I have two Privs in my hand. Full brightness with adaptive brightness disabled. One is substantially brighter than the other.

Why? They're both identical specifications wise.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-16-16 03:40 AM
    Because QC is that of tacobell at 1am

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-16-16 07:12 AM
    Hmmmm that's very interesting. I have 4 of them. I'm gonna try this out and see if there is a difference.
    04-16-16 07:21 AM
    Hmmmm that's very interesting. I have 4 of them. I'm gonna try this out and see if there is a difference.
    Whoaaa...rich lady...
    moody likes this.
    04-16-16 07:47 AM
    All four in this picture are set to brightest setting. I toggled adaptive brightness off and on and it didn't make a difference. The brightest one is mine. There are definitely differences. I'm thankful mines the bright one.
    04-17-16 04:00 PM
    So many inconsistencies with this product. But trust BlackBerry to make a half made product.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 04:21 PM
    All four in this picture are set to brightest setting. I toggled adaptive brightness off and on and it didn't make a difference. The brightest one is mine. There are definitely differences. I'm thankful mines the bright one.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d0ecb5eefb.jpg
    Have you also tweaked: Main Settings, Display, COLOR ADJUST...... White Balance and/or Saturation? Yours may be WARM while the bluish, COOL????
    moody and fanisk like this.
    04-17-16 05:46 PM
    Have you also tweaked: Main Settings, Display, COLOR ADJUST...... White Balance and/or Saturation? Yours may be WARM while the bluish, COOL????
    Oooo you know what? Yes mine IS tweaked! I forgot about that! I'm going to retest.

Also another thing I just though of my battery was around 80% and the other four at 49%. Not sure if that mattered but there was still a difference in one of them.

I'll test this again.
    04-17-16 06:04 PM
    OK so powered them all back up and made sure all settings were the same. Did make a difference. Only bottom left was still a little different but all basically the same.

(took pic w/ Passport. Hadn't realized how much pp camera sucks compared to Priv :|)

FF22 likes this.
    04-17-16 06:34 PM
    colour temperature of the display could factor in here perhaps.
    moody likes this.
    04-17-16 10:55 PM
    colour temperature of the display could factor in here perhaps.
    After the M update I found my priv not as bright as on lolipop when in direct sunlight I slide the brightness to the max usually I can see no problem but now kinda hard to see ,any idea?
    04-17-16 11:00 PM
    After the M update I found my priv not as bright as on lolipop when in direct sunlight I slide the brightness to the max usually I can see no problem but now kinda hard to see ,any idea?
    Oh that sucks! I'd rather stay on lollipop
    04-18-16 08:51 AM
    Wow! That's a lot of Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-16 09:31 AM
    the brightness of the day could have fooled you. Dont forget that your eyes can adapt to different brightnesses, so one day you tested 5.0 could had a different brightness as MM.

There is no reasonable explanation why 6.0 wouldn't have the same brightness than 5.0.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-16 12:36 PM
    Damn, we have a baller up in Crackberry. I'd trade you my Passport SE for a Priv. Haha

Using my OnePlus One until BlackBerry fixes the overheating issues on the Priv
    moody likes this.
    04-18-16 12:41 PM
    Damn, we have a baller up in Crackberry. I'd trade you my Passport SE for a Priv. Haha

Using my OnePlus One until BlackBerry fixes the overheating issues on the Priv
    If that SE would work on Verizon I'd trade in a heartbeat! Except I've already sold them all
    04-18-16 10:57 PM
    Yep, I noticed that right away on mine too.
    04-18-16 11:45 PM
    Yep, I noticed that right away on mine too.
    Glad I'm not alone 😁
    04-18-16 11:45 PM
    I had two passports last week. One going back to BlackBerry the other the replacement. Replacement is brighter and less blue undertones, even when adjusting parameters equally on both.
    07-02-16 09:50 AM