Trying to figure out why Snapchat is so terrible on the priv. It's almost unusable at times. I always thought Androids were a little poor at running Snapchat compared to iOS for some reason, but my priv specifically is awful with it. I noticed this when picked up my friend's s7 edge and Snapchat ran flawlessly on that device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-19-16 10:13 PM
    Snap chat runs perfectly well on my G4.
    No issues.
    09-20-16 05:42 AM
    Sorry OP, I can't provide an answer to your question. I didn't make it 30 seconds through the setup of SnapChat when it started asking for permission to download my entire contact list to it's "secured servers", just so it can see who else out of my contacts has SnapChat. That was enough for me to rethink my need for SnapChat and it was swiftly uninstalled.

I did notice during Setup that the device was getting noticeably warmer. I didn't think anything of it at the time as that occasionally happens with other app on the PRIV.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    09-20-16 06:00 AM
    Works fine for me apart from using the PKB to type captions

09-20-16 08:00 AM
    Snap chat runs perfectly well on my G4.
    No issues.
    Ya i find it's only the priv. Phone gets extremely hot and freezes quite often

jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-20-16 10:35 AM
    Same for me. I uninstall and reinstall it and it works a little better but nowhere near any other phone. Video is choppy and sometimes freezes, constantly says "could not connect to server", keyboard takes a few tries to pop up, gets super hot when using an interactive filter, sometimes takes 3 taps to load a snap, etc. So weird.
    bibbula and Lawmen23 like this.
    09-20-16 11:04 AM
    Other than the occasional lag, snap chat seems to be running fine on my priv

jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-20-16 01:17 PM
    Yes I've used it on friends Galaxy S6 and Edge and it runs flawless.

On the Priv there runs notably poor for some odd reason. I have to wait a good 10-20 seconds after opening the app to be able to capture an acceptable video.

09-20-16 02:06 PM
    Other than overheating my phone I have no issues with snapchat. To fix the overheating issues I found that I just have to keep location services disabled.
    09-20-16 03:17 PM
    I'm surprised how many people are OK with allowing the app to download their entire contact list to remote servers. I'm not a security driven person by nature but I find these types of permission requests from app developer's troubling.

baspeed and Sigewif like this.
    09-20-16 03:30 PM
    Especially considering how any times their "secure" servers have been hacked by amateurs.
    Sigewif likes this.
    09-20-16 03:42 PM
    But... you can just say no to accessing contacts - same with Fb, and Fb Messenger), TW and probably others. So I don't.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-20-16 03:57 PM
    Ever since the last update all it does it crash. But I am on Verizon so it does not surprise me.
    09-20-16 04:03 PM
    Judging from the play store reviews, it's bad all around on Android. Seems to work fine for me but i don't use it much.

smcv likes this.
    09-20-16 04:07 PM
    I'm surprised how many people are OK with allowing the app to download their entire contact list to remote servers. I'm not a security driven person by nature but I find these types of permission requests from app developer's troubling.

Most of everyone's contact lists has already given up their details to either snap chat or Facebook anyways haha.

09-20-16 04:09 PM
    I don't know about other devices but I made this comparison chart of the two I used.

Why is Snapchat So Bad on Priv-8yeumja.jpg
    brian4591, BGRS and bh7171 like this.
    09-20-16 05:09 PM
    I don't know about other devices but I made this comparison chart of the two I used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8YeuMjA.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	408699
    Bwhaha +10k

I have refused numerous apps for the sake of privacy not just mine but my contact list as well. It's pretty much a waste though even my wife uses snapchat so they likely know more about me than I do now.

09-20-16 08:32 PM
    Snapchat was made popular by teens who felt it was an acceptable means of hiding their indiscretions from their parents in effort to avoid having their phones confiscated and/or being grounded... What I find sad as well as particularly troubling is how quickly it erupted into the world of grown adults... As the unemployment rates continue to blossom as does the reign of deviant intentions and the data-mining apps that promote such perversions to flourish... (Kind of like the influx of juvenile psuedo-calculator apps designed to hide one's most dubious photo endeavors from the prying eyes of their marital partner and such...) -sigh- C'est la vie...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 09:09 PM
    Lol at all the snapchat hate here. It's hilarious. Snapchat uses your phones contacts (phone numbers) to find users that you would know.

Also people use it for more than sexting. I'm sure it's used for that too. But majority use it to share stuff from their life. The temporal duration makes people more comfortable sharing. Usually I see pictures of food or random stuff from someones day.

Good lord BlackBerry should just make a phone without any cameras for you guys on CB.

marshalayy likes this.
    09-20-16 09:33 PM
    Lol at all the snapchat hate here. It's hilarious. Snapchat uses your phones contacts (phone numbers) to find users that you would know.

Also people use it for more than sexting. I'm sure it's used for that too. But majority use it to share stuff from their life. The temporal duration makes people more comfortable sharing. Usually I see pictures of food or random stuff from someones day.

Good lord BlackBerry should just make a phone without any cameras for you guys on CB.

Actually I'm pretty sure they make a Classic with no camera

09-20-16 09:55 PM

They do... I don't mind sharing pictures... Just feel no need to use an app when I do so...

bh7171 likes this.
    09-20-16 09:58 PM

Thank you. If you don't use it then don't lol. It's not childish if you do. It's funny to send snaps to your friends and not have to worry about taking a picture and then attaching it to a text message and then having a bunch of pointless photos saved to your camera roll.. that's the purpose of snapchat. The pictures expire not because your being sneaky lol. Anyone who knows snapchat knows you can replay anyones snap again now and screenshot it haha. That's my rant for the night!!

skinnymike1 and mithrazor like this.
    09-20-16 10:32 PM

Great, these guys should pick that up and get out of the Priv sub-forum so they won't have the need to post when talking about an app they don't like lol

09-20-16 10:57 PM
    I had the same problem OP, I figured out the problem for me was Snapchat being moved to the SD card (I formatted it wrong on the phone and the OS automatically moved it to the card) and resulted in Snapchat to cause heating, lag, and performance drops, when I moved it back to the phone storage it worked just fine (For the most part). Just something you should look for in case the same happened to you. Also keep in mind SC has always been pretty bad for performance
    09-21-16 01:24 AM
    I had the same problem OP, I figured out the problem for me was Snapchat being moved to the SD card (I formatted it wrong on the phone and the OS automatically moved it to the card) and resulted in Snapchat to cause heating, lag, and performance drops, when I moved it back to the phone storage it worked just fine (For the most part). Just something you should look for in case the same happened to you. Also keep in mind SC has always been pretty bad for performance
    Nice first post! My buddy uses Snapchat on his Priv with his daughter (it's his way of being hip, she's his only contact). I'm sure he doesn't have an SD Card, I just asked him about performance. That sounds like a possible issue.
    09-21-16 08:09 AM
55 123