I've seen a lot of comments about how great Yaata is or Textra, some other comments of people asking how to replace the Verizon SMS that comes by default because (they say) is garbish. My question is: Why you guys say that?
    I've used it and so I've used the very popular Yaata and even Textra, and I'm always back to the Verizon one. I think it is really awesome. Why you don't like it? How are Yaakata and Textra better that Message+?
    FF22 and NdBlu14 like this.
    03-20-16 10:22 AM
    Don't know about Verizon sms I'm on at+t. The native at+t/android sms app doesn't have as much customizations as far as theme/individual contact LED + audio notifications/ reminder alerts for missed texts/ couldn't use enter key as send as in prior BlackBerry devices, etc. Also at the beginning (I've had my Priv since launch Nov 2015) the native app didn't always allow photos to be attached.

Maybe Verizon corrected flaws before they made the Priv available?!

Hope you enjoy tour new device!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-20-16 10:37 AM
    I just switched from AT&T stock Messenger to Verizon+ and it's not as easy to use. Very customizable but bulky.

STV 100-2 AAD797
    03-20-16 12:00 PM
    I'm using the Verizon messenger and really like it. I have all the customization I need with it aside from one thing, naming group chats. It may even be there but I haven't found it yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    NdBlu14 likes this.
    03-20-16 12:00 PM
    I've seen a lot of comments about how great Yaata is or Textra, some other comments of people asking how to replace the Verizon SMS that comes by default because (they say) is garbish. My question is: Why you guys say that?
    I've used it and so I've used the very popular Yaata and even Textra, and I'm always back to the Verizon one. I think it is really awesome. Why you don't like it? How are Yaakata and Textra better that Message+?
    I really don't do texting. I'm on a very old plan from Verizon and don't have a text allowance. But since I do get them occasionally I had a friend (I email her) send me one the other day. It came in the verizon app and showed in the Hub. That was all I really needed. I even replied. The interface left me a bit confused on how I would initiate one. But I guess you hit CONTACTS and find someone???

So my needs are limited and it appeared to work.

But I will read this thread to see what others have to say.
    03-20-16 12:26 PM
    The true advantage of Verizon's messaging app is that you can text over Wi-Fi.
    03-20-16 12:46 PM