I carry my Z30 in my pocket all the time, and it's no bigger/heavier than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Would you be able to carry the Slider?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:20 PM
    Would you be able to carry the Slider?

Posted via CB10
    Probably. I used to have a 9860 and then a Z10, and now a Z30. Each time I was worried about the extra bulk and each time I found after a few days I didn't notice it.

I carry a purse sometimes so I can bring along sunglasses, keys, cigarettes, etc and not have to over-stuff my pants, but even then my phone usually stays in my pocket for easy access.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:29 PM
    Because bigger is better. More surface area=better content experience.

Sent via Passport!
    08-09-15 10:53 PM
    Because bigger is better. More surface area=better content experience.

Sent via Passport!
    Not always, if I gave you an iPad (9.7") to use a your daily phone and you had to use it for 2 years I'm pretty sure you could annoyed because it's too big.

There is always a limit to everything, our hands are not getting any bigger, yet out phones are. I think we are in the testing phase right now. The companies out there are seeing what is the best screen size for devices.

I still believe the Classic with a 3.5" screen is the best. Or the Z10 with a 4.2" it gives you a nice large screen to work on but also keeps the device compact.

Sure having a 5.0" and bigger means you can view more and immerse yourself in the video you are watching but for me, I was once carring a Z30 and Leap on either pocket and it didn't feel very comfortable.

But then again, everyone has their own opinion and that's just mine. I think a 4.2" full touch and 3.5" qwerty are the best sizes

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    Robert Roger and Mr4aces like this.
    08-10-15 12:39 AM
    Not always, if I gave you an iPad (9.7") to use a your daily phone and you had to use it for 2 years I'm pretty sure you could annoyed because it's too big.

There is always a limit to everything, our hands are not getting any bigger, yet out phones are. I think we are in the testing phase right now. The companies out there are seeing what is the best screen size for devices.

I still believe the Classic with a 3.5" screen is the best. Or the Z10 with a 4.2" it gives you a nice large screen to work on but also keeps the device compact.

Sure having a 5.0" and bigger means you can view more and immerse yourself in the video you are watching but for me, I was once carring a Z30 and Leap on either pocket and it didn't feel very comfortable.

But then again, everyone has their own opinion and that's just mine. I think a 4.2" full touch and 3.5" qwerty are the best sizes

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    I'm biased due to the Passport. It's a big beast. To each there own.

Sent via Passport!
    08-10-15 12:49 AM
    Measured by the big success phablets have, there is certainly an audience. Also, if the new device can combine the best of BlackBerry and (maybe) Android, it could be a real success.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:32 AM
    I carry a big *** note 4 around. I think I'll be okay with the blackberry slider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-10-15 01:48 AM
    You must be a big guy to have pockets to fit the Passport. Your jean pockets would equal the size of my utility pockets. Lol I have a 30" waist

Posted via CB10
    Uh, same size as you and not a single issue with the Passport fitting in my pocket.

Been doing it at launch and have yet to find a single pocket that my trusted Passport can't fit into!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    DarkJoker33 and Mr4aces like this.
    08-10-15 06:06 AM
    You must take into consideration that as its curved screen there's literally no bezel at all the z30 for example has a huge *** bezel. I doubt the slider would be much bigger than the z30

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:17 AM
    Little to big for me. Don't need a big curved screen as a mobile device. After 8 months with the Classic and all the cost involved in changing phones, I'm thinking the 9900 or Q10 is the perfect size. Besides when your home just jump on the PC.

For a woman it's easy just put it in your purse, but a man has to carry it in a holster or brief case. Either case not to easy to answer the phone. Might be perfect with a smart watch. Who knows? Still might need a second device.

Humm just found something being a woman is less expensive!

Whatever the initial cost is plan on adding $100 to $400+ for accessories, apps and possible wear goods or a second phone (plus $10-40/mo).

Edit: Not worried about the OS what BlackBerry does will be great and once again be the leader on mobile OS after the bugs are worked out.
    I agree with you regarding device sizing. The 9900 was the absolute perfect size for one handed use. The Q10 isn't as comfortable in my experience and the newer phones are all so much larger. How long before the manufacturers offer a 19" screen for everyday phone use? Then there would still be people crying that it isn't big enough.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-10-15 06:34 AM
    Way to much to stuff in my pockets. But then, if I retired the Classic I would eliminate most of this and use the 99 naked
    Why would you want a 5.4-Inch curved screen + pkb for a primary phone?-img_20150807_122229.jpg
    08-10-15 07:51 AM
    5.4 inch without the keyboard out is to big im sorry just typing 2 hands on z30 is hard enough

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire, Mr4aces and lift like this.
    08-10-15 08:33 AM
    In response to the title of this thread, I wouldn't want one. With such a large screen and being a slider it is going to be thick. All in all it's just going to be way to big and bulky. Not a fan of PKB for daily driver anyway.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-10-15 01:11 PM
    I'd like one. I miss android apps, full screen youtube videos or pics, but I also want my pkb for messaging.

The curved screen part I don't like so much.. but for a decent price tag i'll buy it, regardless of OS. Although I suspect it's gonna be a BlackBerry hypervisor with android or bb os 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:31 PM
    You guys realize that size includes the edges... so it will probably be around 5.2-5.2.

The Z30 is a great size.

Still, hunk of junk running Android and with dumb curved screen. They can keep it.

I'll go buy an Android phone from a manufacturer who isn't full of crap.

FML
    lift likes this.
    08-10-15 01:42 PM
    You wouldn't. Blackberry is completely clueless about market potential.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Mr4aces like this.
    08-10-15 01:44 PM
    You must be a big guy to have pockets to fit the Passport. Your jean pockets would equal the size of my utility pockets. Lol I have a 30" waist

Posted via CB10
    32" waist here, i carry my AT&T passport in my pocket everyday.
    Regular dicky's for colder seasons and shorts in warmer(non dicky)

Is it a little weird at times? Yea, but I got used to it real quick.
    08-10-15 06:02 PM
    Its the keyboard lets see somone actually typing on it with 2 hands its way to tall

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-10-15 07:22 PM
    Once slide out

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 07:22 PM
    I can't wait. This will be my first opportunity to use a larger device and I think it will be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 08:15 PM
    The market has generally spoken as you can tell with the lack of devices in the sub-4.7" class.

Media consumption is driving it. People live on their devices now doing all sorts of crazy things.

Personally, I need something that size or otherwise I'll be needing my reading glasses all the time.

I find the Z30 effortless to carry around.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Shamir Autograph III unbelievable progressive lenses. Get them with the custom fit measurements.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 08:19 PM
    It would be nice to have the latest and greatest but this one is going to be to big and expensive. If I'm going to throw money at something, I "think" I would rather have a Porsche 9983.

Posted via CB10
    At a high this will be like $900 probably to keep in line with other flagship. You'd rather spend like $2k? Cool.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 09:25 PM
    At a high this will be like $900 probably to keep in line with other flagship. You'd rather spend like $2k? Cool.

Posted via CB10
    They are $1k on Amazon. The P9983 is a 3 or 4 year phone like the 9900. I'm tiring to justify this by cutting back to one phone and saving $500/year.

With the Slider I would have to have 2 phones.
    08-10-15 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's how much I paid for my note 4 when it first came out. Phones sure do drop in price quick though.

I probably won't wait for that slider to drop in price. I'm picking up that bad boy day one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-11-15 02:08 AM
    Steve Jobs said it long ago, the best size screen is 3.5" inches and I still believe he is right

Via Blackberry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    Which is precisely the Classic screen size, so I agree.

Posted with my  Classic
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-11-15 10:32 PM
75 123