Little to big for me. Don't need a big curved screen as a mobile device. After 8 months with the Classic and all the cost involved in changing phones, I'm thinking the 9900 or Q10 is the perfect size. Besides when your home just jump on the PC.

For a woman it's easy just put it in your purse, but a man has to carry it in a holster or brief case. Either case not to easy to answer the phone. Might be perfect with a smart watch. Who knows? Still might need a second device.

Humm just found something being a woman is less expensive!

Whatever the initial cost is plan on adding $100 to $400+ for accessories, apps and possible wear goods or a second phone (plus $10-40/mo).

Edit: Not worried about the OS what BlackBerry does will be great and once again be the leader on mobile OS after the bugs are worked out.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-09-15 at 08:00 AM.
    Smokeaire, FF22 and AdamThatsIt like this.
    08-09-15 07:47 AM
    I agree. I'm getting tired of having to dedicate two hands to operate a phone, especially just to type a quick text or email. I love my Passport but the Classic is looking better to me as a daily and convenient phone to use.
    Bigger isn't necessarily better.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    Mr4aces, FF22, John Doe99 and 2 others like this.
    08-09-15 08:01 AM
    It would be nice to have the latest and greatest but this one is going to be to big and expensive. If I'm going to throw money at something, I "think" I would rather have a Porsche 9983.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-09-15 08:07 AM
    I agree. I'm getting tired of having to dedicate two hands to operate a phone, especially just to type a quick text or email. I love my Passport but the Classic is looking better to me as a daily and convenient phone to use.

Then buy the Classic.... Problem solved!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-09-15 08:16 AM

Well I bought the Classic at launch. Just had to have a "Classic" to replace my 9900, because I was tired of battery pulls. After 8 months I'm in the upgrade $850+
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1032638
    And still use the 9900 as my work phone.

I started using the 9900 as a work phone because of the dirty environment, but the more I used it I realized I didn't need the bigger screen as much as I thought. So now the extra phone cost me $40/mo or $500 per year just so I have a bigger screen. To late now!

I have 3 "lines" on a month to month (phones paid for). Even with the $850+ investment in the ATT Classic, I would be cheaper for me to buy Q5 or Q10 and drop down to 2 lines and recoup my cost by putting the Classic and 9900 in the drawer.

Would I use a 5+ inch device? I don't think so only because it would be hard for me to carry it. Not because of the design or what it can or can not do. This could be what everybody wants. Who knows?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-09-15 at 08:31 AM.
    08-09-15 08:20 AM

Would I use a 5+ inch device? I don't think so only because it would be hard for me to carry it. Not because of the design or what it can or can not do. This could be what everybody wants. Who knows?

Posted via CB10
    The market has generally spoken as you can tell with the lack of devices in the sub-4.7" class.

Media consumption is driving it. People live on their devices now doing all sorts of crazy things.

Personally, I need something that size or otherwise I'll be needing my reading glasses all the time.

I find the Z30 effortless to carry around.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 08:29 AM
    Lots of people enjoy the multimedia aspect of it.
    Basically since I've gotten the passport I almost never bother going to my PC or laptop... even the tablet is collecting dust.

There is something to be said about having a giant screen without the virtual keyboard coming up to take up half the space. It's really easy to work on documents and just reading and browsing the Web in general is more enjoyable.

The slider would probably a nice phone though. People who are on the road a lot know the value of having a very large screen but that can still be easy to operate, unlike an iPad for example which is very difficult to use while holding in your hands unless you're just doing a quick youtube search.
    08-09-15 08:34 AM
    Totally agree. The size of the iphone is about as big as I find comfortable. Sure wish that was the size of the new slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:40 AM
    Then buy the Classic.... Problem solved!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    Your snarky reply indicates you didn't comprehend my post.

Mr4aces likes this.
    08-09-15 08:45 AM
    The market has generally spoken as you can tell with the lack of devices in the sub-4.7" class.

Media consumption is driving it. People live on their devices now doing all sorts of crazy things.

Personally, I need something that size or otherwise I'll be needing my reading glasses all the time.

I find the Z30 effortless to carry around.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Yes I know about reading glasses. I bought that dash mounted charger but I have to put my readers on to see it. The font on my phone is set at 9

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:47 AM
    Little to big for me. Don't need a big curved screen as a mobile device.

For a woman it's easy just put it in your purse, but a man has to carry it in a holster or brief case. Either case not to easy to answer the phone.
    Why wouldn't you just carry it in your pocket?

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve and DarkJoker33 like this.
    08-09-15 08:48 AM
    Lots of people enjoy the multimedia aspect of it.
    Basically since I've gotten the passport I almost never bother going to my PC or laptop... even the tablet is collecting dust.

There is something to be said about having a giant screen without the virtual keyboard coming up to take up half the space. It's really easy to work on documents and just reading and browsing the Web in general is more enjoyable.

The slider would probably a nice phone though. People who are on the road a lot know the value of having a very large screen but that can still be easy to operate, unlike an iPad for example which is very difficult to use while holding in your hands unless you're just doing a quick youtube search.
    Yes, never thought of the business person that travels or is mobile a lot. It would be easier to carry the phone in a brief case or in the car.

The Slider or Passport would be ideal for these people. Or someone going to school.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-09-15 at 09:42 AM.
    08-09-15 08:50 AM
    I find the 5" screen on the Z30 to be perfect size for the BB10 VKB and still maintain use of one hand for using the OS. I do have to extend my thumb quite a bit though to access pull down menu from the top. Not sure on anything bigger though. I'd need to hold it in my hands and see if Bb10 works with it. If Android I won't need to test it at all as I won't be waiting for BlackBerry to "work the bugs out" on something again.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 08:52 AM
    Why wouldn't you just carry it in your pocket?

Posted via CB10
    Your kidding right? The Classic is to big and heavy for pockets. Add keys and money and I might as well buy utility pants.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and John Doe99 like this.
    08-09-15 08:53 AM
    I find the 5" screen on the Z30 to be perfect size for the BB10 VKB and still maintain use of one hand for using the OS. I do have to extend my thumb quite a bit though to access pull down menu from the top. Not sure on anything bigger though. I'd need to hold it in my hands and see if Bb10 works with it. If Android I won't need to test it at all as I won't be waiting for BlackBerry to "work the bugs out" on something again.

Posted via Z30
    I know what you mean about working the bug out. Took them this long on BB10, but then JC was not at the helm.

The lack of a refined OS is why BlackBerry is where it is today. Legacy users didn't wanted the Q10 with the initial BB10. I turned down the Q10 at launch but would buy one now with "today's" BB10OS. The Q5 is a bargain.
    08-09-15 08:59 AM
    Your kidding right? The Classic is to big and heavy for pockets. Add keys and money and I might as well buy utility pants.

Posted via CB10
    Passport in my left pocket, belroy slim sleeve and keys in the right one

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 and Vistaus like this.
    08-09-15 09:06 AM

Definitely agree, was sitting in bed last night trying to type on my Leap, it's just impossible to do so when you are on your side or lying on your back. So I switched over to my Q5 and all was well again.

Big phones (5.0+ inches) are great for browsing the Web, watching videos and taking photos but when it comes to ergonomic and needing to type in awkward positions, you just can't beat the compact Q5 and possibly Classic. Steve Jobs said it long ago, the best size screen is 3.5" inches and I still believe he is right

Via Blackberry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-09-15 09:07 AM
    Passport in my left pocket, belroy slim sleeve and keys in the right one

Posted via CB10
    Yes that might work if I didn't wear jeans and had to carry the 9900 and spare battery. My accessory pack when I leave the house:

9900 w/holster and spare battery
    Classic w/holster
    10kmAh Anker Charger w/case
    Cup of coffee

The Classic needs to be protected because it is heavy and I need a back up just in case the battery runs down because I forgot to charge it.

I would say the Slider be even more delicate and needs more protection.

If I was down to one small phone (with a removable battery) could just put it naked in my pocket with a spare and carry the cup of coffee.

Edit: Forgot Razor knife and case
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-09-15 at 09:49 AM.
    08-09-15 09:25 AM
    Yes that might work if I didn't wear jeans and had to carry the 9900 and spare battery. My accessory pack when I leave the house:

9900 w/holster and spare battery
    Classic w/holster
    10kmAh Anker Charger w/case
    Cup of coffee

The Classic needs to be protected because it is heavy and I need a back up just in case the battery runs down because I forget to charge it.

I would say the Slider be even more delicate and need more protection.

If I was down to one small phone could just put it naked in my pocket and carry the cup of coffee.

Edit: Forgot Razor knife and case
    I don't have problem with jeans either, but with all those stuff you really should look into those utility pants after all

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, AnimalPak200 and Vistaus like this.
    08-09-15 09:29 AM
    I don't have problem with jeans either, but with all those stuff you really should look into those utility pants after all

Posted via CB10
    You must be a big guy to have pockets to fit the Passport. Your jean pockets would equal the size of my utility pockets. Lol I have a 30" waist

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    08-09-15 09:47 AM
    I don't care about the size but I do hate the curved screen. It's pretty much pointless and serves no purpose. If anything it will probably distort images on screen.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-09-15 09:57 AM
    I don't care about the size but I do hate the curved screen. It's pretty much pointless and serves no purpose. If anything it will probably distort images on screen.
    I don't get it either, but maybe all the rumors are false and it is fantastic. Who knows?
    It is also going to be harder to pack and protect. I slammed my Camaro's door on the Classic with a Surface case. because of the curve don't think the Slider would be undamaged.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    08-09-15 10:33 AM
    Definitely agree, was sitting in bed last night trying to type on my Leap, it's just impossible to do so when you are on your side or lying on your back. So I switched over to my Q5 and all was well again.

Big phones (5.0+ inches) are great for browsing the Web, watching videos and taking photos but when it comes to ergonomic and needing to type in awkward positions, you just can't beat the compact Q5 and possibly Classic. Steve Jobs said it long ago, the best size screen is 3.5" inches and I still believe he is right

Via Blackberry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing I would jump on the Q10 but the double typing issue scares me. Does anyone know if the replace keyboard solved that issue?
    08-09-15 10:35 AM
    I have a feeling they have decided to go with it to create the illusion that the sliding mechanism does not add that much bulk. By wrapping the 'visible' screen at the sides, it makes the real 'edges' look much thinner.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:42 AM
    I carry my Z30 in my pocket all the time, and it's no bigger/heavier than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 02:58 PM
75 123