Little to big for me. Don't need a big curved screen as a mobile device. After 8 months with the Classic and all the cost involved in changing phones, I'm thinking the 9900 or Q10 is the perfect size. Besides when your home just jump on the PC.

For a woman it's easy just put it in your purse, but a man has to carry it in a holster or brief case. Either case not to easy to answer the phone. Might be perfect with a smart watch. Who knows? Still might need a second device.

Humm just found something being a woman is less expensive!

Whatever the initial cost is plan on adding $100 to $400+ for accessories, apps and possible wear goods or a second phone (plus $10-40/mo).

Edit: Not worried about the OS what BlackBerry does will be great and once again be the leader on mobile OS after the bugs are worked out.
    The z30, passport, s6, ip6+ has all fit in my pocket just fine, jeans or any long pants

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-12-15 03:35 AM
    Everything under 5" is drying up fast.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kthhrrsn and Vistaus like this.
    08-14-15 12:57 PM
    That's a lot to carry, large phone or not!
    08-14-15 01:16 PM
    A passport would replace all that,and then you could carry a classic as a backup if you really felt the need.

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt and Vistaus like this.
    08-14-15 01:20 PM
    Reader mode makes reading on the Classic not so bad anymore.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-14-15 01:21 PM
    Maybe the curved screen make it looks thinner?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:41 PM
    Little to big for me. Don't need a big curved screen as a mobile device. After 8 months with the Classic and all the cost involved in changing phones, I'm thinking the 9900 or Q10 is the perfect size. Besides when your home just jump on the PC.

For a woman it's easy just put it in your purse, but a man has to carry it in a holster or brief case. Either case not to easy to answer the phone. Might be perfect with a smart watch. Who knows? Still might need a second device.

Humm just found something being a woman is less expensive!

Whatever the initial cost is plan on adding $100 to $400+ for accessories, apps and possible wear goods or a second phone (plus $10-40/mo).

Edit: Not worried about the OS what BlackBerry does will be great and once again be the leader on mobile OS after the bugs are worked out.
    It's not too big. I realize it seems subjective and that the marketplace just seems to prefer bigger screens because there's more real estate for mobile computing, apps, and games and works much better for reading content and docs. But, here's the thing, objectively, it's not too big. I mean, it'll fit in a man's dress slacks, suit pants, or short pockets easily. My Passport does and so does the larger iPhone 6 Plus. The only thing I can think is that, as a woman, you might have some problems because pockets don't seem to be as uniform, but as you mention, that's what a purse is for. For men, the Venice is not a huge phone. It won't be awkward. It will be smaller than most of the flagship devices that will outsell it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:49 PM
    Actually, I don't. I had terrible experiences with 5.5"phones. Aside for being awkward to carry, it's hard to use it with one hand. The slider have too many mechanism for a one-handed-use. Even if you got a touch sensitive keyboard, it doesn't change the fact that it's big, it's hard to carry and the size won't justify how long you can use it for a day. So yeah, common problem with Android phonea

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-15-15 10:24 AM
    Yes that might work if I didn't wear jeans and had to carry the 9900 and spare battery. My accessory pack when I leave the house:

9900 w/holster and spare battery
    Classic w/holster
    10kmAh Anker Charger w/case
    Cup of coffee

The Classic needs to be protected because it is heavy and I need a back up just in case the battery runs down because I forgot to charge it.

I would say the Slider be even more delicate and needs more protection.

If I was down to one small phone (with a removable battery) could just put it naked in my pocket with a spare and carry the cup of coffee.

Edit: Forgot Razor knife and case
    Why carry a 10,000 mAh brick in your pocket? Get a Motorola P4000 or Anker Astro Slim2, they're both about the size of a Z30 and have plenty of juice.
    08-15-15 10:57 AM
    Z30 is the upper limit for one handed usage for me, and I have large paws (Q5 = the size of my palm).

So, unless the Slider has a feather light screen and quite heavy keyboard to attain the proper cg (centre of gravity) it'd be an awkward fumbling experience at best.

 Q5 / Z30
    08-15-15 11:04 AM
    I'm still frustrated that BlackBerry decided to add the novelty edge display. They were already on track towards satisfying the spec-hungry users with the Slider having the latest hardware so adding an expensive screen with little practical benefit is just disappointing to me.

One can keep the keyboard hidden and just use the phone as an all-touch but the curved display is a glaring, decadent fixture whose costs in research and materials could have been better put towards more practical features like battery capacity, waterproofing, BBM telephony, sound...
    lift likes this.
    08-15-15 01:08 PM
    I'm still frustrated that BlackBerry decided to add the novelty edge display. They were already on track towards satisfying the spec-hungry users with the Slider having the latest hardware so adding an expensive screen with little practical benefit is just disappointing to me.

One can keep the keyboard hidden and just use the phone as an all-touch but the curved display is a glaring, decadent fixture whose costs in research and materials could have been better put towards more practical features like battery capacity, waterproofing, BBM telephony, sound...
    You don't get it, it will make your thumb slides too! I think they will fix it with new patch for their android front-end--interface. I guess after they've stopped supporting BB10, oh wait, that might be sooner than expected!
    08-15-15 01:39 PM

I think if they actually properly utilize the edges of the screen, it could work out for them.
    Make the left side hub'ish, meaning that it would show all the accounts in a small fashion(icons) and use the notification star over each account that has a notification and be able to tap each one individually to open said notification. Use the right side as a weather / music... etc widget.

I miss the days of the legacy super bar that had the weather constantly displayed. I know BB10 can due it with apps like homescreen ++, but for me, it rarely works correctly.

Via Passport via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-15-15 03:04 PM
    Why carry a 10,000 mAh brick in your pocket? Get a Motorola P4000 or Anker Astro Slim2, they're both about the size of a Z30 and have plenty of juice.
    Dont use the Anker's 10mAh except when I play cards for 10-14 hours at a wack. Or keep it in my car in case I forget to charge the Classic the night before. Most of this is solved now with the wireless charging ATT Classic and a dash mounted wireless charger. I'm a little extreme for "just in case" The 10k was the same price as the ones with less mAh and the case is my Classic case before I switched to a Siedio Surface case and holster. (edited: to Siedio)
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-16-15 at 04:44 AM.
    08-15-15 07:43 PM
    Something like this is what I mean for edge display support
    Why would you want a 5.4-Inch curved screen + pkb for a primary phone?-img_20150816_003310.png

Via Passport via CB10
    08-15-15 11:34 PM
    Oh that sweet OLED burn in with the hub icons always showing like that.

-sigh-

It's not gonna make use of it, we all know it.

FML
    08-15-15 11:55 PM
    You spend $100 to 400 in accessories? Wtf?!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 12:59 AM
    I think the z10 was the perfect size for someone under 45 or so, with your slim jeans and good eyes.. The z30 is easier to view everything and is just fine in pleated pants . Obviously, until we are all manufactured in the clone factory, we will need a few kinds of phone to satisfy everyone.
    Definitely agree, was sitting in bed last night trying to type on my Leap, it's just impossible to do so when you are on your side or lying on your back. So I switched over to my Q5 and all was well again.

Big phones (5.0+ inches) are great for browsing the Web, watching videos and taking photos but when it comes to ergonomic and needing to type in awkward positions, you just can't beat the compact Q5 and possibly Classic. Steve Jobs said it long ago, the best size screen is 3.5" inches and I still believe he is right

Via Blackberry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 06:15 AM
    You spend $100 to 400 in accessories? Wtf?!

Posted via CB10
    Case, holster (or sleeve), chargers, screen protector and apps minimum. Some people with big phones end up getting another phone.

Doesn't take long.

What would you buy for accessories? Do you carry 2 phones?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-17-15 at 06:52 AM.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-17-15 06:39 AM
    Case, holster (or sleeve), chargers, screen protector and apps minimum. Some people with big phones end up getting another phone.

Doesn't take long.

What would you buy for accessories? Do you carry 2 phones?
    Some people get bored of phone cases and buy different ones. I have a case that I use on a daily basis and a heavy duty case just incase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-17-15 08:06 AM
    The Slider will need some type of protection. Curved screen? Carrying it in your pants and dropping!
    08-17-15 08:23 AM
    The Slider will need some type of protection. Curved screen? Carrying it in your pants and dropping!
    Yeah I mean the Torch series always had the plastic edges to protect the screen, with curved edges I'm not sure where the protection will be! :s

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-17-15 08:33 AM
    Yeah I mean the Torch series always had the plastic edges to protect the screen, with curved edges I'm not sure where the protection will be! :s

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    If you carry it in your pocket you will have to be careful not to lean against it and you won't be able to have anyone sit on you lap!
    08-17-15 08:39 AM
    5.5 inches is the right size for a phone. Who wants to drag around a big brick or hold on to one during a long phone call? Phones should fit in a jacket pocket. If you need something larger use a 7 or 8 inch tablet. While women have the handbag advantage, there are times when you don't want to carry one, like at the beach.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-17-15 09:15 AM
    You must be a big guy to have pockets to fit the Passport. Your jean pockets would equal the size of my utility pockets. Lol I have a 30" waist

Posted via CB10
    I have a very small waist and my jeans' pockets are smaller than regular pockets yet my mum's Passport fits fine in my pockets.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-17-15 09:45 AM
75 123