Damn this is long.

***Edit---------------
    Cliff note version:

Priv
    -VKB will be available on all androids not just Priv
    -Hub isn't nearly as efficient as its BB10 Predecessor
    -'Security' not that big of a deal to a knowledgeable techy, plus can't stop Google data-mining anyway

Nexus
    -Purest and newest OS updates
    -Marshmallow OS has great security features

Windows Lumia 950
    -I'm a W10 user and love it
    -Great Camera like Priv
    -Windows filing system
    -Windows Continuum Rocks!

***end cliff notes --------

I am struggling pretty tough these days as to what my next phone should be. I've narrowed it down to 3: (Priv, Nexus 6p, and Lumia 950).

At first Priv was a slam dunk but then some things are changing my mind. Mainly because the bonuses of going to Priv over any other Android device seems to be not limited to the Priv and/or not what they seem. Obviously some factors are just opinion.

Priv PROs(and why I look at them differently now)

VKB-
    I need to have BB10 VKB as a requirement. I would only use the PKB as a scrolling mechanism or shortcut launch pad. I love the VKB that much. The turn-off now is that it is the BB10 VKB is available on the Google play store and is not limited to the Priv, I know it says it is but come on, it's android, techs will find a way to get it elsewhere so theoretically I can get it on the nexus.

HUB
    I LOVE BB10 Hub. It is the most efficient way to handle all my communications. A huge part of that is BB10s swipe gestures that are not on the Priv. What's more is that based on what I have seen in leaks and simulators, the hub can't be a one stop shop for reading AND composing all(read 'most') forms of messages adding to more 'clicks' and app segways. So it seems like the 'efficiency' trait has taken a huge step back during its migration to Android.

Security
    Data mining. Chen flat out said that the Priv is on par with Knox phones and 'maybe' a step below Black Phone 2. I think what he means is that while BB10s software does help with securing apps, or at least educating the users about permissions, that he can not stop the data mining Google requires. Then again I really can't say for sure what he means by saying it is not 'tier 1' in regards to secured Android. Either way is this even a necessity for me as a law abiding consumer with decent knowledge of tech scams and red flags? Should I even consider Android at all based on Google Data practices?

Priv CONs
    Software = aka Frankenstein Android Lollipop
    Why not have the purest Streamlined Android OS on tap? Why should I even consider being subject to Blackberries notoriously long waiting periods for OS updates? Besides, Marshmallow seems to have a ton of great security features (ie the ability to send apps fake data).

So help me

Based on everything I listed above, why should even consider a Priv when I can have the purest CURRENT Android experience? Am I missing something? Did I get something flat-out wrong? I know spec-wise the camera is better but I still like my Z30's cam.

Oh wait, Lumia 950!
    I'm a window's user and love W10. I think 'continuum' is an awesome feature and seems to be what Thorsten intended to turn BB10 phones into. The camera is great and it has an awesome filing system. App selection is better than BB10 so I will feel a boost here.

Argh! This is HARD!

Thanks for the replies, I know that this will come with some(or a lot) of negative replies, but I'm sure I will also get some helpful responses in there somewhere.
    10-29-15 01:24 PM
    Well if price is a factor then the 6p and 950 are both cheaper. If you buy the 6p you get a $50 Google play credit as well. I would wait until all three are out and have been thoroughly reviewed.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Dazzla like this.
    10-29-15 01:30 PM
    You won't get the BlackBerry VKB, file mgt, email hub, password, calandar or any other unique BlackBerry features on any Android but Priv.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-29-15 01:37 PM
    I think right now it's too early to compare... wait for the reviews on the PRIV. Might be a great phone, or it might be just another BlackBerry Beta device that needs time to mature. Wait a few weeks and the picture might be clearer.

I do like the Lumia 950 & the OS in general... but I'm not keen on the ecosystem. They have the main apps, but if you use some fringe stuff, it probable isn't there.

If I go Android... pretty sure it will be a Nexus device. Just don't want to put updates in the hands of OEM's or Carriers. (big negative for the PRIV if sales aren't a success)

And I've still got an iPhone on my list.... just too many people in my circle using one. I kinda get left out of the Facetime calls from the grand kids.
    10-29-15 01:38 PM
    You won't get the BlackBerry VKB, file mgt, email hub, password, calandar or any other unique BlackBerry features on any Android but Priv.

Are you sure about that.....? They are just apps, and BlackBerry has stated they plan to sell some of their "BlackBerry Experience".
    10-29-15 01:39 PM
    I would wait it out:

1. Price may drop
    2. Not sure how Android updates will be handled, OTA or through carrier.
    3. Not sure when BlackBerry Apps will be available on other Android phones, and how are they updated.
    4. Not sure how Priv will do and if BlackBerry will kill their device business.
    5. Etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-29-15 01:47 PM
    Are you sure about that.....? They are just apps, and BlackBerry has stated they plan to sell some of their "BlackBerry Experience".
    The are not just apps, at this point they are all exclusive to the Priv. As for the BlackBerry Experience, not a word from BlackBerry since March. Maybe they're waiting for the Priv to be released first.
    10-29-15 01:51 PM
    The are not just apps, at this point they are all exclusive to the Priv. As for the BlackBerry Experience, not a word from BlackBerry since March. Maybe they're waiting for the Priv to be released first.
    So I'm wrong and I'm right?

I agree that right now they are exclusive... and I agree so far we haven't hear anything else about the "Experience". Just pointing out that those "apps" might not have to be a deal breaker for the OP. If he waits just a little bit, all might be revealed.... and if he is willing to pay for them of course.
    10-29-15 01:58 PM
    I'm in a similar situation - love BB10 - used Z30 for 2 years, using a leap right now.
    Can't go without hub - but itching for a newer device. Waited patiently for priv - now that we know the details , still apprehensive about android powered BB and the price - its a bit too high
    Considering HTV A9 or lumia 950 as alternatives. Can't decide. Slightly leaning towards priv right now!!
    10-29-15 02:03 PM
    In my limited experiences with Androids and my conversations with my friends who have Androids And are techies, if it is on the play store, people will find a way to get it even with it being 'limited' to Priv
    10-29-15 02:05 PM
    I'm in a similar situation - love BB10 - used Z30 for 2 years, using a leap right now.
    Can't go without hub - but itching for a newer device. Waited patiently for priv - now that we know the details , still apprehensive about android powered BB and the price - its a bit too high
    Considering HTV A9 or lumia 950 as alternatives. Can't decide. Slightly leaning towards priv right now!!
    I feel your pain. I forgot to mention my 4th option : staying with my Z30 and changing the wallpaper haha. Maybe even get a new case
    10-29-15 02:06 PM
    ***Edit---------------
    Cliff note version:

Priv
    -VKB will be available on all androids not just Priv
    -Hub isn't nearly as efficient as its BB10 Predecessor
    -'Security' not that big of a deal to a knowledgeable techy, plus can't stop Google data-mining anyway

Nexus
    -Purest and newest OS updates
    -Marshmallow OS has great security features

Windows Lumia 950
    -I'm a W10 user and love it
    -Great Camera like Priv
    -Windows filing system
    -Windows Continuum Rocks!

***end cliff notes --------
    So, for the priv you write all the "flaws", and for the others you write the positives? what kind of analysis is this?

How about you talk about that the 950XL is running microsoft, wich means, you're low on apps?
    How about you talk about the smaller battery in the microsoft?`
    How about you talk about the lack of SD card-slot in the Nexus?
    How about you talk about the gigantic bezels on the Nexus6p (the 6p is bigger than the older nexus 6, despite the 6P having a smaller screen)
    The Priv has a Pkb, if you don't want it, it's not the phone's problem, you just have different taste.
    The security features are for everybody, tech-savy or not, and since most people just want a phone, not to geek about it, the security feature are cool.
    dietertong and Adam Frix like this.
    10-29-15 02:25 PM
    I'm guessing restaurant menus give you indigestion. Some people just don't like choice.
    10-29-15 02:43 PM

How can you be sure have you tested it on other Android devices? If so, how'd we manage to run Google Playstore on BB10? :P

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    10-29-15 02:58 PM
    How can you be sure have you tested it on other Android devices? If so, how'd we manage to run Google Playstore on BB10? :P
    People with other Android phones who have tried, can't download them.
    10-29-15 03:10 PM
    I mentioned this elsewhere as well but, just because the apps are listed in the play store doesn't mean they'll be available to anyone other then blackberry users. Companies do this so they have the flexibility of quick updates to specific OS related apps. With BB's emphasis on security I'm sure there will be a built in security check to verify the hardware the app is attempting to be installed on... Similar to how a paid app runs a check to verify proof of purchase. The only other way to get it would then be to obtain root on the PRiV and crack the security key that's built in. It's possible for manufacturers to build in a kill switch for anyone tinkering around within root privileged access files. My guess is BB will definitely have this built in as well. Not saying it can't be hacked, but I'm saying the likely hood of getting all the parts lined up to move an app over and then execute it would be sufficient enough to deter most.
    10-29-15 03:18 PM
    So, for the priv you write all the "flaws", and for the others you write the positives? what kind of analysis is this?
    I listed the cons of the pros if that makes since.

How about you talk about that the 950XL is running microsoft, wich means, you're low on apps?
    Still more than BB10 so I will still be pleased

How about you talk about the smaller battery in the microsoft?`
    Eh. As long as it gets me through the day, size doesn't necessarily matter

How about you talk about the lack of SD card-slot in the Nexus?
    This is HUGE. I did not know that. Thanks!
    10-29-15 03:33 PM
    I listed the cons of the pros if that makes since.

Still more than BB10 so I will still be pleased

Eh. As long as it gets me through the day, size doesn't necessarily matter

This is HUGE. I did not know that. Thanks!
    Your OP has all priv disvantages, and even the advantages you dismiss them by saying they are not relevant to you... since you're not the role model of human being that's irrelevant. The phone might just not suit you. I see no Pros and Cons there at all. All it says is that priv has no advantages that other phones don't have, and the other 2 phones are so much greater.... "I'm a windows phone user and I love it"... great feature!!! shame that iOS and Android users hate their phones, lets all move to WP and love what we have...

-No If you include that BB10 runs 95% of android apps, WP doesn't have more apps despite being a great OS with great potential.
    -Some people can have enought battery life for the entire day on a Iphone 4, so are we assuming it's good just because it does? no...
    -Once you stuff a 512 GB Sd-card on the SD-slot, the advantage in storage to your beloved 6P is not huge, is MONSTROUS!!!

How about we stop the "bashing" threads and assume that the device just isn't for you? Both Priv, 6p, 950xl, and pretty much every damn phone has it's pros and cons, each one of them will suit each person.
    10-29-15 03:50 PM
    Dunt:, I am sure. Not for a long long time. It would devalue Priv. BlackBerry Productivity Suite will not be available until either Pruv is hugely successful for a least a year or a flop then in that case there won't be any more phones.
    Remember. These are patented products so it makes BlackBerry more desirable to a company possibly looking to acquire.

10-29-15 03:58 PM
    Do you want a physical keyboard?

Yes: Priv

No: Nexus

Posted via CB10
    thecurryman likes this.
    10-29-15 04:38 PM
    From what we've seen, BlackBerry is providing a distinctive experience on Android. They've implemented the Hub and the excellent virtual and physical keyboards, and providing security enhancements. And yes, BB-specific apk's will remain specific to BlackBerry Android phones (same way that you can't easily re-skin a Galaxy as a Sony Xperia, and that even if you sort-of can there's no guarantee any of it will work).

This is a high-end Android. It has a professional look and feel. I get that there's a lot of competition in the Android ecosystem, but BB enjoys a little more brand equity, even now. I've talked to many, many former BB users who would love to come back, so here's the chance for them to put their money where their mouth is.
    10-29-15 06:23 PM
    All blackberry Priv software has been cracked and can now be put on Nexus 6p. All that in less than a week since release. Welcome to Android...
    11-10-15 04:51 PM
    11-10-15 04:52 PM
    11-10-15 04:54 PM
    hahaha that sucks for them...
    11-10-15 05:00 PM
32 12