I just shifted from BB PP to BB Priv and it's wonderful but I failed to understand why it is lacking of the dedicated Pictures app? If I need to check my captures, I'll have to go to Google Photos! Why BB hasn't provided the device app?
    08-18-16 10:08 PM
    Because there's literally hundreds to choose from on the Google Play Store. Even the help app that came on your Priv tells you to download one from the Google Play Store. Some favorites include:

F-Stop - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...op.photo&hl=en
    Piktures - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pictures&hl=en
    QuickPic - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icFolder&hl=en
    Mecca EL and prasetyodanny like this.
    08-18-16 10:14 PM
    Why BB hasn't provided the device app?
    Because it's easier to just let the Google stock apps fly on the Priv than develop and fine-tune native apps of their own... (Even though they are "now a software company"...) That would be my venture as to why, anyways...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 10:16 PM
    I tried to install a few but it just links to Google photos and annoying ads! No use.
    08-18-16 10:17 PM
    I tried to install a few but it just links to Google photos and annoying ads! No use.
    Disable Google Photos entirely... Press and hold the icon and drag it to the designated 'Disable' tab at the top of the device...

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    08-18-16 10:19 PM
    Suggest you disable the Google Photos app and install Piktures App. It really works well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-16 10:37 PM
    I use Google photos but also use QuickPic which is great for making lots of folders.
    08-19-16 06:12 AM
    Google photos links nicely with Google docs I use it all the time on all my devices. It works better than apples photos.

Posted using a Blackberry Priv.
    08-19-16 06:15 AM
    Piktures is a pretty nice app. I have Google photos totally disabled

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-19-16 06:44 AM
    This was great advice. I hate the Google Apps and disabled it after downloading pictures. I am so happy now!

08-19-16 08:04 AM
    I have installed this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adybugs.fourto

Simple and without advertising.
    08-19-16 02:38 PM
    All I use is google photos. Unlimited back home is awesome. No more worry about my pictures.
    08-19-16 02:55 PM
    Question of the year
    10-26-16 10:23 PM
    Because there's literally hundreds to choose from on the Google Play Store. Even the help app that came on your Priv tells you to download one from the Google Play Store. Some favorites include:

F-Stop - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...op.photo&hl=en
    Piktures - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pictures&hl=en
    QuickPic - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icFolder&hl=en
    Its not a valid answer I believe. If they taunt so much about security, the main private things in the phone are almost always photos and videos and they suggest us to lay it on private apps?

And the comment you said can be ofcorz advocated against saying "There's literally so much android phones to choose from". If people chose BlackBerry android, then they need to provide everything especially when they taunt so much about security!

Not a personal attack....just my opinion

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    10-26-16 11:14 PM
    Its not a valid answer I believe. If they taunt so much about security, the main private things in the phone are almost always photos and videos and they suggest us to lay it on private apps?

And the comment you said can be ofcorz advocated against saying "There's literally so much android phones to choose from". If people chose BlackBerry android, then they need to provide everything especially when they taunt so much about security!

Not a personal attack....just my opinion

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    Absolutely. They should also provide games, fitness apps, start a streaming service so you don't have to use YouTube, launch their own positioning satellites to avoid evil GPS and GLONASS etc.

Also, disable Google Play Store entirely so you're at zero risk and have a completely locked down system with no option for additional or alternative apps. That's definitely what users need and want.
    Uzi likes this.
    10-27-16 01:12 AM
    Absolutely. They should also provide games, fitness apps, start a streaming service so you don't have to use YouTube, launch their own positioning satellites to avoid evil GPS and GLONASS etc.

Also, disable Google Play Store entirely so you're at zero risk and have a completely locked down system with no option for additional or alternative apps. That's definitely what users need and want.
    You seem to be very intelligent person *claps*

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    10-27-16 04:52 AM
    I just shifted from BB PP to BB Priv and it's wonderful but I failed to understand why it is lacking of the dedicated Pictures app? If I need to check my captures, I'll have to go to Google Photos! Why BB hasn't provided the device app?
    Google Photos works fine, you don't have to sync with Google Drive. App isolates and loads all photo folders such from apps such Instagram, OneNote, Facebook etc

What else are you looking for within the photos app?
    10-27-16 06:01 AM
    You seem to be very intelligent person *claps*

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    Thanks!
    10-27-16 07:24 AM
    With the amount of permissions these 3rd party picture apps are asking (contacts, location, offline and online files, network info etc..) it's not unusual for users to expect Blackberry to include a secure photos/pictures app like they've been doing in all previous devices. For a device to tout being most secure smartphone, if a user must depend on a 3rd party photos apps (including google's, which happens to sync pictures by default) it doesn't make much sense to me.
    FF22 and javelin like this.
    11-26-16 07:27 PM
    If anyone is keeping score, I'm on the dedicated BB photo app side. I certainly realize the arrangements for both sides but BlackBerry's android should be a little different, which it is, and a dedicated photo app should be part of that difference. Just sayin

Posted via CB10
    FF22, heading4tomorrow and javelin like this.
    11-26-16 07:44 PM
    Google Photos is the way to go for Android phones.
    11-26-16 10:52 PM
    Google Photos works fine, you don't have to sync with Google Drive. App isolates and loads all photo folders such from apps such Instagram, OneNote, Facebook etc

What else are you looking for within the photos app?
    Agree. Once you disable sync to GDrive and uncheck Contacts permission, the Google Photos app is quite good. I'm a little peeved that Priv photos are saved to a different location on my SD card than Passport photos, but the app finds them all, including the old folders I had created on my BlackBerry devices. I really don't need to use anything else.
    11-27-16 12:01 AM
    With the amount of permissions these 3rd party picture apps are asking (contacts, location, offline and online files, network info etc..) it's not unusual for users to expect Blackberry to include a secure photos/pictures app like they've been doing in all previous devices. For a device to tout being most secure smartphone, if a user must depend on a 3rd party photos apps (including google's, which happens to sync pictures by default) it doesn't make much sense to me.
    Couldn't have said this better myself

FF22 and heading4tomorrow like this.
    11-27-16 02:34 AM