was pretty cool and I am stoked not only for the Priv but for the future of BlackBerry as a whole.

Other things to consider are that it will be on Verizon. I am not loyal to Verizon or anything, but just that with my employer discount and being on a family plan they are the cheapest option for me right now. If the Passport and/or SE were at Verizon that is the phone I would likely be buying right now to replace my Z10, but alas, it is not.

Then there are the little things. Being an Android users should have the ability to install new themes, icons, widgets, and so on. To add, it would be far easier for me to develop my own icons/themes at home for Android than it would for BB10 any day of the week. Not that I would necessarily want to do that but just being something that goes along with my first paragraph; if I wanted to there is an entire hobbyists community out there to help me along; I would not have to rely on any one official channel.

Barring any new leak of a new BlackBerry, wether BB10 or otherwise, before the launch of the Priv, this is the phone I am most likely to purchase at this point in time.
    Good post... you've helped me see more of an android bright side. I just don't want Google all up in my grill but do like a basic non techie tinkering with healthy dose of privacy preferences and security features built in.
    10-03-15 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry with Apps

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    10-03-15 03:28 PM
    Slider is my favorite form factor.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:45 PM
    To maximize any possibility for success, I would imagine Google services need to be included.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:49 PM
    To maximize any possibility for success, I would imagine Google services need to be included.
    I agree, but I wonder if some services will be disabled or deemphasized by default in the name of privacy? It will be interesting to see, for example, if the Google Now first time wizard is changed. Will BB move that or alter it?

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    10-03-15 03:53 PM
    I agree, but I wonder if some services will be disabled or deemphasized by default in the name of privacy? It will be interesting to see, for example, if the Google Now first time wizard is changed. Will BB move that or alter it?

Are their any stipulations to using Android given by the OHA?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:01 PM
    Are their any stipulations to using Android given by the OHA?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know the details of that for things like Google now.

If the Priv has the same setup as other android phones, though, and users turn on the same suggested features, then is the privacy any better than any other phone? I'm curious to see how they handle this.

10-03-15 04:08 PM
    I don't know the details of that for things like Google now.

If the Priv has the same setup as other android phones, though, and users turn on the same suggested features, then is the privacy any better than any other phone? I'm curious to see how they handle this.

How many Android phones don't use Google services besides the failed Amazon one?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:13 PM
    omg.... snapchat. yes. dreams will be made now.
    I personally don't use snapchat or have any present need for it, but there are many people who use it; so if this is one of the reasons that's stopped them from BB phones before, then I say kudos that BlackBerry switched to Android.
    10-03-15 04:55 PM
    I personally don't use snapchat or have any present need for it, but there are many people who use it; so if this is one of the reasons that's stopped them from BB phones before, then I say kudos that BlackBerry switched to Android.
    doubt it would be. that kinda crowd wouldn't even flinch at the name, let alone spend top dollar. i would give them kudos, but they chose android only which is a foul move on a lot of people's perspectives.
    10-03-15 06:34 PM
85 1234