I've noticed some posts around here talking about Android users "excitement" over the Priv.

This author does a pretty good job of explaining why some of us are very interested & watching this device closely. Well worth a read.

Why the Blackberry Priv Matters [Opinion] | Droid Life

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    HKondor and 00stryder like this.
    10-27-15 10:44 AM
    For BB, the only thing that will matter is how well it sells. You must remember that last year a lot of people though that the Passport was the most innovative device released and it still didn't sell.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and LazyEvul like this.
    10-27-15 10:50 AM
    The "excitement" has died down already...

Read the comments to the article, or visit some Android forums..... AndroidCentral has a whole section on the PRIV.

Price is an issue... but so is timing, the Nexus devices are grabbing most of the attention now.

(what sad is you have the BB10 faithful still beating their drums)
    10-27-15 11:02 AM
    For BB, the only thing that will matter is how well it sells. You must remember that last year a lot of people though that the Passport was the most innovative device released and it still didn't sell.
    I wasn't even aware of the Passport last year & I'd consider myself fairly knowledgeable in smart phone trends and os. I'm not an expert, but I follow the industry closer than your average Joe.

Until seeing news of Project Venice, I had thought BB only sold specialized phones to businesses and governments for the last few years.

10-27-15 11:14 AM
    The "excitement" has died down already...

Read the comments to the article, or visit some Android forums..... AndroidCentral has a whole section on the PRIV.

Price is an issue... but so is timing, the Nexus devices are grabbing most of the attention now.

(what sad is you have the BB10 faithful still beating their drums)
    There is excitement, but it's a cautious excitement. BlackBerry really has done some serious self inflicted damage to damper the original interest.

The Nexus devices, LG V10, 2 new Moto devices and Sammy rattling the S7 can. It's a crowded field for BB.

It's not just the BB10 faithful though banging the drum. I'm an Android guy & I've been talking about this thing to many different people.

It's gone from a day 1 purchase to a wait and see what happens for me, but I still have an interest.

10-27-15 09:07 PM
    Very good article!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 10:06 PM
    Good article. The only thing he has wrong, "Samsung and HTC are fighting to copy Apple better and faster". Where does he think apple is getting their innovative ideas. lol
    10-28-15 04:00 AM
    Good article. The only thing he has wrong, "Samsung and HTC are fighting to copy Apple better and faster". Where does he think apple is getting their innovative ideas. lol
    I don't think the author meant that as Apple being innovative. He's referring to the how HTC & Sammy are copying the form factor and the anti consumer practices such as no more expandable memory.

10-28-15 06:42 AM
    I've noticed some posts around here talking about Android users "excitement" over the Priv.

This author does a pretty good job of explaining why some of us are very interested & watching this device closely. Well worth a read.

Why the Blackberry Priv Matters [Opinion] | Droid Life

In my opinion the article started out good however, the author seemed to offer very weak examples to support his point. His main point was hardware differentiation yet he failed to mention that the keyboard is not only slide out but also a trackpad. The speaker in the front is not only a speaker it's a natural sound speaker. He also failed, in my openion, to highlight the fact that those hardware differentiation are for a practical reason not just the same old tired design. The author of the article get a plus for his point and that's it. Software along with hardware matters and it shouldn't be one way or the other. The Priv takes the generic android software and adds meaningful small integrated software to the OS with out being intrusive and then married those small changes to the differentiated hardware. The only company that comes close to this concept in android is Motorola however, Priv has soooooo much more to offer with a stronger hardware and software differentiation.
    Last edited by fadi.alsaidi; 10-28-15 at 08:18 AM.
    10-28-15 07:55 AM
    For BlackBerry the only thing that matters is if Google, or one of the other OEMS calls Chen up and says "how much to license X, Y and Z" that's all the Priv is, a giant poc

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:02 AM
    In my opinion the article started out good however, the author seemed to offer very weak examples to support his point. His main point was hardware differentiation yet he failed to mention that the keyboard is not only slide out but also a trackpad. The speaker in the front is not only a speaker it's a natural sound speaker. He also failed, in my openion, to highlight the fact that those hardware differentiation are for a practical reason not just the same old tired design. The author of the article get a plus for his point and that's it. Software along with hardware matters and it shouldn't be one way or the other. The Priv takes the generic android software and adds meaningful small integrated software to the OS with out being intrusive and married this email changes to the differentiated hardware. The only company that comes close to this concept in android is Motorola however, Priv has soooooo much more to offer with a stronger hardware and software differentiation.

It's certain *different* we have no idea if its *differentiated* until we get a full quarter of sales.
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    10-28-15 08:06 AM
    Google is already working very closely with blackberry. They merged BES12 with Google for Work.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 08:11 AM