10-28-15 01:11 PM
    Except they missed out the ones complaining about price... those ones do get downvoted a lot however.
    10-28-15 01:16 PM
    So the reddit section which is dedicated to Blackberry fans is excited for a blackberry product?

I know people claimed that we'd see higher profile and more obvious marketing efforts as the launch approached - is this what they mean?
    10-28-15 01:27 PM
    So the reddit section which is dedicated to Blackberry fans is excited for a blackberry product?

I know people claimed that we'd see higher profile and more obvious marketing efforts as the launch approached - is this what they mean?
    Actually only a few of them were from r/BlackBerry. Most were from r/Android, r/AndroidMasterRace (one of their flairs are "BlackBerry Barberians"), and r/gadgets. So I would say some of them aren't exactly BlackBerry fans.
    10-28-15 01:33 PM
    Actually only a few of them were from r/BlackBerry. Most were from r/Android, r/AndroidMasterRace (one of their flairs are "BlackBerry Barberians"), and r/gadgets. So I would say some of them aren't exactly BlackBerry fans.
    good catch - I only clicked on the first one - the second one had four people in it - I guess you take the praise where you can get it. Cheap at least.
    10-28-15 01:47 PM
    No one reads the BlackBerry blogs, hello? Loll

I've been watching these blog posts ever since the z10. Doesn't count as marketting...

The oneplus campaign, that was marketting.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-28-15 01:53 PM
    I... guess that naked tattooed guy is slightly better than their other recent promotional images?
    10-28-15 01:58 PM
    good catch - I only clicked on the first one - the second one had four people in it - I guess you take the praise where you can get it. Cheap at least.
    Yeah I've been accused so many times over in the BBRY section of being a paid something or another....

If that works, BlackBerry ought to require each employee to make 10 post a day on different social media outlets. Or pay a marketing team to come up with some type of social media marketing scheme.
    10-28-15 02:07 PM
    Lol!!
    Lol!!
    Lol!!
    Bb is cheap!!!!
    10-28-15 02:44 PM
    Reddit is a very critical group. The phone getting these reviews over there means a lot especially since they are not typical BB users. Speaks volumes about what a typical user might think.
    Xaiux and ssilva7 like this.
    10-28-15 02:54 PM
    If they really are listening to Reddit, they need to drop the price by $100-$150, at least in a promo of some sort.
    10-28-15 04:04 PM
    If they really are listening to Reddit, they need to drop the price by $100-$150, at least in a promo of some sort.
    I was thinking the same thing. A 64Gb San Disk card on amazon retails for $27
    10-28-15 04:12 PM
    One of the blog testimonials makes reference to a Market Ticker write-up that I think hits the nail on the head regarding much of the pricing discuss. Worth a read. In short, the Priv is in the middle of the pricing ballpark when actually comparing specs and features, which is really the context in which pricing should be discussed.

http://market-ticker.org/post=230826

Passport on AT&T
    10-28-15 04:22 PM
    One of the blog testimonials makes reference to a Market Ticker write-up that I think hits the nail on the head regarding much of the pricing discuss. Worth a read. In short, the Priv is in the middle of the pricing ballpark when actually comparing specs and features, which is really the context in which pricing should be discussed.

A Word On The BlackBerry Priv And Pricing in [Market-Ticker]

Passport on AT&T
    It's not that the hardware isn't worth the MSRP they are asking. It's more to push people over the fence. At that price a LOT of people (including myself) are sitting on it. Hence why I don't think they should lower the full MSRP, just a promo.
    10-28-15 04:25 PM
    My take on the price is that will adjust sooner rather than later. Amazon is usually pretty fast with this and that is not limited to BlackBerry.

While I agree the price probably matches the hardware and software you get, it is a hurdle for those being willing to make the move.

FWIW

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-28-15 04:28 PM
    Reddit is a very critical group. The phone getting these reviews over there means a lot especially since they are not typical BB users. Speaks volumes about what a typical user might think.
    Ya, now they just need a big announcement
    10-28-15 05:06 PM
    Would love that however would not be impressed if early adopters like myself get the shaft
    10-28-15 05:07 PM
    Would love that however would not be impressed if early adopters like myself get the shaft
    Frankly I find the preorder was a bit silly. No real advantage over getting it in store. We KNOW it's 100 less for outright, and I get it faster.

I think that preorder was more like a pricing experiment to set the MSRP higher.
    10-28-15 07:20 PM